• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thamizhar panpaadu / thamizhar kalaachaaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
in this jallikattu movement.......youngesters are well organised.....no political party affillliations.....in fact,,,,,,they fed up with

political party promises for last 3 years.....no caste/religion in this agitation.....thanks to social medias....

Equivalent of Arab spring...But you would notice all politicians supporting this...They are fearing the youngsters

தமிழர் பண்பாட்டைப் பற்றி ஒரு நல்ல பக்கத்தைப் படித்தேன்! :ranger:

அதில் உள்ள தலைப்புக்கள் இவை: காதல்; வீரம்; நட்பு; விருந்தோம்பல்.

இந்த பக்கத்தைப் படிக்க இதைச் சொடுக்கவும்: தமிழ்ப் பண்பாட்டின் கூறுகள்

இவை மட்டுமன்றி ஈகை, கொடை, கற்புடைமை, உலக ஒருமைப்பாடு ஆகியவற்றையும்

தமிழ்ப் பண்பாட்டின் கூறுகளாகக் கொள்ளலாம்.

'உப்பிட்டவரை உள்ளவும் நினை' என்பதும் தமிழ்ப் பண்பாடே. :angel:

In fact brahmin parents threaten their kids -study well or else you will be rearing cattle .No brahmin will ever want his kid to become a farmer or keep bulls or cows.

Brahmins have nothing to do with bulls or cows at the grass root level They may not aspire to be farmers but they are experts at the helm of agriculture issues & rural economy like MS Swsminathan - you need to be well educated to.reach such heights - Supporting Jallikattu takes you nowhere! We would rather be agriculture scientist than an agriculturist!

Brahmins have nothing to do with bulls or cows at the grass root level They may not aspire to be farmers but they are experts at the helm of agriculture issues & rural economy like MS Swsminathan - you need to be well educated to.reach such heights - Supporting Jallikattu takes you nowhere! We would rather be agriculture scientist than an agriculturist!

One of my known friends from IIT is now doing organic farming...Bright minds can work anywhere!!

Not only Tamil kalacharam.

Even in hindi films servants say we have consumed my masters salt and I will be true to him.

உள்ளவும் என்பதை உப்பு உள்ளவும் என விளக்கப்பட்டது ஒரு பட்டி மன்றத்தில் recently!

உள்ளவும் என்பதை உப்பு உள்ளவும் என விளக்கப்பட்டது ஒரு பட்டி மன்றத்தில் recently!
'உப்பு உள்ளவும்' என்பது 'உப்பு உலகில் உள்ளவும்' என்பதா, இல்லை 'உப்பு வயிற்றுக்குள் உள்ளவும்' என்பதா? :confused:

ந்தேகம் ஏனெனில், சிலர் உப்பு இட்டவரை மதியாது நடப்பதால்! :(

'உப்பு உள்ளவும்' என்பது 'உப்பு உலகில் உள்ளவும்' என்பதா, இல்லை 'உப்பு வயிற்றுக்குள் உள்ளவும்' என்பதா? :confused:

ந்தேகம் ஏனெனில், சிலர் உப்பு இட்டவரை மதியாது நடப்பதால்! :(

There was no ruling by நடுவர் as this doubt was not raised in the பட்டி மன்றம் - This my take உப்பு உறவு சப்பென்று ஆகாதவரை என காெள்ளலாம்

Someone shrewd has passed off jallikattu as tamil culture and a violent sport played by the non brahmin uneducated class has been glorified in social media.

Brahmins have always been guardians of culture whether music , dance ,drama , earlier days cinema. Brahmins as a community have closely guarded their domain . In

music,it is the Music Academy of elites , sabhas dominated by brahmin administraters .No attempt has ever been made to take music to other platforms or locations

and make it more inclusive involving other castes. We have now a T M Krishna who thinks of performing in chennai kuppams in preference to Music Academy.

Rukmini arundale converted a dance form Sadir practised by devadasis in temples and converted it to bharat natyam and brought in the higher caste to perform the

dance.There is appears to be no particular reason why other castes cannot take to it.Even cinema of old had classical carnatic music songs and many brahmin

musicians starred in them.

Youth however have been brain washed on social media that jallikattu is culture.Most in other parts of the country might conclude that tamils have nothing beautiful

and worth cherishing as culture that needs to be preserved and fought over by taking to the streets.Lol

In protest organised by delhi tamil sangam ,seen on TV ,mostly NBs shouted the loudest.One presumably brahmin iyer only said we worship nandi in temples.lol

Brahmins would only grudgingly accept that jallikattu constitutes tamil culture

I was discussing with a youngster about those thronging the marina beach.

His view is going to marina beach for any cause /reason is better than attending classes in anna univ or working in IT job . It is a paid holiday.[IT fellows I hope do not

have to compensate later. These IT companies are mean. They are not known for their generosity.}

Youngsters have to look periodically for other causes to take to the streets .

Jallikattu story will be over in next few days.Not much juice left for exploitation.

Tamils are the only people who have a broad mind to accept a Malayali born and brought up in Srilanka as their Chief Minister and a Hero. This can not happen in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka or Kerala which are also so called "dravidian" states.

Tamilnadu is the only state where most of the prominent politicians are all immigrants from other states. Take any party in Tamilnadu and you will find it has a large sprinkling of Telugu speaking or Kannada speaking leaders at the primary as well as secondary levels besides apex level. Seeing this, you may even conclude that Tamils lack leadership material and so are unable to throw up natural leaders. Examples are many. All leaders speak a different language at home-may be Telugu or Kannada or Urdu.

