• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thamizhar panpaadu / thamizhar kalaachaaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamils are under stress as they believe in rule of law.

Now this jallikattu issue.

So bottled up grievances all have burst into a movement.

Andhra handled similar issue of jallikattu,cockfight etc by ignoring supreme court and keeping police away

Since TN govt got over active with police force, this outburst took place.

I wonder if Jallikattu is exclusive panpadu on TN!

It is talked about in sangam literature True It is not only மதுரை விருமாண்டி - மதுரா வெண்ணை திருடி also did tame bulls - 7 bulls - to marry Statya . as per Purana's!

Majority in tamilnadu feel that brahmins do not respect tamil culture.Sansksrit is their language.

Why do you drag Brahmins here unnecessarily.

I think you are of late becoming a .............. by unnecessarily dragging brahmins about whom you don't know anything.

e.

They may promote their version of brahmin tamil which they make fun of.

IT IS ONLY IN THIS FORUM YOU CAN PASS SUCH COMMENTS ON BRAHMINS AND THEIR TAMIL.

Your suggestion in unsolicited.

While the topic is on Tamil culture and tamil Panpaadu, you have unnecessarily dragged Brahmins and their Tamil which shows your perverted mind and bias against South Indian Brahmins.

There are SORE THUMBS. :)

I wonder if Jallikattu is exclusive panpadu on TN!

It is talked about in sangam literature True It is not only மதுரை விருமாண்டி - மதுரா வெண்ணை திருடி also did tame bulls - 7 bulls - to marry Statya . as per Purana's![/QUOTEj
Jallikattu IMHO is only panpadu relatingt to farming class of which brahmins do not form a part.

IT IS ONLY IN THIS FORUM YOU CAN PASS SUCH COMMENTS ON BRAHMINS AND THEIR TAMIL.

Your suggestion in unsolicited.

While the topic is on Tamil culture and tamil Panpaadu, you have unnecessarily dragged Brahmins and their Tamil which shows your perverted mind and bias against South Indian Brahmins.

There are SORE THUMBS. :)
I am a Tamil brahmin of south indian origin.

I own property in chennai and other parts of tamilnadu.

That makes me more south indian than your honorable self

Good to note Krish Ji and VB sir have started their fights..a good fighting spirit is part of Tamil culture.

Keep it up boyz!LOL

Jallikattu fever is the result of corporate lobby Agitator say so! If Jallikattu ban Is lifted corporate interes can't be ruled out either It may become big business!

. You will have IPL for Jallikattu - where is the Tamil Panpadu in this sport?

Dear Balasubramani Sir,

Thanks for your response.

I wish I could post in Tamil script but I don't have access to those fonts. When I could I certainly would.

Nevertheless I admire your post.

I agree with you language is for communication and for expression of thoughts and vastness of literature need not be confused with 'panpaadu'.

In my opinion 'thamizhar panpaadu' refers to practices and customs specific and unique to people groups living within geographical boundary named 'tamil naadu'.

Although my mother tongue is not tamil, I am 'Thamizhan' by virtue of the fact that my ancestors were living since time immemorial in lands which are now part of tamil nadu. I was born and raised in tamil nadu although I live in a neighbouring state. We practice and observe tamil nadu customs, traditions, festivals viz tamil new year, pongal, etc.

My query is:

1. Have 'thamizhargal' given up on any of their good signature practices which distinctly and uniquely identified them as 'thamizhargal'? If yes, please specify what they are?

2. Have 'thamizhargal' added/embraced/adopted any practice which is either borrowed, or alien, or foreign which is detrimental, which
projects them as a degenerate group? If yes, please specify what those practices are.

One off-tangent query. Are 'Tamil Brahmins' considered as and treated on par with 'thamizhargal' or not?

Last edited:
I am a Tamil brahmin of south indian origin.

I own property in chennai and other parts of tamilnadu.

That makes me more south indian than your honorable self

Who is bothered about your ancestry, etc etc

One can be a North Indian or an NRI or a member of any Organisation.

Every member can participate in any thread... and so you are free to do that.

All this about panpadu is all gas.

Now what do you mean by this.... please be more elaborate....??

Last edited by a moderator:
Although my mother tongue is not tamil, I am 'Thamizhan' by virtue of the fact that my ancestors were living since time immemorial in lands which are now part of tamil nadu. I was born and raised in tamil nadu although I live in a neighbouring state. We practice and observe tamil nadu customs, traditions, festivals viz tamil new year, pongal, etc.

You said you are a non Tamil...Are you a Brahmin? I would like to understand your perspective when you asked the question whether Tambra's are treated on part with thamizhargal!

In my opinion 'thamizhar panpaadu' refers to practices and customs specific and unique to people groups living within geographical boundary named 'tamil naadu'.

My query is:

1. Have 'thamizhargal' given up on any of their good signature practices which distinctly and uniquely identified them as 'thamizhargal'? If yes, please specify what they are?

