• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Children Born Out Of Wedlock Can't Be Called Illegitimate: Women's Panel

prasad1

Emphasizing the importance of granting dignity and equality to the children of sex workers, the National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Rekha Sharma has said that children born out of non-marital relationships "cannot not be called illegitimate".

"Children cannot be called illegitimate, even if they are born out of non-marital relationships," Sharma said on Wednesday while addressing a seminar, focusing on the various challenges, including legal, health, occupational, and educational, faced by sex workers and their children.

The seminar, organised by NCW, featured an informative discussion on existing laws, and access to legal services to bridge the gap in ensuring the right to equality.

Emphasizing the importance of granting dignity and equality to the children of sex workers, the National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Rekha Sharma has said that children born out of non-marital relationships "cannot not be called illegitimate".

"Children cannot be called illegitimate, even if they are born out of non-marital relationships," Sharma said on Wednesday while addressing a seminar, focusing on the various challenges, including legal, health, occupational, and educational, faced by sex workers and their children.

The seminar, organised by NCW, featured an informative discussion on existing laws, and access to legal services to bridge the gap in ensuring the right to equality.

Children should not be stigmatized if their parents decided not to get married.

But the law should allow the child to sue his/her respective parents for not getting married.

Even though a child born out of the wedlock should have the same rights as a child born in a wedlock, but that doesnt mean parents are allowed to be so irresponsible as to not get married.

Marriage isnt about morality, marriage is to ensure no one is neglected especially children.

If a child born out of the wedlock is given the rights to sue his parents for not marrying, then anyone will think twice about being careless in sexual relationships

There are no illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents.
(Blossoms in the Dust, very old American movie)
I am also quite old and a senior citizen though not as old as this movie and my late father, who was the closest friend I had, used to tell me about old English movies. I got a chance to see this movie.
I have been browsing thru this site now and then and today I saw this post and I was tempted to add my comment and I registered.

Last edited:
There are no illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents.
(Blossoms in the Dust, very old American movie)
I am also quite old and a senior citizen though not as old as this movie and my late father, who was the closest friend I had, used to tell me about old English movies. I got a chance to see this movie.
I have been browsing thru this site now and then and today I saw this post and I was tempted to add my comment and I registered.
very much like your quote : " there are no illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents " - definitely NOT the fault of any child that it was conceived - how and why , is not ours to question - even the result of a rape, if the mother decides not to abort . In fact, a soul might be coming into this world to finish some karma ( good or bad, we aren't likely to know ).

Severest of punishments should be meted out to rapists and similar culprits. It is enough if we do it once to one person. That should be deterrent enough

Children should not be stigmatized if their parents decided not to get married.

But the law should allow the child to sue his/her respective parents for not getting married.

Even though a child born out of the wedlock should have the same rights as a child born in a wedlock, but that doesnt mean parents are allowed to be so irresponsible as to not get married.

Marriage isnt about morality, marriage is to ensure no one is neglected especially children.

If a child born out of the wedlock is given the rights to sue his parents for not marrying, then anyone will think twice about being careless in sexual relationships
This is absurd.. for, now the institution of marriage itself is in shambles. Of course the children are born for no fault of their own. Nowadays even the parents inside this institution, atleast a few, tend to neglect kids citing many reasons. Whereas many married couples adopt kids and raise them with love and affection. Connecting children and marriage is totally ridiculous .and punishing the children with the name 'illegal' is the worst suffering for them. In some cases though the man is the culprit the mother and the kid is made to suffer due to the stigma. This is atrocious. I would suggest that the man responsible should be the one to be penalized and compulsorily made responsible by way of finance .Since in this male dominated world, it is going to be always like this I tell you, he and, only he, should be made responsible for all his actions

Yes Sir this is a male dominated world and hence brutal and crude acts abound. The best long term solution is to educate people and to mete out the severest punishment if anyone deviates. But the politicians themselves are for selfish and short term gains. Reform should happen at that level too. A systemic change definitely needs to happen.

Yes Sir this is a male dominated world and hence brutal and crude acts abound. The best long term solution is to educate people and to mete out the severest punishment if anyone deviates. But the politicians themselves are for selfish and short term gains. Reform should happen at that level too. A systemic change definitely needs to happen.

Many politicians are men too....:rolleyes:

Agree with you - Unless enforced by law, hoping for societal transformation takes a couple of generations - and one can't depend on politicians either !! - A " Catch 22 " situation, indeed.

Severest of punishments should be meted out to rapists and similar culprits. It is enough if we do it once to one person. That should be deterrent enough
Sorry - Once is never enough in this Kali yugam ! Brutal murders for gain/ anger/ etc, happenevery so often even when everybody knows what the punishment is -

Sorry - Once is never enough in this Kali yugam ! Brutal murders for gain/ anger/ etc, happenevery so often even when everybody knows what the punishment is -
Sir when i say once to one person, it is the ultimate deterring punishment. Crime should come under control in 24 hours.

Latest ads

Back