• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sad Plight of a Brahmin Divorced Woman

Though there may be others who are "strong" types of women who can handle adversities by themselves, let try to understand not everyone is the same.
Someone who is feeling helpless could be having depression too..some are a bit more inclined to depression than others which could have both a genetic predisposition or environmental factors.

Sometimes another person's problem might seem trivial to us and we sort of tend to underplay the severity of their condition by comparing them to others who are able to cope better...honestly its not really fair a comparison.

I have seen Christian organizations never ever underplay the severity of someone else state of mind and address the issue by group support and prayers.
Though they intend to convert the person but their sucess rate of recovery is high because of high degree of group support.

Most of us Hindus do not intend to convert anyone as its not the modus operandi of Hinduism but at the same time there is seldom group support and a persons symptoms are underplayed by comparison to others who are supposedly worse off.

There are things we all havent learnt yet as to have group support and communal prayer sessions to help heal the mind of others.

Most the christian priests and pastors out here have a degree in psychology and are able to help out.

May be Hindus should considered having an Acharya trained both in Yoga philosophy and psychology and start having a confession booth sessions at temples to hear out problems..I do understand its not about saying " your sins are forgiven" but its about allowing those with problems to unload and get advice...it helps in the long run.

Though there may be others who are "strong" types of women who can handle adversities by themselves, let try to understand not everyone is the same.
Someone who is feeling helpless could be having depression too..some are a bit more inclined to depression than others which could have both a genetic predisposition or environmental factors.

Sometimes another person's problem might seem trivial to us and we sort of tend to underplay the severity of their condition by comparing them to others who are able to cope better...honestly its not really fair a comparison.

I have seen Christian organizations never ever underplay the severity of someone else state of mind and address the issue by group support and prayers.
Though they intend to convert the person but their sucess rate of recovery is high because of high degree of group support.

Most of us Hindus do not intend to convert anyone as its not the modus operandi of Hinduism but at the same time there is seldom group support and a persons symptoms are underplayed by comparison to others who are supposedly worse off.

There are things we all havent learnt yet as to have group support and communal prayer sessions to help heal the mind of others.

Most the christian priests and pastors out here have a degree in psychology and are able to help out.

May be Hindus should considered having an Acharya trained both in Yoga philosophy and psychology and start having a confession booth sessions at temples to hear out problems..I do understand its not about saying " your sins are forgiven" but its about allowing those with problems to unload and get advice...it helps in the long run.
Right now Hindu's do not care for the downtrodden. They are interested in world domination. I have post in a separate thread about that.

Right now Hindu's do not care for the downtrodden. They are interested in world domination. I have post in a separate thread about that.

I listened to both sides of the story of the recent unrest at UK.
Honestly both parties are at fault.
Not taking sides here.
And I am suprised at the law and order in UK..those who were openly making genocide you tube videos and instigating people to fight were not arrested by the police.

I am surprised UK police is so lame.
God knows why people even go to countries with such little security.

This is a reply to the original post. While all the other replies are equally heartening, perhaps it would help us to give some actionable help given of course that the lady is willing to take up some help leaving the comfort of the security home provides (irrespective of the baggage it comes with). So here are my questions and I can try to spread the word around as there are many well to do Brahmin households that are looking for in house assistants for cooking and taking care of the elderly.

1. Is she educated and if so at what level?
2. Is she looking for monetary assistance?
3. Is she in a position and go out to work and come back home?
4. Is she being mentally tortured, causing agony in her day to day life?
5. Is her current residence suitable for mobility?

If you can give specific answers to the above, some suggestions and even opportunities can be posted by members of the group.

If love and affection is the only thing that she is longing for, then her best bet is to work as a volunteer (paid or free) for any suitable NGO and may be, may be, she will get to know that her situation is not that bad after all.

regards
Goutham

Well said . She is also accepting and into her inward journey . Trusts on divine help . Jiska koi nahi ,uska khudha hai. So far she survived. Sure, she will be able to wade through . Thanks so much for your kind response.

its very unfortunate that even in these days (so called modern thinking!)we treat women like this. My guruji has taughot all his disciples to be kind and includes women who are in need (esp. widows) in perumal kaingeryam.
please pm if I can be of any help I will be more than happy to!

its very unfortunate that even in these days (so called modern thinking!)we treat women like this. My guruji has taughot all his disciples to be kind and includes women who are in need (esp. widows) in perumal kaingeryam.
please pm if I can be of any help I will be more than happy to!
Just to be clear - happy to connect with good hearted souls who can offer some solace.

As per my old memory there was a sanatorium at Sanatorium rly station east side. This is my long time memory when a lady with her child was staying who was known to my relatives uncle. My mother used to visit her once a while when a letter arrive from our relative contact. Presently I don't know it does exist. Please in Chennai could check and publish latest details on this for the benefits of the needy for their support.

There are no bounds on the cruelty thrown on some .A Brahmin woman was married off without checking the credentials of the boys family.The marriage was an eye wash to the society as the boy was in an illicit relationship. As there was no support from her parents side ,she was thrown out easily with visitation rights with her children.

Not so educated still she worked and lived till her fifties . Finally accepted at her mother's place as a refugee . But neither the siblings nor the mother wish to interact with her . A woman who is spouse -less and child -less has no place to live on this earth . Even though she lives keeping her self respect intact . Her own family does not hesitate to dis respect her .When will such a treatment end ?
If she is still in bad shape, she can contact chandigarh Tamil sangam. There are people to help and support her like family there . She can be employed in Tamil sangam or chandigarh murugan kovil and live her life with devotion and dignity there.

Latest ads

Back