• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spiritual Frauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
NN. I am not keen on proving anything. I only hope some one will dig out the olai chuvadis and get them published before they get lost/destroyed as has happened to thousands of them.

There are some thousands of them preserved in special facility in German Universities waiting for some scholars to read them.

What am doing here? I have no business to be here.

I should be writing only about marriages. That is why I joined the forum.

Thank you all.

To say that the present day God men are Spiritual Frauds assumes that these God Men promise anything Spiritual.

The fact is that

1. They promise nothing spiritual.

2. Their followers do not follow them for spiritual advancement.

3. All the God Men promise is material advancement and most important fulfillment of desires. This is what their followers also want.

4. Read the stories extolling the God Men in the Tamil magazines. They talk about how the Godman fulfilled their desires, saved them from accidents, cured their diseases etc. etc. Not a single word about spiritual advancement.

5. New techniques, Meditation, Yoga for relieving stress, performing better in a job, improving business prospects and so on.

SpiritualProgress. No, Sir it is not for the Godmen or their followers.

The pity is that the Tamil Brahmin community is the largest following for many of the God Men.

Are we interested in Spirituality?

Most of us are interested in religion/Godmen to improve our material lives, solve our problems, cure us of our diseases.

We pray to Shani more than Shiva/Vishnu. Why? Because Shani can give you hardship. So to ward off that we pray to Shani. Why do people throng Vigneswara temples? He creates obstacles if you do not pray to him. Remember what happened to Muruga in the Valli marriage episode.

There is more crowd in the Navagraha sannidhi than in The Sanctum Sanctorum of temples.

Shiva/Vishnu will not harm you. So why bother about them? Oh. Yes. just salute them in passing. Why take a chance?

We have become totally materialistic and seek God men to find a quick solution to our problems.

Are we concerned about their not being Spiritual? No, Sir. As long as we think they can solve our problems, we do not care what they are. We have GodMen who even claim to be communists.

We get what we deserve.

The demand is for Godmen who will find a quick solution to our problems. The Supply matches the Demand.

Sharma Sir,

The word God man is correct according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godman_(Hindu_ascetic)

They claim spiritual powers which are invariably bogus. Hence I coined them as spiritual frauds.

All the best

The word God man is correct according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godman_(Hindu_ascetic)

They claim spiritual powers which are invariably bogus. Hence I coined them as spiritual frauds.

Everyone who is a fraud of his / her own spirit (cheating on one's self) is a spiritual fraud. Life is such that everyone can be like that, at some point or the other in their lives. Provocation from selective fraud-finding is not a one-way traffic. Perhaps the term 'religious frauds' for those who abuse religion might have been better.

Just 0.001 cents.

nithyam sharanam gacchami

Controversial self-styled godman Nityananda's ashram Dhayanapeetam is now free to operate its accounts with police today withdrawing its application based on which the Karnataka High Court had frozen them.

CID, investigating the cases against Nityananda, facing rape and other criminal charges, moved an application before Justice Ajit Gunjal, withdrawing its April 29 application based on which the high court had ordered freezing of the ashram's accounts.

Additional Advocate General Mahesh filed the application before the court on behalf of CID.

The ashram has been complaining that it has been facing funds crunch to run its activities in the wake of freezing of its accounts.

It had also stated that the ongoing 'pancha tapasya', the meditation for penance being undertaken by Nityananda was being arranged by devotees from their own funds.

Nityananda was granted bail by the high court and was released from jail on June 13 after being in judicial custody for 53 days.

Basic principle of criminal law is `Let ten criminals escape but one Innocent should not be punished'

Blackstone's formulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May be the God men in India escape on the above principle. But it doesn't absolve them of the crime.

National forensic lab, Hyderabad already declared that the tapes involving Nityananda and Ranjitha are genuine.

God man Nityananda has already started fresh criminal activities.

Nityananda in trouble for using kerosene for 'penance'

All these God men have criminal mindset which cannot be changed just like that.

All the best

This article gives a different background about the NityAnanda affair:
Nityananda CD...

None of us claim that Sun TV or Nakkeeran magazine are saints. They are running their businesses - that is all.

But it doesn't absolve Nityananda and other God men of their sins. These God men are also running their own businesses.

All the best

nithy's cousin in sun tv

YouTube - Deiva Darisanam, Gaya, Part 2.MPG

sun tv just reported to boost it's viewership ratings,so that more revenue is generated.personally no one in sun tv is wearing a saffron robe claiming one thing and living another life.modern definition of saffron robes is preach for public but privately live a life of hedonistic people.maybe we ought to like this in kali yugam,as everything is a show!!!:eyebrows:

Dear RVR sir, I am posting this here because the other thread is closed.

