• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Maha Rudram in Bangalore

By devine grace of kanchi periyava and Sringeri Jagadguru shankaracharya in my dream, it is a very preliminary planning to organize a Sri Maha Rudra Homam at Bangalore under one of the highly scholared & leading veda brahma Ganapatigal. (I am not mentioning his name presently, as I am not even consulted him)
As already mentioned, it's very premature stage and dreamed just a month back without having any clue that where & how it will go as I am not a knowledgeable or orthodox nor atheist. So as it's from devine gurus, I have a strong feeling that the ways will be opened on its own.
I was wondering about this & started taking seriously from last week to look into the expenses, ways and procedures. Worried about the cost involved as I am not into any organisation or association or having any facilities like temple or hall ... Etc except a Shasta prerthi group, that too as a silent trustee. Never been to any collection & was arranging my part from own earning. Suddenly the Divine instinct told me to limit the partcipation only to twelve families and share the expenses. The expenses will not be morethan 70k per family. (Even now I have no idea as my initial discussion with known people mentioned nothing less than 10 L to organize in Bangalore).
Just started talking to some people and unbelievably two families confirmed their partcipation hearing the planned name of the ganapatigal & their experience of his capacity (I owe the entire credit to the sadgurus as it's happenned like a dream for me and I am not even consulted the ganapatigal) so making the team of 3 family presently.
Thought I can share in this forum so any families interested to participate can keep in touch as I don't know what & why sadgurus wanted me to do this. But note that this is a very preliminary stage and proposal may take a back seat also. But whatever happens it will be as per his wishes of the almighty. I will not take it further if the budget cross beyond the instinct figure.
This Homam requires about 135 Ritwiks for parayanam and rudram recitation about 1452 with 121 chamakam. I don't have any clue as of now, organising locally is difficult and getting Ritwiks from outside cost very high on travel, stay ...etc, But a vision takes me through. Let it decides. Also guru mukhena trainees of Rudra parayanees from Bangalore can contact me for their volunteering in this action.
Knowledgeable seniors are welcome to express their guidance in this regard.

Hare Krishna
Srinivas

Good that you are organizing something beneficial.

But there is no acute need to go grand scale.

Its not quantity but quality finally.

Dear Srinivas

Am strongly impressed by your deep piety and determination to conduct a Maha Rudram in the foreseeable future. There will of course be impious sceptics and ignorant nay-sayers (who may not even be Brahmins), but these need not deter you at all.

Having participated in Maha Rudrams annually for the past decade and more, I suggest that your intended task is not so massive, formidable or expensive as you suppose. You seem to have budgeted for some Rs. 8,40,000.00 - 12 families contributing Rs 70,000 each. You estimate participants at some 135 ritviks plus one ganapaatigal.

My estimate is Rs 95,000, i.e. about 11.3% of your estimate, assuming the function lasts two half-days and requires 520 hours of chanting by 65 ritviks. The function should include Vinaayaka-puja, recitation of Ganesha Atharvasheersham and Mahaanyaasam on each of he two mornings, starting ar 7.15 a.m. We have achieved this in the past several years.

Should you obtain the co-operatiion and participation of a nearby Shivan, Vinayaka, Subrahmanya, Shaastha or even Amman temple, the venue problem is overcome and the hosts will not charge rent. You could ask your intended 12 patron-families to contribute Rs 8,000 each, instead of Rs 70,000 each. Other devotees can be invited to contribute, say, Rs 1,001 each to this worthy cause, thereby reducing your cost even further.

