• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thamizhar panpaadu / thamizhar kalaachaaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who participate in jallik kattu are the TRUE thamizhans, who preserve the kalAchchAram!

So, tambrahm mAmAs should be ready to face the fierce bulls, if they want to become thamizhans! ;)

LOL!

True RR ji,

It would be nice to have a Matador Mama!LOL

1414023509077_wps_20_ca_September_1987_Albufei.jpg

What makes one member here tamizhan if not south indian is living on banks of river coovum .lol

Comes out from the member who lives on the banks of YAMUNA. lol

Kettle calling the pot black....lol

images

Source:Google images

Last edited by a moderator:
TB mamas are scared of facing even their own wives.

It is too much to expect them to go near bulls

More members can now understand that some come here more often to write their own 'auto-biography' but in piece-meal. lol

Those who participate in jallik kattu are the TRUE thamizhans, who preserve the kalAchchAram!

So, tambrahm mAmAs should be ready to face the fierce bulls, if they want to become thamizhans! ;)

Who declared TBs are not 'thamizhans' ??

For the eyes of those who suffer with selective amnesia:

Vanchinathan was born in 1886 in Shenkottai to Raghupathy Iyer and Rukmani Ammal.

வாஞ்சிநாதன் நூற்றாண்டு நினைவு தினம்-செங்கோட்டையில் அனுஷ்டிக்கப்படுகிறது

செங்கோட்டை: சுதந்திர போராட்ட தியாகி வீரர் வாஞ்சிநாதன் நூற்றாண்டு நினைவு தினம் வரும் ஜூன் 17-ம் தேதி வெள்ளிக்கிழமை செங்கோட்டையில் கடைபிடிக்கப்படுகிறது.

இந்திய விடுதலை போரில் ஆங்கிலேய அரசுக்கு எதிராக தமிழகத்தில் முதன் முதலாக ஆயுதம் ஏந்திய மாவீரன் வாஞ்சிநாதன் செங்கோட்டையை சேர்ந்தவர். சுதந்திர போராட்டம் தீவிரமாக இருந்த காலத்தில் 1911ம் ஆண்டு ஜூன் மாதம் 17 – ம் நாள் அப்போதைய திருநெல்வேலி மாவட்ட ஆட்சியர் ஆஷ் துரையை மணியாச்சி ரயில் நிலையத்தில் சுட்டு கொன்று விட்டு தானும் அதே துப்பாக்கியால் சுட்டு கொண்டு வீரமரணம் அடைந்தார் வாஞ்சிநாதன்.

இதனையடுத்து ஆண்டுதோறும் ஜூன் 17ம் தேதி செங்கோட்டையில் வாஞ்சிநாதன் நினைவுதினம் அனுஷ்டிக்கப்படுகிறது. வாஞ்சிநாதன் தனது இன்னுயிரை தியாகம் செய்து இந்தாண்டுடன் 100 ஆண்டுகள் நிறைவடைகிறது.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.com/art-culture/essays/2011/freedom-fighter-vanchinathan-aid0091.html

P.S: For few IGNORANCE IS BLISS. Enjoy and exhibit all your ignorance here so that members may know your real stuff. ;););)

ஒரு பானை சோற்றுக்கு ஒரு சோறு பதம்

Salute Vanchinathan, the ferocious Tamil Brahmin nationalist-A lion among the wolves(British)

Sir,

I really appreciate your gesture.

I think we need to remind such acts of valour to few.... may be,
mean minded dubious TBs in this FORUM who conviently forget the history. lol

TBs cannot be living on past glories alone.

TBs are marginalised in tamilnadu politics.

They are not included as part of any discourse relating to tamil community.

So they can continue to live in some dream land of their own like last mughal emperor -Bahadur shah zafar.

Good point, TBS Sir! :)

Right from the dialect, a brahmin differs a lot from a 'maRath thamizhan'!! :lol:
hi

thanks....TAMBRAHMS ARE UNFIT TO BECOME TAMILAN.....NO TAMIZH KALACHARAM/PANPADU FOR TAMIL BRAHMINS...

they never celebrated THAI PONGAL as their tamil new year....NEVER GO TO PADDY FIELDS FOR LIKE UZHAVAR....