I think both Prof Nara and Nachi Naga are deliberately trying to distract me from the main topic of this thread and divert me to discuss about unwanted things.
I can only speak for myself, and I assure you, I have no interest and I am not trying to distract you from anything in anyway.

I have no use for any godman and I support you without any hesitation when you go after them. My concern is strictly confined to your desire to exempt Shankaracharyars. The system they revere and promote is at the root of many problems the society suffers from. So, exempting them from criticism is not fair. That is all.

Cheers!

Dear RVR sir, I am posting this here because the other thread is closed.

I can only speak for myself, and I assure you, I have no interest and I am not trying to distract you from anything in anyway.

I have no use for any godman and I support you without any hesitation when you go after them. My concern is strictly confined to your desire to exempt Shankaracharyars. The system they revere and promote is at the root of many problems the society suffers from. So, exempting them from criticism is not fair. That is all.

Cheers!

I think you have not gone through the following thread in this forum

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/1977-re-energising-kanchi-mutt.html

I have criticized Kanchi Mutt to the maximum extent in the above thread and on the intervention of one of the moderators at that time, I controlled myself. Since I am suppose to be a follower of Kanchi mutt, I criticized it taking full liberty. At the same time I have defended Kanchi mutt during some discussions when it was criticized with some non-relevant issues

At the same time ,I have not talked about other traditional mutts or acharyas since the most of our members here are followers of such mutts or acharyas. It is up to the people who follow these hereditary mutts to criticize their respective mutts as I don't want to get involved in the same.

If we have to consult traditional mutts and acharyas, we have consult different faiths like smarthas, vaishnavites, madhvas and gurukkal. And again each sect has different acharyas like Kanchi and Sringeri for smarthas. It is practically impossible to do all these things as we have no time and energy to do that.

We are taking Brahmin associations along with us since they represent all these sects and sub sects.

Self appointed God men doesn't fall into the above as they are not hereditary Acharyas. These God men amaze wealth, indulge in sex, abuse drugs and claim super natural powers also. This forum knows how a relative of mine was recovered from one such God man recently. The boy has now started normal life and is trying for a job. I don't want similar things to happen to others and I expose all these self appointed God men to create awareness in this forum . My aim is just to prevent innocent people from falling into the trap all these God men. I don't try to protect any Brahmin God man in the process and my criticism of Ravi Sankar recently is the proof by itself.

I very well know that you don't believe any of these God men but unknowingly you have laid a trap in the discussions on the closed thread to divert the main objective of that thread. Helping 30 plus aged unmarried TB boys was the main focus of that thread and we have already collected the opinion of this forum. We shall discuss with Kerala Brahmana Sabha and the actual participants at Trivandrum to take it forward. If they are not willing, we are going to drop the whole thing just like that. We have no vested interest in the whole affair.

I have absolutely no problem in discussing issues with you in this forum as you have always been very polite and civilized in your postings. I think we all should deliberately avoid discussions with some uncivilized people in this forum.

All the best

....I have absolutely no problem in discussing issues with you in this forum as you have always been very polite and civilized in your postings. I think we all should deliberately avoid discussions with some uncivilized people in this forum.

Dear RVR sir, I totally agree with this sentiment. We don't see eye-to-eye on many issues, but still we have no problem discussing things openly. My foremost feeling towards you is friendship. I had intense disagreement with Shri sangom also, but I have nothing but the utmost of respect for him. I enjoy sparing with him as he has shown himself to be a true intellect and makes me think carefully and allows me the freedom to stick to the point.

In this respect I request Suryakasyapa and others, who seem to prefer shadow boxing than open and free exchange, to engage me directly. I promise to be civil and respectful. The worst thing that can happen is we disagree with each other.

RVR sir, even in the case of NS, I only wish you and your fellow organizers success in the traditional form even to the extent of limiting it to sub-castes only. I am very aware of the limitations of common people and the need to hold their hands and guide them.

But, I think the idea of facilitating caste-based alliances with NIB at the expense of culture-based alliances with TNB/icm children is retrograde and misguided and must be opposed, for whatever my opposition is worth.

I think it is time to rest this issue, now that I (we) have beaten it down to pulp.

I wish you and your fellow organizers success at TVM.

Cheers!

Prof Nara said "[I]In this respect I request Suryakasyapa and others, who seem to prefer shadow boxing than open and free exchange, to engage me directly. I promise to be civil and respectful. The worst thing that can happen is we disagree with each other.[/I]"

Sri Surya Kasyapa is a very very matured gentleman and is doing a wonderful service to our community. I am sure he will not indulge in any shadow boxing but since he is still in his prime career period, he may not have enough time to spend for discussions.

