• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spirit and success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Impressionism needs to be viewed from a minimum distance for the best effect.
If you move closer, the individual strokes are seen and they ruin the impression you are sure to get when you view the painting from the right distance.
The Art gallery In Chicago had many of these.
My son and fiancee were members and we got to visit
the gallery on every Tuesday for many months!
This kind of painting also has a spiritual message.
Too many finer details mar the general impression -
just as too much attention to the petty details
mar the quality of one's everyday life.
I agree with the old lady who cast aside her spectacles
to make the world appear more beautiful and less ugly! :thumb:
And I can't stand hairsplitters and people who read in between lines!

#13. Joseph Pulitzer - (April 10, 1847 - October 29, 1911)

Joseph was a Hungarian-American publisher best known for posthumously establishing the Pulitzer Prizes and for originating yellow journalism.

In 1882 Pulitzer purchased the New York World, a newspaper that had been losing $40,000 a year, for $346,000 from Jay Gould.

Pulitzer shifted its focus to human-interest stories, scandal, and sensationalism. At the age of 42 Joseph became blind due to retinal detachment leaving him no choice but to retire.

But he had successfully converted a newspaper which was losing money into a money spinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back