• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Taking care of Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be the next biggest are their children (biggest in my case)?

Bah! The biggest source of friction between spouses is always what channel to watch on tv (when the children and parents are not watching of course). :bump2:

Let's approach this problem practically.

You came to US for betterment. Once you get citizen of USA, you can sponsor Green card for your parents so that they can also come to USA and you can live together.

Once you get citizen of USA, you can sponsor Green card for your parents so that they can also come to USA and you can live together.

Yes. That is the ideal scenario.
In some cases, challenges crop up in that the parents may not want to uproot themselevs and move to a place, where they may not have the same social circle (friends/relatives).
We will have to accept that everyone has to live their own lives and if we are lucky enough, it could be with one's parents (past generation) and children (future generation).
Cheers

i know of a few cases, where green card parents go on to get citizenship, too (anyway, these days they have to, after a few years of green card): they have the freedom to spend time in homeland, India, and be in USA with the rest of the family, too (some minimum financial strength and health, a requisite) - dual citizenship would help a good deal. that's what i would call 'best of both the worlds'. Cheers, 'Lokah Samasthah Sukhino Bhavanthu'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back