WE ARE NOT UZHAVAR....SO WE ARE NOT DOING SEVAL SANDAI/JALLI KATTU....

The reality TBs ( of Madurai ) never involved in Jallikattu - they don't go to அலங்காநல்லர் even to witness this event I have not seen this event live! But those living elsewhere will be in Madurai to witness Meenakshi Kalyanam and Alagar entering Vaigai during Chithirai Festival We will switch on Jay TV religiously and enjoy the உபன்யாசம் by அரவிந்தலாேசன சவாமிகள் glorifying Krishna taming seven bulls to marry Sathya!

hi

thanks....TAMBRAHMS ARE UNFIT TO BECOME TAMILAN.....NO TAMIZH KALACHARAM/PANPADU FOR TAMIL BRAHMINS...

they never celebrated THAI PONGAL as their tamil new year....NEVER GO TO PADDY FIELDS FOR LIKE UZHAVAR....

WE ARE NOT UZHAVAR....SO WE ARE NOT DOING SEVAL SANDAI/JALLI KATTU....

From Jallai Kattu... the thread is now further derailed to Pongal... who knows even further dragged to Vasath Panchami... Maha Sivarathri.... Savithri Nonbu...Kaaradaian Nonbu... Sri Rama Navami..... Sri Sankara Jayanthi.... Vaikasi Visakam.....etc etc.,

TBS Sir,

Could you kindly elaborate as why TBs celebrate Magara Sankaranthi...?

What is its importance...... any idea about Uttharayanan....??

I humbly request forum members to confine discussion to 'thamizh panpaadu' and 'thamizh kalaachaaram' and not to digress to Aryan/dravida divide or greatness of tamil language literature. thanks in advance.

Sorry Mr. Gnana Sunyam......

This Group appears to be in full Form..... Hope they will certainly come to a conclusion as to who is Thamizhan.... Mara Thamizhan....TB..... South Indian TB.....etc..etc lol

I wish them all the best.

Sorry again. :)

TBS Sir,

Could you kindly elaborate as why TBs celebrate Magara Sankaranthi...?

What is its importance...... any idea about Uttharayanan....??

hi sir

sankranthi is just sankramanam....just sun enters into makara raasi....sun moves to northern hemisphere.....NOTHING TO DO

WITH PONGAL FESTIVAL....PONGAL IS HARVEST FESTIVAL FOR TAMILAN KALACHARAM/PANPADU...

TBs cannot be living on past glories alone.

If you are interested to learn about present glory....

Go to google... search for TBs who have been awarded for GALLANTRY

And if you have no idea or knowledge about Gallantry Award decorated to Officers of Defence, Police, Fire Service, etc ask our TBS sir. He will explain you in detail and thus try to get updated please.

If you are interested to learn about present glory....

Go to google... search for TBs who have been awarded for GALLANTRY

And if you have no idea or knowledge about Gallantry Award decorated to Officers of Defence, Police, Fire Service, etc ask our TBS sir. He will explain you in detail and thus try to get updated please.
hi

i agreed in gallantry military awards.....as an individual....WE ARE THE BEST.....BUT AS COMMUNITY......WE ARE THE WORST....

THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION...

hi sir

sankranthi is just sankramanam....just sun enters into makara raasi....sun moves to northern hemisphere.....NOTHING TO DO

WITH PONGAL FESTIVAL....PONGAL IS HARVEST FESTIVAL FOR TAMILAN KALACHARAM/PANPADU...