There are lot of people with excellent debating skills in our forum but they come here occasionally and hence doesn't participate in the discussions on a continuous basis. To give you an example, Sri Pannvalan is missing for quite some time.

Both Sri Sangom and Sri Sankara Sharma are very good additions to our forum in the recent months.

Youngsters like C Ravi and Durgadasan are doing wonderful job.

NS is creating lot of awareness about our forum among our community members but due to lack of internet connectivity, people are unable to participate. India is migrating to 3G and Wimax only now and may be after few months we can expect lot of talented people in our forum.

All the best

I think you have not gone through the following thread in this forum

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/1977-re-energising-kanchi-mutt.html

Self appointed God men doesn't fall into the above as they are not hereditary Acharyas. These God men amaze wealth, indulge in sex, abuse drugs and claim super natural powers also. This forum knows how a relative of mine was recovered from one such God man recently. The boy has now started normal life and is trying for a job. I don't want similar things to happen to others and I expose all these self appointed God men to create awareness in this forum . My aim is just to prevent innocent people from falling into the trap all these God men. I don't try to protect any Brahmin God man in the process and my criticism of Ravi Sankar recently is the proof by itself.

the above now appears,rajasekaran has been found to be involved,though courts are still allowing him to operate bank acounts,as amazingly he influenced ppl thru his teachings.i guess,he has to renounce name fame glory wealth also,if he wants to preach again,dunno what he will do.

I very well know that you don't believe any of these God men but unknowingly you have laid a trap in the discussions on the closed thread to divert the main objective of that thread. Helping 30 plus aged unmarried TB boys was the main focus of that thread and we have already collected the opinion of this forum. We shall discuss with Kerala Brahmana Sabha and the actual participants at Trivandrum to take it forward. If they are not willing, we are going to drop the whole thing just like that. We have no vested interest in the whole affair.

I have absolutely no problem in discussing issues with you in this forum as you have always been very polite and civilized in your postings. I think we all should deliberately avoid discussions with some uncivilized people in this forum.

All the best

if i am uncivilised,so be it,as i am no village bumpkin:D...shanthi shanthi shanthi.pattani pattani pattani.peas peas peas.peace peace peace.:roll:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e5cbd38264cde81f1bee9a6e9edd9c762dc86ee72f56d10c0ac99885da44e881

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Dr jambu Sir,

Income tax department has just recovered Rs.10 crores from the raids on Bangaru Adigal premises at Melmaruvathur only yesterday 3 July, 2010

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Rs.20 cr. recovered in Income Tax raids on 2 colleges

Receipts of capitation fee in college seized | income-tax | mapims | Indian Express

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chennai/melmaruvathur-tense-godman-adigalar-grilled-562

Central Bureau Of Investigation (CBI) has also registered cases against the Institutions belonging to Bangaru Adigal

You seems to have telepathy capabilities. Please keep it up.

These sort of God men are doing `social service'

All the best

Last edited:
Yes Dr jambu Sir,

Income tax department has just recovered Rs.10 crores from the raids on Bangaru Adigal premises at Melmaruvathur only yesterday 3 July, 2010

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Rs.20 cr. recovered in Income Tax raids on 2 colleges

Receipts of capitation fee in college seized | income-tax | mapims | Indian Express

Melmaruvathur tense, godman Adigalar grilled | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-07-04

Central Bureau Of Investigation (CBI) has also registered cases against the Institutions belonging to Bangaru Adigal

You seems to have telepathy capabilities. Please keep it up.

These sort of God men are doing `social service'

All the best

looks like kanchi kamakoti peetham started the trend of getting caught and jailed.subsequently,with deliberate precision hindu gurus are getting busted sytematically.now who is in helms of affairs in the country?who is heading as chief minister?who are parties?what bloody fools,will jail its own religion and its leaders,.its like jailing your own agents.after 1200 years of domination by islam and christians in india,what else to expect from indians.be subservient to islam and christians masters by proxy for another 1200 years of domination by proxy.bah!what horror,hindus have to face.

looks like kanchi kamakoti peetham started the trend of getting caught and jailed.subsequently,with deliberate precision hindu gurus are getting busted sytematically.now who is in helms of affairs in the country?who is heading as chief minister?who are parties?what bloody fools,will jail its own religion and its leaders,.its like jailing your own agents.after 1200 years of domination by islam and christians in india,what else to expect from indians.be subservient to islam and christians masters by proxy for another 1200 years of domination by proxy.bah!what horror,hindus have to face.

