• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Smriti Irani spots camera hidden in changing room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

talwan

An alert Union Human Resources Development Minister Smriti Irani on Friday raised an alarm after she spotted a hidden camera at an outlet of a leading garment store that was pointed towards the trial room she used while trying out some clothes after which Goa police registered a case of voyeurism.

Smrithi is back in news.

Smrithi is smart no doubt. God knows how many women had been watched
by how many men and for how long! May be they had even recorded it!
shame.gif

Is the video of this incident available?
Just wondering..need to check you tube!

In 'SOLLUVATHELLAM UNNMAI' program being telecast by Zee Tamil channel, an exclusive program was telecast to caution ladies how and where cameras are placed secretly.

It is shocking to know such cameras are placed in wall clocks, electric plug points, pens etc.

It is a real concern for ladies.

The otherside of the issue:

Fabindia Managing director William Bissel said there are security cameras in all the stores but they are not in trial rooms.

"They cannot see what is happening inside the trial room," he said.
Bissel said his staff was not able to detect any of what Lobo had said of images inside the trial room and they have to be verified.
"The cameras are routinely placed in places where shoplifting can occur," he said.
03lead16a.jpg
"We have investigated the issue. We are an organisation whose management team 70 per cent comprises women. Our team members have seen the recording and we have not detected any of what Mr Michael Lobo said. We have not been able to verify any of his statements.Until such time we verify these claims, it has to be stated as claim. These are unverified claims... We had a senior officer with us in our investigative unit. He looked at everything very carefully and as of the moment this is a claim. Security cameras installed are not focused on trial rooms," Bissel said

Is the video of this incident available?
Just wondering..need to check you tube!
Renukaji,
Fabindia Managing director William Bissel said there are security cameras in all the stores but they are not in trial rooms.

If the above statement is true then chances of hte video you look for is remote.
Alwan

Police have confiscated the hard disk, but some still pics of dress change by unknowns are doing the rounds. Though may not be authentic.

Renukaji,

If the above statement is true then chances of hte video you look for is remote.
Alwan

I agree that Camera's are good deterrent in protecting theft of merchandize. They must warn people that they have security cameras. They also must protect from thieves who wear multiple layers in the dressing room and leave the store.

A series of inconsistencies and a couple of glaring police faux pas in the early investigation stage have surfaced in the Goa Fabindia case, which has triggered ripples within the BJP.
The quantum of media attention garnered by the snoopgate controversy in comparison to the BJP meeting also appears to have rankled a section of the party leadership.

In a tweet on Saturday, BJP's national spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said: "Do I smell a rat to obfuscate the BJP national executive meeting? Attempts being made not to cover NE meeting instead cover some other inane issues."
Smriti Irani-Fabindia case: Inconsistencies and faux pas cast a pall on investigation

If a VVIP is involved, the action taken by the authorities is super fast and severe.These type of things are happening for common women folk in almost all the dress stores.Even if they lodge complaint against such obnoxicious practice by the shop keepers,the response from the authorities is lethargic and luke warm.

Last edited:
It is safe not to believe English media. They were reluctant to name the outlet as fabindia, and obfuscating with words like shopping centre, mall etc They said no spy can in the trial room, when Irani said that the CCTV was behind the air conditioning vent grill. She located the camera, forced the shop management to show what was captured in the hard disc.

Anyway the media as usual will ignore 1000 good news items and harp on one bad news to blame the govt. This fabindia episode obviously falls into a different category.

Anyway, whether management or owner is responsible depends on the whims of the media. Fabindia is a special case because the owner is linked to the questionable NGO, the ford foundation.

The Technician who fixed the camera originally says, it has been tampered.
So, someone in the shop has done this deliberately with some crooky intention.
Alwan

In 'SOLLUVATHELLAM UNNMAI' program being telecast by Zee Tamil channel, an exclusive program was telecast to caution ladies how and where cameras are placed secretly.

It is shocking to know such cameras are placed in wall clocks, electric plug points, pens etc.

It is a real concern for ladies.

Why ladies only? Men too have modesty you know. And there is no shortage of gays in India.

Why ladies only? Men too have modesty you know. And there is no shortage of gays in India.

very true. i will not let my son if he is younger than 16 years or so, alone, with a barber, or in a dressing room, unless one of the parent is present nearby. with girls, i wont even let most male members of my family carry her. that is for me mrs K and the grand parents and brothers alone.

Men too have modesty you know. And there is no shortage of gays in India.

why gays?

I am sure there are females who have voyeuristic tendencies too and might be on the look out for a husband and might propose to a guy after seeing him changing in the fitting(trial) room.

***Out here in Msia we call Trial rooms as fitting rooms..I still remember when I had gone to India the usage of the word Trial room made me wonder "hey I am in a court?"LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back