2. Have 'thamizhargal' added/embraced/adopted any practice which is either borrowed, or alien, or foreign which is detrimental, which
projects them as a degenerate group? If yes, please specify what those practices are.

One off-tangent query. Are 'Tamil Brahmins' considered as and treated on par with 'thamizhargal' or not?

Culture is subjective with respect to time, and the varying environment. Imo, the formative reason for culture are the ideals that a group or society wishes to uphold at any point in time. Ideals that were the foundation blocks of society were celebrated as festivals. So we have pongal et al. Manliness was a celebrated ideal - hence jallikattu.

Cultures all around the world have been changing with time. I do not think that we would find any knights templars or Hospitallers roaming around in tall horses now and neither does their absence mean that christianity has been wiped out.

Culture is only a symbol of the ideal. It is but the crust. As long as the core is intact, the type of crust does not matter.

You said you are a non Tamil...Are you a Brahmin? I would like to understand your perspective when you asked the question whether Tambra's are treated on part with thamizhargal!

mr vgane,

I hold you in good esteem. But your question 'are you a Brahmin?' is uncivilized, uncultured, uncouth. Frankly it is none of your business. Furthermore it is not 'thamizhar panpaadu' to probe into other's caste. I never ask anyone what his/her religion, caste etc is.

I don't need to have any perspective to ask this question. Even if I had had any, you need not understand my perspective to answer my question. It is none of your concern. Either answer Yes/No or ignore.

If you are a 'thamizhan' please follow this panpaadu. If you are not a 'thamizhan', please embrace/adopt/practice this panpaadu and impart this 'panpaadu' to whichever group you belong.

Last edited:
mr vgane,

I hold you in good esteem. But your question 'are you a Brahmin?' is uncivilized, uncultured, uncouth. Frankly it is none of your business. Furthermore it is not 'thamizhar panpaadu' to probe into other's caste. I never ask anyone what his/her religion, caste etc is.

I don't need to have any perspective to ask this question. Even if I had had any, you need not understand my perspective to answer my question. It is none of your concern.

I am a 'Thamizhan' practically and that is all that should matter.

If you are a 'thamizhan' please follow this panpaadu. If you are not a 'thamizhan', please embrace/adopt/practice this panpaadu and impart this 'panpaadu' to whichever group you belong.

If one applies the same logic, your question whether tamil brahmins are tamils is also equally uncouth, uncivilized and uncultured. May be because you claim you are a tamilian - You should answer your own question. Do you consider tamil brahmins as tamils? If yes, why? If not why?

Sample 'thamizh panpaadu':

thamizhargal wash their hands prior to eating, even if it be with a spoon. thamizhargal wash their legs also after they finish eating.

When in a group meal, they wait till the last person is served and then begin eating.

Once food is served on the plate, they don't touch it with their left hand. This is not so with many other people groups. They tear chapathis and break appalams with both hands.

கால பைரவன்;372711 said:
If one applies the same logic, your question whether tamil brahmins are tamils is also equally uncouth, uncivilized and uncultured. May be because you claim you are a tamilian - You should answer your own question. Do you consider tamil brahmins as tamils? If yes, why? If not why?

thank you sir. I got the answer.

sorry if you felt offended although it was not my intention.

Now let us proceed. Please provide samples of 'thamizh panpaadu'.

mr vgane,

I don't need to have any perspective to ask this question. Even if I had had any, you need not understand my perspective to answer my question. It is none of your concern. Either answer Yes/No or ignore.

If you are not willing to share your identity but saying vague things about what others feel about Brahmins in a Brahmins forum is more uncivilized, uncultured and uncouth..We have seen many such people like you who masquerade as well wishers and spill venom..Good bye!!

mr vgane,

hi

according to this judgement.....i think...brahmins are not tamils.....becoz brahmins never do JALLI KATTU according to

tamil kalacharam/panpadu....so jalli kattu is ONLY FOR TAMILAN....NOT FOR BRAHMINS....

. according to this judgement.....i think...brahmins are not tamils.....becoz brahmins never do JALLI KATTU according to

tamil kalacharam/panpadu....so jalli kattu is ONLY FOR TAMILAN....NOT FOR BRAHMINS....
Good point, TBS Sir! :)

Right from the dialect, a brahmin differs a lot from a 'maRath thamizhan'!! :lol:

Those who participate in jallik kattu are the TRUE thamizhans, who preserve the kalAchchAram!

So, tambrahm mAmAs should be ready to face the fierce bulls, if they want to become thamizhans! ;)

Those who participate in jallik kattu are the TRUE thamizhans, who preserve the kalAchchAram!

So, tambrahm mAmAs should be ready to face the fierce bulls, if they want to become thamizhans! ;)

TB mamas are scared of facing even their own wives.

It is too much to expect them to go near bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back