Hi Sir,

I am just reproducing an article appeared in the FIRST POST which is self-explanatory... :)

Makar Sankranti and Thai Pongal: Indian harvest festivals are time to celebrate nature, introspect

[FONT=&quot]In Assam, this is the time for Magha Bihu — celebrating the harvest. In most parts of the country, [/FONT]sankranti[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]sankrat[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]khichadi[FONT=&quot] is characterised (with regional variations) by ritual bathing, flying kites (particularly in Gujarat and Maharashtra), [/FONT]til[FONT=&quot] (sesame) [/FONT]ladoo[FONT=&quot]s or other delicacies made of [/FONT]til[FONT=&quot] (sesame keeps the body warm), [/FONT]khichadi[FONT=&quot] (primarily in UP and Bihar, [/FONT]khichadi[FONT=&quot] is made of rice and lentils), [/FONT]daana[FONT=&quot] (giving) and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]offering of food prepared lovingly from the new crop to the gods who nurtured it all along.[/FONT]

The harvest is a gift of nature. The rituals of Sankranti exhort us to thank those elements that are external to human beings and are yet sine qua non for our lives and livelihoods. The Surya (sun), the agni (fire) and the cattle are worshipped because they are representatives of our environment, of vasudha (earth) and are essential to our being. Sankranti is a time to celebrate but it is also a time to introspect

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/maka...e-to-celebrate-nature-introspect-3203474.html

hi

i agreed in gallantry military awards.....as an individual....WE ARE THE BEST.....BUT AS COMMUNITY......WE ARE THE WORST....

THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION...

Sir,

You are very senior to me. The thread is about Thamizhar Panpaadu and Thamizhar Kalacharam....

Do we need to discuss about our TB Community in detail here Sir? Is it fair..?

I think this subject (TB community .. worst, etc as per your opinion) was already discussed quite often under various captions..

No one can pass judgement on this IMHO.

You will agree that this is nothing but an 'அரைச்சி அரைச்சி புளித்த மாவு'.

Thanks.

Cheers.

அரைச்சி அரைச்சி புளித்த மாவு

Sir,

You are very senior to me. The thread is about Thamizhar Panpaadu and Thamizhar Kalacharam....

Do we need to discuss about our TB Community in detail here Sir? Is it fair..?

I think this subject (TB community .. worst, etc as per your opinion) was already discussed quite often under various captions..

No one can pass judgement on this IMHO.

You will agree that this is nothing but an 'அரைச்சி அரைச்சி புளித்த மாவு'.

Thanks.

Cheers.

அரைச்சி அரைச்சி புளித்த மாவு
hi sir,

thanks...but are we really tamilan?,,,,,are ready to move with JALLIKATTU?.....NEVER AND EVER.....WE JUST ADOPTED TAMIL

AS OUR LANGUAGE......JUST OUTER.....in reality...many are tamil haters...

TBs are marginalised in tamilnadu politics.

Shall we discuss about why TBs are politically excluded and socially reviled.....??

I think nothing prevents you to open a dedicated thread for that...if you are really interested.

Will you do that.?

Asking someone whether he/she is a tamil brahmin is uncouth, uncivilized etc., etc.,

In a roundabout, beating around the bush, way you can ask "are 'Tamil Brahmins' considered as and treated on par with 'thamizhargal' or not?" and that will not be uncouth or uncivilized. LOL.

Tamils are the only people who have a broad mind to accept a Malayali born and brought up in Srilanka as their Chief Minister and a Hero. This can not happen in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka or Kerala which are also so called "dravidian" states.

Tamilnadu is the only state where most of the prominent politicians are all immigrants from other states. Take any party in Tamilnadu and you will find it has a large sprinkling of Telugu speaking or Kannada speaking leaders at the primary as well as secondary levels besides apex level. Seeing this, you may even conclude that Tamils lack leadership material and so are unable to throw up natural leaders. Examples are many. All leaders speak a different language at home-may be Telugu or Kannada or Urdu.

It is these immigrant community that formed the original Justice Party and hoodwinked Tamils into believing that they were being ruled by brahmins. Thus surreptitiously they nurtured a hatred politics in Tamilnadu and spoke about an Utopian Dravida Nadu because Tamilnadu has to be called a dravidanadu if they have to stake a claim to the Gaddi here as they were simply not Tamils.