It is these immigrant community that formed the original Justice Party and hoodwinked Tamils into believing that they were being ruled by brahmins. Thus surreptitiously they nurtured a hatred politics in Tamilnadu and spoke about an Utopian Dravida Nadu because Tamilnadu has to be called a dravidanadu if they have to stake a claim to the Gaddi here as they were simply not Tamils.

In this scenario, what stands out is that Tamilbrahmins do not know any language other than Tamil and they speak and transact only in Tamil at home. For all the Tamil brahmins the given fact is that the mother tongue is truly Tamil. Their mastery of the language and their contribution to the language since time immemorial are there for every one to see. And yet the question "are TBs really Tamils?" is frequently raised. May be by these Vandheris(immigrant) population here-please note this is not a term coined by me. It is very much a term coined by these vandheris themselves to denote brahmins. This and Aryans are the two terms they coined to nurture hatred in the minds of gullible Tamil public.

Tamils, it appears, are becoming the best ilichchavaayans in the whole world. LOL.

It is good to know such contrarian articles as given below are getting published. The conflict between Vadugars (Telugus/Kannadigas) and Tamils is being camouflaged by Dravida Vs Brahmin discord...The trick enacted by the vanderis to ensnare the Tamils into submission...You cannot fool the people for close to one century

http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tami...te-differences-217554.html?utm_source=article

It is good to know such contrarian articles as given below are getting published. The conflict between Vadugars (Telugus/Kannadigas) and Tamils is being camouflaged by Dravida Vs Brahmin discord...The trick enacted by the vanderis to ensnare the Tamils into submission...You cannot fool the people for close to one century

http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tami...te-differences-217554.html?utm_source=article

Thanks for providing the link here.

I thought I was shouting in the wilderness. Happy to know there are other souls too who think the same way. Thanks.

அது உப்பு உள்ளளவும் நினை. அதாவது கடல் நீர் இருக்கும்வரை.

அது உப்பு உள்ளளவும் நினை. அதாவது கடல் நீர் இருக்கும்வரை.

hi

i will tell abt SALT STORY....in the indian army....after completing training...its called INVESTITURE CEREMONY.....in that ceremmony..

salt wll e given to all soldiers.....then holy book promises too...the meaning of the salt is......அது உப்பு உள்ளளவும் நினை....

உப்பு சாப்பிட்ட நாட்டுக்கு துரோகம் பண்ணாதே ....

hi

i will tell abt SALT STORY....in the indian army....after completing training...its called INVESTITURE CEREMONY.....in that ceremmony..

salt wll e given to all soldiers.....then holy book promises too...the meaning of the salt is......அது உப்பு உள்ளளவும் நினை....

உப்பு சாப்பிட்ட நாட்டுக்கு துரோகம் பண்ணாதே ....

Cadets doing push ups after the oath taking for being commissioned in the Indian Army..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCrPv1Vl3k

In protest organised by delhi tamil sangam ,seen on TV ,mostly NBs shouted the loudest.One presumably brahmin iyer only said we worship nandi in temples.lol

Brahmins would only grudgingly accept that jallikattu constitutes tamil culture

This is typical உப்புக்கு சப்பாணி participation by brahmin boy! ஊருக்கு மாங்காெட்ட!

This jallikkattu is not a sport common to all Tamils as is made out by interested politicians. It is restricted geographically to Madurai and Ramnad districts and the new Sivaganga District . I hail from Tirunelveli District and in my district there was no jallikattu ever celebrated by people as a cultural sport. Manju virattu or jallikattu was only heard about. My village has a majority population of Thevars and Konars and jallikkattu was unheard of. Maattu Pongal was celebrated by giving a good bath to the cattle and declaring a holiday for them from their daily work. The cattle were decorated with all sorts of colorful painted symbols and were fed sumptuously on that day and let out to roam freely for that day.

For us manju virattu and Eru thazhuvuthal were sports in the literature only.

Even in Madurai and Ramnad, Sivaganga districts the jallikattu has been associated for long with a particular community. Some of our dalit leaders have already publicly said that there is heavy caste undertones to this sport in rural Tamilnadu.

There was no need in the first place to ban this sport. The ban was an ill advised decision. That gave a group the justification for their existence. The rest is history.

I am happy that the protests happened.

Youth now realise that they can organise and raise their voices to be heard.

I hope that they will again protest whenever they feel slighted and bring about changes that tamilnadu badly requires.

At the centre, TN MPs were making laughing stock of themselves singing praises of one lady and prostrating before portraits of leaders.

They have not been articulating or lobbying for their state.

They can learn from AP.

In Naidu they have an excellent leader .He takes care of truncated AP very well.

Better sense prevailed among the rulers!

Jallikattu bill receives Prez nod; TN CM thanks PM for support

January 31, 2017 23:41

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam today said the Bill to replace an ordinance for the conduct of Jallikattu has received President Pranab Mukherjees assent and thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his support in enabling the bull taming sport to be held in the state.

In a letter to Modi, Panneerselvam recalled his government had initially promulgated an ordinance and later replaced it with a bill passed unanimously by the state assembly.

The Bill was 'reserved' for the President's assent by Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao and it has received the Hon'ble President's assent on 31.1.2017', Panneerselvam said.

'On behalf of the government and people of Tamil Nadu, I thank you for all your support and assistance in enabling Jallikattu to be held in Tamil Nadu once again, upholding the culture and tradition of the people of Tamil Nadu,' he said in the letter. -- PTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back