• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The most dangerous man

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nara

Folks,

In 1969, one Daniel Elsberg smuggled a bunch of documents relating to the then ongoing Vietnam war from the US Department of Defense and passed them along to the press. These papers came to be known as The Pentagon papers. These documents showed that the Vietnam war was sold to the public and the US Congress based on a pack of lies. This revelation ultimately led to the congress cutting all funding to the war and consequently, the complete withdrawal of US from Vietnam.

At the time Kissinger called Elsberg, "the most dangerous man in the U.S." Suffice it to say the administration went after Elsberg with full force, charging him with espionage and other serious crimes. Elsberg faced a total of 115 years in prison if convicted. However, he was ultimately acquitted of all charges because the government was found to have engaged in gross misconduct and illegal evidence gathering.

A similar story is evolving now with the two ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I think most are familiar with the Wikileaks video of Apachie helicopter attack that showed the killing of Reuters journalists and other by standers. It may be viewed here.

The person suspected of leaking this video to Wikileaks, Manning, was charged today and could face up to 52 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

All he did was reveal gross negligence and misconduct by the military. The material yet to be released to the public is supposed to be quite significant.

When Obama was elected there was pressure from the left to investigate Bush administration on a range of possible violations of the law including, warrant less wiretapping of US citizens, manipulating and squiring intelligence in a march to war, the so called "torture" memo from the Office of Legal Council of the Justice Department. Obama firmly resisted and grandly declared he is not interested in looking back, but wanted to move forward.

But case after case his administration has gone after low rung whistle blowers with the same vigor as Nixon administration and Bush combined. To get a glimpse of Obama's vigor in shutting down whistle blowers take a look at this.

Cheers!

Folks,

In 1969, one Daniel Elsberg smuggled a bunch of documents relating to the then ongoing Vietnam war from the US Department of Defense and passed them along to the press. These papers came to be known as The Pentagon papers. These documents showed that the Vietnam war was sold to the public and the US Congress based on a pack of lies. This revelation ultimately led to the congress cutting all funding to the war and consequently, the complete withdrawal of US from Vietnam.

At the time Kissinger called Elsberg, "the most dangerous man in the U.S." Suffice it to say the administration went after Elsberg with full force, charging him with espionage and other serious crimes. Elsberg faced a total of 115 years in prison if convicted. However, he was ultimately acquitted of all charges because the government was found to have engaged in gross misconduct and illegal evidence gathering.

A similar story is evolving now with the two ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I think most are familiar with the Wikileaks video of Apachie helicopter attack that showed the killing of Reuters journalists and other by standers. It may be viewed here.

The person suspected of leaking this video to Wikileaks, Manning, was charged today and could face up to 52 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

All he did was reveal gross negligence and misconduct by the military. The material yet to be released to the public is supposed to be quite significant.

When Obama was elected there was pressure from the left to investigate Bush administration on a range of possible violations of the law including, warrant less wiretapping of US citizens, manipulating and squiring intelligence in a march to war, the so called "torture" memo from the Office of Legal Council of the Justice Department. Obama firmly resisted and grandly declared he is not interested in looking back, but wanted to move forward.

But case after case his administration has gone after low rung whistle blowers with the same vigor as Nixon administration and Bush combined. To get a glimpse of Obama's vigor in shutting down whistle blowers take a look at this.

Cheers!

nara

military is meant for offense as well as defense.now,president thought offense is best form of defense.despite acknowledging that intelligence report was flawed,today troops are very much there in Iraq.so ,you do have a point.but,preparations are being made to leave iraqis alone,as a fav govt for usa is in place in iraq.wherein no threat will be to homeland from iraqis.similiarly only becoz 9/11 happened,afghanistani taliban/al-qaeda trained 19 saudi citizens attacked homeland of usa,the war was ordered to quell such attacks from further happening.

any sensible nation,will retaliate.and thats exactly what happened.now after 9 years,they have not acheived the missions objectives,is a pentagon problem,for which genrals commanders need to be hauled up,instead of being tolerated.so,gen ,machrystal got fired.we now have,gen petraeus to lead.

now,history says a lots of things of past about afghanistan which is originally part of india like pakistan which was part of india,today its americans who are making history.taliban is now sobered,only small elements are creating attacks in nato defense.afghanistan,needs to be made into 2 nations,which will solve the major problem of taliban.

soon,within a year,the troops will leave afghanistan and pakistan will be back with its strategic depth in afghanistan and bleed india policy ,the halal style,especially now congress has increased funding to pakistan 4 times than what it was..:mmph:so,back to biz,and everybodys pockets are lined and the usual media ops will be done.all will be kumbhaya.jai ho :).

americans are avenging ancient indians territory of kandhahari,which maha bharatham in puranas depict.what goes around comes around - law of karma.the americans are reborn (reincarnated) indians fighting the same scourge in the hindu-kush mountains aka being happy killing hindus mountains.so,afghanistan must be stabilised at any cost,and the media and military shud go on a offensive,say its not war between christanity and islam.its war for dharma.