I think I would put it this way. J started the trend by getting Kanch Kamakoti peetam caught and arrested. Let us wait till the final out come in the court. But MK Alagiri"s case was over in Short time but here it is dragging!! Jambu;)

I think I would put it this way. J started the trend by getting Kanch Kamakoti peetam caught and arrested. Let us wait till the final out come in the court. But MK Alagiri"s case was over in Short time but here it is dragging!! Jambu;)

alagiri's father is a god.a mafia lord a compassionate husband a doting father a passionate leader of down trodden.whom we should believe and build a temple and install his diety and worship him.he will periodically provoke hindus by ridiculing lord rama,so that he protects hindus who abuse islam and christians.but he will never abuse islam and its prohets nor abuse jesus christ,as he does not have the b*lls to do so.

If Hindu religion has to be saved from fraudulent God men, it can be done only by enforcing law by the Government.

Medical council of India is dissolved because of wrong doings. Past actions of medical council of India is being reviewed by Government and wherever wrong doings were done, it is being investigated. Bangaru Adigal's medical college is one such thing which seems to have violated all the rules.

Income tax department has raided several private colleges in Tamil Nadu and Bangaru Adigal's college in one of them. If black money is unearthed from Bangaru Adigal, it is a very good thing in the public interest.

All the above are done by Central Government ministries and state government lead my Karunanidhi has no role in it. Even DMK minister's at the central government are not heading the concerned ministries.

Unnecessarily playing religious card on the above,for the wrong doing of a particular God man -Bangaru Adigal is just unnecessary in the present context.

As true Hindus if we have to protect our religion, we have to remove unwanted elements inside our religion who are creating bad name for our religion. If Bangaru adigal has committed any violation, let him face the law of the land.

Protecting Bangaru adigal is not our job. Let him protect himself from clutches of law.

All the best

... If Bangaru adigal has committed any violation, let him face the law of the land. [...] Let him protect himself from clutches of law.

Yes RVR sir, the full force of the law must be brought to bear upon godmen of all kind who commit crimes. There are two problems I see, (i) the laws are applied in a selective way, and (ii) cases take too long, as they say, justice delayed is justice denied.

A principled stand is necessary, regards....

Yes RVR sir, the full force of the law must be brought to bear upon godmen of all kind who commit crimes. There are two problems I see, (i) the laws are applied in a selective way, and (ii) cases take too long, as they say, justice delayed is justice denied.

A principled stand is necessary, regards....

Prof Nara,

Law has to be enforced strictly, effectively and within a time frame against all the Citizens of the country irrespective of the position they hold. Nobody should be above law.

Everybody will be afraid of committing a crime only if the law is strictly enforced.

Bringing faith in between is against all principles of honesty and justice.

India is a time tested democracy where courts are the ultimate authority to deliver justice. Indian courts particularly at higher levels have been totally independent and the same is acknowledged globally. We have to maintain that status and improve it further

All the best

Why waste time and energy discussing about some who are neither god nor man (human being)?

"Thakkaar Thagavilaar enbadhu avaravar
Echchathar Kaanap padum".

One will be judged by what one leaves behind.

Vazhndhavar kodi, Maraindhavar Kodi. Makkalin Manadhil Nindravar Yaar?
Maaperum Veerar Maanam Kappor Charithiram Thanile Nirkindraar.

All these false gods will go into oblivion once their physical body disappears from this world. Then, who is going to think of them?

Excellent Pannvalan,

We are all missing you for quite some time.

You seems to remember important lines of Kannadasan and also deliver the same at appropriate places instantly.

Please keep it up

All the best

Why waste time and energy discussing about some who are neither god nor man (human being)?

"Thakkaar Thagavilaar enbadhu avaravar
Echchathar Kaanap padum".

One will be judged by what one leaves behind.

Vazhndhavar kodi, Maraindhavar Kodi. Makkalin Manadhil Nindravar Yaar?
Maaperum Veerar Maanam Kappor Charithiram Thanile Nirkindraar.

All these false gods will go into oblivion once their physical body disappears from this world. Then, who is going to think of them?

these gurus are just enacting the maha vaakyas,like aham brahmasi ...tat twam asi....so all are god,as thats what maha vakyas mean.only they claim somethings which they are unable to fullfill and get exposed,unlike older generation gurus,who were able to keep everything under lids.technology and to some extent honesty is able to expose hypocracy.but then look the fraud in political field,the political guru are worse than any criminals on earth.they are getting away with sheer murder and if someone opposes them,they are silenced diplomatically.:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back