• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Some Interesting questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matter of Perspective !

ik haath mein maalaa ho ik haath mein pyaalaa ho

LQ Sahab,

Wah Wah !!!!!

Apko tho Lucknow mein hona tha.....

Aaapki yeh line se mujhe ek kissa yaad aaa gaya...

It goes like this : A man asks the Father whether he can smoke when he is praying to the Lord. Father admonishes him strongly as to how he could even think of such a thing when he is submitting himself to the Lord.

Another man who was overhearing asked innocently as to whether he can pray while he is smoking

Father replied : "by all means Son, by all means"

Tho ek haath mein maala aur dusre mein pyaala ka bhi - apni apni 'perspective' pe depend kartha hai.....

Aur ek our sher (?) jo maine suna.....aaapki shyaari ke samne yeh kuch nahin phir bhi :

Uthake meena (the jug) jo maine poocha,
Kidhar se pehle kidhar se pehle,
Tho jawab mila
Idhar se pehle idhar se pehle

Uthake jootha jo maine poocha
Kidhar se pehle kidhar se pehle
Tho jawab mila
Udhar se pehle udhar se pehle

PS : Ab bas bhi karthe hain. 'Spirtuality' pe bahut saara discussion ho gaya, tho gaadi ko phir se paatri par laathe hain. (Can we bring the discussion back on track ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Hari, LQ and Kothai,

I am just awestruck! I am getting a new vocabulary lesson!

I realize my 'education' is way behind and wonder if I will ever reach completion.

I can't help wondering though - what does Chintan(a) have to do with 'spiritual' gatherings? That link was a bit vague.

Regards,
Chintana

Dear Kothai,

Though this message is meant for Hari I didn't think it would be out of place for me to give my take on it.

Hariji,

"Once you have an earful of 'taaaamil comperes speaking in taaaamil' and listen to Udit's - 'kadal pissassse...kaadal pisssssasse...yedo sow ki yam par..va...illl....ye', you will be washed off all the tamil grammatical errors & would come clean."

That was really nice.
I don't understand why music directors especially ARR need to go for these "Thamizhkkolai"-singers while we have our own great talents. I accept that Udit Narayan and other such singers sing very well. But there are a lot of upcoming new talents thanks to reality music shows of various channels.

You know, in a sense I am so glad that this is happening. It is such a 'fly' in the ointment called 'Thamizh Pattru'. I am glad the younger generation is growing up without a good sense of what Tamizh should be (assuming they only look to movie songs for their understanding of it). Thamizh was so ferociously stuffed down people's throats at the expense of Hindi and Sanskrit.

The original idea was to create a Tamil generation - and thus 'propagate the language' - and thus become ineligible to take up job opportunities elsewhere - and thus fill the coffers of the different Kazhagams.

Now that very generation is pooh-poohing that idea by endorsing Udit Narayan's Tamil.

The Indian psyche is in general fascinated by anything that is anglacized.

It is Tamil's turn to go through that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back