• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Surrendering Indian Passport Procedures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnanthaNarayanan

Many of our members have their children settled at USA either tempeororily or permanently. For alol those who have become US Citizens or in the process of becoming citizens this mail may be of use. I have deleted the IDs etc.

This is the new rule that Indian govt is imposing and infact all the information regarding this is available in the SFO Indian consulate website:

http://www.cgisf.org/

Also I have been seeing some petitions that are being signed on regarding this opposing to the Retroactive Enforcement of New Rules for Surrender of Indian Passport. Here's the website for the same:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ip100521/petition.html
It is still little unclear to me if for those who have got their OCI and got their Indian Passports stamped as Cancelled need to pay the fine and then surrender the passport or what.. . I am also in the same boat as you. So in case you get any information please do share.

Hope you all are having a wonderful long weekend.
Warm Regards
xyz
Hi All:

Trust everyone is well at their respective ends & enjoying the long weekend..

I have been listening to this KLOK 1170 AM programs & chanced to listen into an Immigration program (&) also heard snippets of this during yesterdays Namaste America program on TV.

It appears that Indian Citizens who renounce Indian citizenship are to surrender Indian passport & get a surrender certificate... It appears when former-Indian citizens who enter India are sometimes asked to produce this Surrender Certificate...

I am a little confused as i still have my Indian passport... albeit - it is canceled now...

http://www.cgisf.org/renunciation/ricsc.html
http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indian-citizenship-renunciation-surrender-certificate/

Can you pls share some experience or shed some light on this? It appears there is a penalty.... & at the same time - some kind of a money-pincher...

If you were not aware of this - well atleast thought would share with you all..

Thanks very much
AB

courtesy
[Pattars] Fwd: Fw: Clarification - Surrendering Indian Passport Procedures...</SPAN>

</SPAN>

From a newsdigest from USBRAHMINS, I find the following:

(I am copying only in part for info.)

Date: Jun 16, 2010 12:03 AM
GOPIO NEWS SPECIAL BULLETIN

June 15, 2010

NOTE: GOPIO News is a monthly newsletter of GOPIO International, based in the USA. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter in future, please send an E-mail with subject Unsubscribe. If you feel the information contained here is useful, please forward this E-mail to your friends and relatives. One could also subscribe this newsletter FREE by visiting Global Organization of People of Indian Origin and type in the e-mail address and other details.

CONTENTS

GOVT. OF INDIA RELENTS FURTHER ON THE NEW RULES ON INDIAN PASSPORT SURRENDER AND RENUNCIATION OF INDIAN CITIZENSHIP

TRAVELLING TO INDIA AND SURRENDER CERTIFICATE

GOPIO LIFE MEMBERSHIP AND CHAPTER FORMATION

EDITORIAL BOARD

GOVT. OF INDIA RELENTS FURTHER ON THE NEW RULES ON INDIAN PASSPORT SURRENDER AND RENUNCIATION OF INDIAN CITIZENSHIP

T. OF INDIA RELENTS FURTHER ON THE NEW RULES ON PORT SURRENDER AND RENUNCIZTION OF INDIAN CITIZE

Global Organization of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) Inc.

PO Box 560117 New York, New York 11356 USA

Web: Global Organization of People of Indian Origin, E-mail: [email protected] Tel: +1-718-939-8194

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back