In this scenario, what stands out is that Tamilbrahmins do not know any language other than Tamil and they speak and transact only in Tamil at home. For all the Tamil brahmins the given fact is that the mother tongue is truly Tamil. Their mastery of the language and their contribution to the language since time immemorial are there for every one to see. And yet the question "are TBs really Tamils?" is frequently raised. May be by these Vandheris(immigrant) population here-please note this is not a term coined by me. It is very much a term coined by these vandheris themselves to denote brahmins. This and Aryans are the two terms they coined to nurture hatred in the minds of gullible Tamil public.

Tamils, it appears, are becoming the best ilichchavaayans in the whole world. LOL.

Coming to Jallikkattu, it was indeed a rural sport as evidenced by ancient Tamil literature. And it is not a cruel sport like the bull fighting by matadors in Spain. The case when it was in the courts was mishandled by the Tamilnadu Governments and was not properly argued and hence it was banned in course of time. Jallikkattu is certainly an aspect of Tamil Culture and there is no justification to ban it. We can not even imagine banning Ganesh Chaturthi festivals in Mumbai or Maharashtra even though organized celebration of this event has its recent origin from Tilak's time. Tilak used these festivals for organizing people against the foreign yolk. So the ban of jallikattu is a miscarriage of justice and it needs a revision. Steps are perhaps being taken to do that. Meanwhile it has become a rallying point for Tamil Chauvinism unfortunately. And that is the sore point in the whole narrative. But politicians look for an idea that can capture the imagination of people in general so that they can organize people politically under a banner. Hitler did that, Mussolini did that, annadurai did that and many others did that. Let us wait and see which political party is going to take advantage.

Last edited:
hi

the whole tamil nadu....youngesters are in the streets for JALLIKKATTU....I DONT THINK SO....NOT A SINGLE AMMANJI THERE

IN THE AGITATION FOR JALLIKKATTU...we are best for....வாயாலே வடை சுடறது......LOL

Last edited:

Tamils, it appears, are becoming the best ilichchavaayans in the whole world. LOL.

LOL!

I was just going to type this word ilichchavaayans and say that Tamils are the best ilichchavaayans becos they go crazy for people from other states and let them rule them and also go crazy for super stars that are not even Tamilian!LOL

But you beat me to it! ha ha ha

Hitler did that, Mussolini did that, annadurai did that and many others did that. Let us wait and see which political party is going to take advantage.

HI

why can't tamil brahmins take advantage of it....it never happens...

hi

the whole tamil nadu....youngesters are in the streets for JALLIKKATTU....I DONT THINK SO....NOT A SINGLE AMMANJI THERE

IN THE AGITATION FOR JALLIKKATTU...we are best for....வாயாலே வடை சுடறது......LOL

Tbs ji,

I am very much an ammanji. And you have read my views in the post above. There are many such ammanjis and their children do participate in the vigil at marina. LOL.

hi

IN THE AGITATION FOR JALLIKKATTU....LOL

This Jallikattu...I really feel its not a good for the bull.

Men are idiots..they dont mind risking themselves to show that that their endocrine system still pumps testosterone and thinking that a female will find them brave!LOL

Its not fair for the Bull here...no one got the consent of a bull before a Jallikattu.

All I can say it should be a lot of stress for the bull..for a civilized society we need to consider effects of stress on animals.

BTW if the Go Mata is treated with so much respect..why can't the Bull be shown some respect?

Animals do not have psychiatrists or psychologists to turn to when they face stress.

Who knows what stress and an over dose of adrenaline does to the bulls system...doesn't anyone feel for the bull?

If men want to show they are brave..there are many ways to show this.

1)Join the army/navy/air force

2)Join the police force

3)Form neighborhood auxiliary forces to prevent crime

I am sure females prefer men who make a change by being brave and not fighting a bull and may be landing up in the Emergency Room!

Last edited:

Right from the dialect, a brahmin differs a lot from a 'maRath thamizhan'!! :lol:

:)Only a veteran in the respective field or a more academically qualified Cultural Anthropologist can endorse such opinion. :lol:

Now can you be more specific as to who is maRath thamizhan and how does he differ from a brahmin..?

Please enlighten me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back