Only 11 ritviks will be performing the homam around a single homa-kundam. The other 54 will be chanting rudram and chamakam. The temple can provided palakais for the 11 homam performers and mats for the remaining 54 participants. The homam and chanting area will have to be cordoned off and restricted to participants only. Ritviks coming from outside Bangalore will have to fund/find their own transport, which will be a measure of their devotion and lack of greed. They can rest/sleep in the temple or its grounds, or find their own temporary accommodation for two days with relatives and friends. Your actual and realistic required expenses might be as follows:-

Veshti-uttareeyam for 65 ritviks & 1 ganapaatigal -- 66 x Rs 800.00 = 52,820.00

Lunch for 66 participants on 2 days -- 2 x 66 x Rs 30 = 3,960.00

Homa dravyam -- 11 x Rs 2,000 = 22,000.00

Incidentals & Miscellaneous 20% 15,756.00

94,536.00 (say Rs 95.000.00)

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification. Aasheervaahams. Ohm namah-shivaaya.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Srinikam/Srinivas

Further to my e-mail to you of 26 Dec 2018 (which surprisingly you have not yet acknowledged), please note that if you decide to invite 135 ritviks instead of the minimum 65 suggested by me (assuming 35 are gruhasthas and 35 are brahmacharis), you might incur the following additional expenses:-

Veshti-uttareeyam for 35 gruhasthas ..... 35 x Rs 800 = 28,000.00
Mundu-uttareeyam for 35 brahmacharis .. 35 x Rs 400 = 14,000.00
Lunch for 70 participants on 2 days ..... 2 x 70 x Rs 30 = 4,200.00

i.e. an additional Rs 46,200.00, making a total of Rs 130,736.00 (say Rs.131,000.00) which is about 15.6% of your original estimate of Rs 840,000.00, to conduct the Maha Rudram. And if you think another 100 or so onlookers and family members of ritviks will need lunch on both days, you might incur another Rs 6,000.00, raising the total expenditure to Rs 136,736.00. (say Rs 137,000.00, which is about 16.3% of your estimated Rs 840.000.00).

May I add that it is not necessary to engage a ganapaatigal for the event. A simple shaasthrigal or kurukkal, or an elderly Veda-Braahmana (preferably one who can chant some Saama-veda manthrams) will be adequate. No gaanam will be recited at the function, but it would be nice to hear some Saama-veda manthrams before the final vasodara.

If you are really and truly serious about organising the event, please let me know. Thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

I start with my sorry for getting separated from this group for some time immediately as I was completely engaged as per guidance. Thanks for your valuable detailed information, Thanks to Sri Narayanaswamy Iyer for his valuable advice & appreciate if he text his contact details to discuss further & utilize his knowledge.

As mentioned earlier itself & believed that this is not an idea of mine. I strongly thought that the proposal is from Jagadgurus & was expecting the way forward from them itself. To my surprise all the things are falling on it's own without any problem & difficulties to me.

I had different instructions coming on its own & happening as such it is planned or someone doing magic. As guided I had approached some family, with some I have never interacted earlier & they also had divine interaction in some or other way, hence confirmed of their participation. Presently the participating team has increased to 8 as on date.

Presently this method is not to do any shortcuts & cutbacks but to do honestly as per their guidance. Also there is no cutting of Ritwiks or splitting the days, but trying everything to go in one shot in the same day, if possible including Prathyaksha GoDhaanam (awaiting the instructions, now a days there is no Ritwik maintain the cow, but wonder why I was instructed to think of Prathyaksha Godhaanam & without any major amount in my calculation)

Am sorry if someone feels I am exaggerating this, As I mentioned earlier am not a knowledgeable or associated with any religious organisation / system / Vedic cultured but a simple employee with limited time to god & pooja. Started feeling of somethings happenings beyond my control as I never ever had / remember of any dream in my life. so thought of sharing in this forum.

Hare Krishna

Harekrishna,
I was totally witnessing their magoc. With all my pranams to acharyas, by their grace & actions this Homam is organised on Sunday, 14th July 2019 at Sri Bramarambha sadan, Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru. Which is a 300 years old, I never knew that but their selection is divine.
Please do not offer any donation or money. Because I have experiencing that this is organised by them so the execution will also taken care by them itself. I just follow their instruction. Request all devotees to participate & obtain their krupa kataksham. Only request is to adjust within the hall, which is little small.

Harekrishna,
I was totally witnessing their magoc. With all my pranams to acharyas, by their grace & actions this Homam is organised on Sunday, 14th July 2019 at Sri Bramarambha sadan, Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru. Which is a 300 years old, I never knew that but their selection is divine.
Please do not offer any donation or money. Because I have experiencing that this is organised by them so the execution will also taken care by them itself. I just follow their instruction. Request all devotees to participate & obtain their krupa kataksham. Only request is to adjust within the hall, which is little small.
Harekrishna,
Very happy to hear this....will be helpful of you could post the day wise schedule.

