• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Woman Who Quit Her European Job For Taking Care Of Slum Children In India

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

The Woman Who Quit Her European Job For Taking Care Of Slum Children In India

Shaila Brijnath, the woman, who after spending 40 years in the UK returned to India to change the life of street children. She founded an NGO Aasraa trust in Dehradun, to transform the lives of the unprivileged. Starting with 35 children, the number has now grown to 1,100 children in 11 centres of Dehradun, Shaila is committed to empowering street and slum children with education. She discussed her successful journey with The logical Indian in an exclusive interview

How do you frame your journey of 40 years of life in abroad, and now Aasraa in Dehradun?

I have worked as an European Equity Trader in London, Paris and New York and also was a member of the New York and London Stock Exchanges. I left Investment Banking to follow my dream of returning to India and work with underprivileged children. Subsequently, Aasraa Trust was established in 2009 to empower and nurture slum and street children of Dehradun. Today, we work with more than a 1,000 street and slum children everyday across 11 centres in Dehradun.
Read more at : http://thelogicalindian.com/story-f...ob-for-taking-care-of-slum-children-in-india/

Whatever may be the motive or motivation behind, the act of Shaila Brijnath, in taking the assignment of social service is to be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back