Folks,

Cheers!
if i am not to be mistaken what relevance these kind of postings like iraq, afganisthan, bush , obama has to do with this forum, tamil brahmins.com? Are they to do any thing with brahmins in any way relating to or with regard to the purpose of this forum?
Can one discuss anything of the world, here?

hi folks,,
i think obama is tamil brahmin.....USA is tamil brahmin country...
lol.............

regards
tbs

hi folks,,
i think obama is tamil brahmin.....USA is tamil brahmin country...
lol.............

regards
tbs

nunna sonnale pongo besh besh......yendi pankajome coffee romba nunna irukku di :)

if i am not to be mistaken what relevance these kind of postings like iraq, afganisthan, bush , obama has to do with this forum, tamil brahmins.com? Are they to do any thing with brahmins in any way relating to or with regard to the purpose of this forum?

drs,

i don't think there is anything wrong in discussing any topic we want, unless it is in bad taste towards our community.

judging by the replies, you may notice, that this has attracted quite a few players.

there are many posts here that i do not follow. i simply avoid them. i think that is a good way to deal with posts that does not interest you. if there are no takers, the thread experiences a natural death.

this forum claims to be for brahmins spread everywhere. we all have different interests... and after all variety is the spice of life. is it not?

Sri drsundaram,

You were quite an active participant in these forum for some time and then, and slowly faded away. I feel you would have got disenchanted , it appears from your above words.

Though your query is quite relevant,

I have to give a realistic explanation. Someone starts a small enterprise say of coffee. Initially all connoisseurs and lovers of coffee throng the shop.But by and by the footfalls become less.However, in between there are enquiries for Tea. Finding that if he has to keep afloat, then he has to cater to the tea lovers also, the shopkeeper displays some tea also.Like that , he goes on adding more items to his shop.His business thrives. But he still keeps coffee and in fact he brings better stuff now, because whoever comes to him now ,come with full knowledge and trust on him.They are his loyal and devoted clients.

This forum is started for the betterment of Tamil Brahmins and brahmins as a whole. This aim is still not lost. But, just for that if only Gaayatri and Sandhyavandanam , and slokas only are discussed
then the crowd will drift away.That will be end of the forum and end of a well intended effort.
But if variety of matters are discussed, it keeps multitudes engaged, more are drawn to this,(some of them may be fine gems for the community)and out of quantity, quality also comes in.

To reach a good event,or place, we may have to pass by a road which may have many things ,unneeded for us, scattered around.But we will not mind them,rather avoid them ,and concentrate on our journey.Concentrating on our aim.Not these distractions.But if any of these also are good for us then that is a bonus.

So even if many of the discussions here are not directly relevant to the aim of this forum and brahmins as such, and sometimes some are openly dangerous and suicidal to the TBs especially to the naive,
the forum has to go on for the ultimate aim and goal.

As long as they don't derail the forum,it does not matter.
To quote Gandhiji from anther context, these are "necessary evils" .

Greetings

Sri drsundaram,

You were quite an active participant in these forum for some time and then, and slowly faded away. I feel you would have got disenchanted , it appears from your above words.

Though your query is quite relevant,

I have to give a realistic explanation. Someone starts a small enterprise say of coffee. Initially all connoisseurs and lovers of coffee throng the shop.But by and by the footfalls become less.However, in between there are enquiries for Tea. Finding that if he has to keep afloat, then he has to cater to the tea lovers also, the shopkeeper displays some tea also.Like that , he goes on adding more items to his shop.His business thrives. But he still keeps coffee and in fact he brings better stuff now, because whoever comes to him now ,come with full knowledge and trust on him.They are his loyal and devoted clients.

This forum is started for the betterment of Tamil Brahmins and brahmins as a whole. This aim is still not lost. But, just for that if only Gaayatri and Sandhyavandanam , and slokas only are discussed
then the crowd will drift away.That will be end of the forum and end of a well intended effort.
But if variety of matters are discussed, it keeps multitudes engaged, more are drawn to this,(some of them may be fine gems for the community)and out of quantity, quality also comes in.

To reach a good event,or place, we may have to pass by a road which may have many things ,unneeded for us, scattered around.But we will not mind them,rather avoid them ,and concentrate on our journey.Concentrating on our aim.Not these distractions.But if any of these also are good for us then that is a bonus.

So even if many of the discussions here are not directly relevant to the aim of this forum and brahmins as such, and sometimes some are openly dangerous and suicidal to the TBs especially to the naive,
the forum has to go on for the ultimate aim and goal.

As long as they don't derail the forum,it does not matter.
To quote Gandhiji from anther context, these are "necessary evils" .

Greetings
Two aspects in the above post sound jarring to my ears. One is "...if he has to keep afloat..." and the second, "...necessary evils...". I don't think there is any consideration for remaining afloat here. What was perhaps started as a forum to bring TBs together and do some constructive help to the deserving sections of the community simply got transformed into a vast discussion forum without achieving its primary goal. Now Shri Praveen has started a new website for the NS which is a constructive help to the members of the community.

The use of the word evil, even by Gandhiji, denoted that those things to which he so referred, were not relished by him. So, if we find similar evils here we should not be lenient and there is no harm in pointing these out.

.... So, if we find similar evils here we should not be lenient and there is no harm in pointing these out.

Dear Shri sangom,

Some may think I am being paranoid, if so, let it be, for I try my best to let these things not bother me.

The evil SK is talking about is some of what I write about. Gentleman he may be, but even after I invited him to talk to me directly about issues that bother him, he chooses to hide behind vague innuendos and harsh words without naming anyone allowing him the advantage of deniability. This only shows he does not have any valid arguments and that he is a coward.

I feel really sorry for having to use such words, but, if I am to be called an evil force I prefer that it is done to my face.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back