Very happy to hear this....will be helpful of you could post the day wise schedule.
Am sorry missed to reply.
The Homam went well and a Sannyasi from Avani Shringeri mutt has visited & witnessed full program, without any of our invitation. We never even imagined this presence, so it made me feel that Periva only visited.
The program went well with all possible things. To name few are Gana & Aavantika homam, Panipat Aasan, jalapatram, rudraksha mala & vastra with sambhavanai to all ritwiks. 2 prathyaksha godhanam, (1 to temple and 1 to goshala) Dhanam such as Dasha & pancha, dakshinai such as anugai, sambhavanai & Gupta ....etc. which I never imagined so much details. The ritwik totalled to 151 in total which included 2 ganapatigal, 12 Kramapatigal and about 20 gruhastha veda adyanis apart from parayanees, who are completed their respective veda.
Also saw the great respect from Pradhana Ganapatigal that he has not accepted any amount or kind. Mentioned this service is as part of his contribution to the gurus magic.

Some of photographs

Attachments

• maha rudra-1.jpg
    maha rudra-1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-7.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-7.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-17.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-17.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 245
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-8.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-8.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-1.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana-1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana.jpg
    Photo from Srinivas Lakshmana.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 222
Harekrishna to all.

Am here with a new information of Organising Purashcharana sahitha samputikarana rithya Sri Bala Sahita Lalitha Nama Japam & Dashamsha Homam in July 21 at Bengaluru. In which the Karthas will be the Donors for the previous Ekadina Sri Maha Rudra Homam as well as few new members, whom the Gurus are decided. Am announcing here as per their guidance & not aware who are going to be partners in this maha kainkaryam. (All Maha Donor of Ekadina Sri Maharudram were not known earlier & gurus only made us to assemble).

As soon as I had the dream initiation, was thinking to visit Kanchi to take Jagadguru ashirvadam followed by Shringeri Mahasannidanam. Within couple of days got an invitation to be part of the Periva Kainkaryam at Rameshwaram and gladly accepted to be a member of that team. Made an phamplet in a hurry to take Periva Ashirvadam but was wondering whom to be the main Acharya to name, if he inquire. But Gurus never makes us fail as usual just a day before leaving to Rameshwaram Guru gave me a Acharya, who is way beyond my thinking. (Basically he is a Vedic qualified, followed by English Educated Chartered accountant as well as a Sri Vidhya Saadhaka with teaching hundreds of Students in Veda & Sri Vidhya) Who gladly accepted without any hesitation or precondition as soon as I informed him about his nomination by Gurus. Luckily Got the Ashirvadam from Acharya (As rule of Volunteers, we are not supposed to visit guru, I never made any attempt to break that rule but we had a call for Acharya Darushanam on 6th day but cancelled when we assembled there due to crowd but Dayaamaya guru made it possible through his assistant to call me to front and Gave his Ashirvadam. which itself is as miracle for me as he spoke personally to only 2 volunteers of 30 in which I was the one in those entire 8 days).

Present proposal is to have 108 Suhasini Parayanees, Shodashi Suhasini Puja, Kanya as well as a Dampathi Puja along with purasharana Japa & Homam with Vedic Sri Vidhya Sadhaka in Samputikaranam with Sri Bala Bheeja aksharam. All these procedures are as guided by the Gurus through intuition. Hence I don't owe anything. As a Layman I never aware of anything about the Sri Vidhya or Purashcharana but Guru made me to understand many things from Ekakshari Sri Bala to Sri Maha Shodashi. Now Am in the process of detailing the budget as well as finding Samanaska who want to be a part of this Maha Homam. Kindly contact me for any further details required through PM, Whats'app or call. Expecting Sri Shringeri Mahasannidanam Ashirvadam very soon to start further process.

1615354422331.png

Latest ads

Back