• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Stigma called migration

cs19844

This could be my personal view based on my stay, education, work and travel across the US at the same time understanding their culture and behavior before moving back to India for good. One important observation that I have made is that americans do have some great characteristics what indians can never even dream of. They always have an appetite for "local awesomeness". Which means their local environment to be better than other local environments. If americans were born in a place like for example tenkasi in India they will strive to establish a university (not just one but make it world-class) or a company or other establishments only to make it better than other places so that tenkasi is considered the "best place in the world". It may not be practical but they always live with such appetite (Indians never thought in those lines even for a second in their entire lifetime). You might say there are establishments all over in India and competitive among each other but none of them had the motive of "local awesomeness". Another example is say, Microsoft have come up in Redmond although starting up a company might be slightly more practical in Silicon Valley. You should understand they have put in Redmond with the sole motive of making Redmond a better place despite of the practical concerns and business motives. People will face the practical concerns in order to satisfy their inherent needs. No indians live with such appetite. Later on everyone will flock to tenkasi and tenkasi lifestyle become mainstream of the world. This is because they know better what it takes to be successful without giving up on their "local awesomeness". It doesn't come with education it is the inherent intelligence.

You should understand that, the very competitive nature, is the core reason for US to be a world leader in all aspects and continue to be the same. It is the inherent appetite of any american conservative. We cannot go and spread such awareness to everyone in India because it's a natural human trait, it's in the DNA and nothing can be achieved through campaigning. This proves to be a strong case of Indians are inferior to americans by nature. A very good example is if an american is leading a middle class life in US, give him a monthly salary of one million dollar and ask him to settle in Australia/UK forever, no single citizen, I repeat no single citizen, will go for it because of such appetite. You might say migration happen from all over the world to US but you should understand it doesnt happen from countries, especially some of the big europian countries, with such strong appetite. I really do not consider migration from other places as the people are inherently slavish.

Brahmins are famous for migration and some people even call it with pride but if you compare such a nature with americans you will feel like spitting on their face. Do you agree?

Welcome to the forum.
I beg to differ from your Point of View.
NO NO NO.

While Donald Trump has spent much of his presidency focused on the number of people who want to get into the U.S., since he took office, record numbers of Americans have wanted to get out.

Though relatively average by global standards, the 16% of Americans overall who said in 2017 and again in 2018 that they would like to permanently move to another country -- if they could -- is higher than the average levels during either the George W. Bush (11%) or Barack Obama administration (10%).

he 30% of Americans younger than 30 who would like to move also represents a new high -- and it is also the group in which the gender gap is the largest. Forty percent of women younger than 30 said they would like to move, compared with 20% of men in this age group. These gender gaps narrow with age and eventually disappear after age 50.

Brahmins are famous for migration and some people even call it with pride.

Most of the people who migrate are refugees. If you can make it where you are from, that is ideal, but when you can not then you migrate. Fortunately, the educated, and resourceful people can make it happen given the right circumstances. Brahmins fit that mold.
Gujarati and Panjabi business people succeed anywhere with their dedication and hard work.
Now people from Andra Pradesh dominate the software industry.

Last edited:
You have mistaken by the feeling expressed by the americans to the reality. When they expressed they want to move out of america it means they intensely dislike Trump's presidency that doesn't mean they will really move out. You should not take that literally. If you see the history no one ever really did it.

Last edited:
I left India to study and better opportunity in 1975. I still return almost every year.
We are from Jamshedpur and employees of Tata Companies.
I still remember March 3 every year the Birthday of Mr. J.N. Tata. Jamshedpur is the cleanest town in India. I still buy Tata Products even if it is a Jaguar.
Every family of Tata employee will feel that way all their life.

Tamil brahmins and kashmiri Pandits did not leave their states by choice. Circumstances forced it n them.

Tamil brahmns got forced out due to dravidian movement leading them with no choice except to get out of

their home state. There is no pride in being a refugee in your own state. TBs were not militants to resist and

fight it out to assert for their rights. Hence they fled to other states of india to start with as economic

necessity.

Once their roots were lost, they saw nothing wrong to go to US or canada or down under instead of other

states of india .They were smart enough to realise the value of foreign education and prosperity it could give

them by earning in dollars instead of rupees. There is nothing holy in this and nothing to be proud about.

It was and is because of desire to have a good life in material sense.They do miss their life in india and tend to

make nostalgic journey back -mostly not to settle back but only to have a short experience of what they have

missed out by going to foreign countries. India has changed so much that most who are NRIs cannot

adjust to life here anymore.The children of these migrants in US/canada do not miss india much as they are

comfortable where they are.

The reverse exodus is unlikely.. The persons of indian origin may quit US and head for canada instead of

returning to india if going gets tough.That is the crass reality.

Tamil brahmins and kashmiri Pandits did not leave their states by choice. Circumstances forced it n them.

Tamil brahmns got forced out due to dravidian movement leading them with no choice except to get out of

their home state. There is no pride in being a refugee in your own state. TBs were not militants to resist and

fight it out to assert for their rights. Hence they fled to other states of india to start with as economic

necessity.

Once their roots were lost, they saw nothing wrong to go to US or canada or down under instead of other

states of india .They were smart enough to realise the value of foreign education and prosperity it could give

them by earning in dollars instead of rupees. There is nothing holy in this and nothing to be proud about.

It was and is because of desire to have a good life in material sense.They do miss their life in india and tend to

make nostalgic journey back -mostly not to settle back but only to have a short experience of what they have

missed out by going to foreign countries. India has changed so much that most who are NRIs cannot

adjust to life here anymore.The children of these migrants in US/canada do not miss india much as they are

comfortable where they are.

The reverse exodus is unlikely.. The persons of indian origin may quit US and head for canada instead of

returning to india if going gets tough.That is the crass reality.

Yes you are so right. I would not survive in India without my family and friends, The culture, business, lifestyle all has changed in the last 50 years, I am a foreigner in my own country of birth,

Latest ads

Back