• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Smriti Irani Pulped Her Critics In Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]Smriti Irani Pulped Her Critics In Parliament[/h]Listening to Smriti Irani responding to the Hyderabad and JNU student incidents on the floor of the House was mesmerising. It will remain historical for all times as one of the finest defence-attack speeches in parliament. It left "All the Men" and a "Few Women" speechless.

One could feel and see them awestruck. It was as if some gigantic force had hit them. Perhaps anticipating this, some "honorables" exited for they could not see themselves being pulped and trashed for their lies and hypocrisy so meticulously, piece by piece, bit by bit...

Smriti's entire life learning and the challenges she faced all along, which made her a woman of platinum as she is, came through every word, gesture and expression.

She backed every clarification with systematic evidence, which I relished most as a former cop. This is the most irrefutable way to demolish scheming adversaries when it is a vitriolic war of survival.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/smriti-...n-parliament-1281208?pfrom=home-lateststories

hi

i heard this fully,...really good....she waited for this speech last 20 months......she gave bit by bit everybody and nice

quote from shri vajpayee ji...

Oratory skills of any average BJP person is always good. The recent speech by Ms Smriti in the parliament is much talked about in all social media and truly genuine. The pseudo secularists are dumb now, unable to counter her. It has become a habit for the Congress & the Left to support anti national elements in the guise of freedom of expression. Today, Mr Venkaiah Naidu has asked the US, whether they will permit the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden in any of the US universities. Any Senior citizen of India would not have forgotten how Congress Party headed by Late Mrs Indira Gandhi, used MISA, POTA etc. to silence the critics and Mr Rahul cannot open his mouth.

Unless the speaker is truly patriotic and full of conviction, such emotional outburst is not possible. Kudos to Ms Smiti Irani !

Oratory skills of any average BJP person is always good. The recent speech by Ms Smriti in the parliament is much talked about in all social media and truly genuine. The pseudo secularists are dumb now, unable to counter her. It has become a habit for the Congress & the Left to support anti national elements in the guise of freedom of expression. Today, Mr Venkaiah Naidu has asked the US, whether they will permit the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden in any of the US universities. Any Senior citizen of India would not have forgotten how Congress Party headed by Late Mrs Indira Gandhi, used MISA, POTA etc. to silence the critics and Mr Rahul cannot open his mouth.

Unless the speaker is truly patriotic and full of conviction, such emotional outburst is not possible. Kudos to Ms Smiti Irani !
hi

i agreed....i like always shri vajpayee ji's speach/poems too...very patriotic words....beautiful hindi words without seeing

paper...

S Irani has brought durga and mahishasur to parliament leading to uproar in parliament.

Now BJP can forget the tribal vote of santhals who regard mahishasur as their king .

Lying comes naturally to HRD minister. She has not seen truth ever. Orator is not bound by reality. A glib orator is lying.

Dr Rajshree, who was the on-duty Chief Medical Officer on Hyderabad University campus on the fateful night of Rohtih Vemula's suicide, says that she arrived at the spot 20 minutes after the body was recovered.

Refuting the claims made by HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday, the on-duty Chief Medical Officer M Rajshree says that she was at the spot 20 minutes after the body was recovered, The NewsMinute reports.
On Wednesday, February 24, Smriti Irani in the Parliament alleged that after Rohith Vemula's body was recovered, no doctor was allowed near the body. She claimed that the body was used as a political tool.
Speaking to The NewsMinute, Dr Rajshree says, "Security officials found the body in NRS hostel room. I got a call around 7:20 pm and I rushed to the hostel to examine the body. By the time I reached the body was removed from the ceiling fan. Within 10 minutes we declared him dead. I also informed the Vice Chancellor immediately. He asked me whether there was any possibility of reviving Rohith. I was there till 3 am that day."
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...s-smriti-irani-s-claims-in-parliament-2182240

Last edited:
In India there are no "Fact checkers".

Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula's mother on Friday claimed that the HRD Ministry had labelled her son as 'anti-national' and 'extremists'.
Addressing a press conference, Rohith's mother said, "Smriti Irani is lying and diverting issue, he never received the stipend for seven months. Letters that were forwarded from HRD Ministry indicated that students were branded as anti-national and extremists. I demand an explanation as to how my son became anti-national and extremist."
Speaking at the same conference, Rohith's friend demanded action against Smriti Irani for making 'false statements'.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...-is-lying-says-dalit-scholar-s-mother-2182683

Smriti Irani’s quotable quotes from Parliament speeches

Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani gave a very emotional and fiery speech yesterday as reply to the charged day-long debate in the Parliament on Rohith Vemula's suicide and JNU issue. The speech had Twitter flooded with messages praising the minister. One tweet was from Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself.

Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/feature/smriti-iranis-quotable-quotes-from-parliament-speeches-2023644.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Major opposition parties on Saturday said they will bring privilege motion against HRD Minister Smriti Irani over her remarks in Parliament on the suicide of Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula in Hyderabad Central University.
Congress along with CPI(M) and JD(U) accused Ms. Irani of “wilfully misleading” Parliament during a debate on JNU and Hyderabad University controversies.
“The HRD Minister has not only been economical with truth but has also wilfully misled Parliament on the unfortunate suicide of Rohith Vemula,” Congress leaders Mukul Wasnik and Selja alleged.
Wasnik told reporters that the Congress planned to bring privilege motion in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha soon, while CPI(M) leader Mohd. Saleem said he would be doing so on Monday.
“I will be giving a notice for breach of privilege against Ms. Irani to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan for misleading the House on Rohith Vemula issue,” Mr. Saleem said.
JD(U) leader K.C. Tyagi said that he and nominated member K.T.S. Tulsi will give privilege notice against Ms. Irani to Chairman Hamid Ansari on Monday.
“There are contradictions in many statements of Ms. Irani regarding Rohith Vemula case. This is a fit case of breach of privilege,” Mr. Tyagi said.
They cited the outburst of Radhika, Rohith’s mother, against the HRD Minister and accused the BJP of being anti-Dalit.
Ms. Radhika had attacked the HRD Minister questioning as to on what basis did she declare Rohith to be anti-national?
“Your Ministry had written that my son Rohith and other Dalit students were anti-national extremists. You said that he is not a Dalit. You accused him of getting a false certificate.”
They alleged that these strong words from a mother “who has lost her son to BJP and in particular the HRD Minister’s campus politics is a stamp of how recklessly and ruthlessly their party is hell bent on clamping down the voices of dissent.”
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...smriti-irani/article8289898.ece?homepage=true

[h=1]Mahishasura event: JNU students strongly deny Smriti Irani's claims[/h]
According to the students, the pamphlet read by HRD Minister is a fake one.

The student organiser of the Mahishasura event in JNU, Anil Kumar on Friday accused Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani of "lying" and "denied" that the statement she quoted from in Parliament was not "released" by him or his colleagues.
"The pamphlet that Smriti Irani was reading in Parliament on Wednesday was not written by me or any of my mates. The pamphlet she is seen holding in the speech is a colourful one which is never used in any JNU protest due to high printing costs. It is a fake document and the minister is lying," said Anil Kumar, who was a PhD student at the varsity when the event took place in 2014.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...s-strongly-deny-smriti-irani-s-claims-2182865

"My son died of torture. How many more deaths will it take for the government to deliver justice?", an angry Radhika, mother of Rohith, had said in a counter-attack on Irani. Rahul's tweet came on a day when the Congress announced that it would bring a privilege motion against Irani in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha on the Rohith Vemula issue.

Union human resources development minister Smriti Irani’s chest-thumping, high-pitched histrionics, rolling of her eyes and pointing of fingers at members during her dramatic speech in the Lok Sabha on Thursday did not go down well with the saffron high command. More trouble brewed for the HRD minister as a combined Opposition on Saturday decided to move a privilege notice against her on the issue of Rohith Vemula, the dalit scholar who committed suicide at Hyderabad Central University.
She was not merely cautioned and asked to refrain from getting into “melodramatic mode” but suave and articulate finance minister Arun Jaitley was pressed to intervene the following day in the Rajya Sabha to bring a semblance of balance to the JNU debate, sources revealed.

That she was cautioned became somewhat evident when during her comparatively controlled reply in the Rajya Sabha she said, “I have been cautioned, and rightly so...”
It was also learnt that BJP OBC ministers, legislators and functionaries “strongly disapproved” of her raising the “Mahishasura martyrdom” and “goddess Durga” issue.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...n-bjp-cautions-hrd-minister-smriti-irani.html

The sickular & fiberal media may have all the chest thumping it wants. The simple fact is the Minister's response had overwhelming response from the average Indian.

The media has been trying to push its own agenda and thought they had the Government on mat, but has been proved wrong conclusively.

Nobody cares if the OBC ministers approved or disapproved of her "Mahishasura" episode. It has been brought the matter centre stage rather than allowing the spoiled fake 40 years old University brats to hold the Universities to ransom every year on this bogus issue. If Mahishasura is a martyr, they have to find ways to celebrate his martyrdom without bringing Goddess Durga into bad repute with their fancy tales and also have to delink Mahishasura from other terrorists of Afzal Guru and Yakub Menon and Maqbool Butt gang.

Gone are the days when the media used to proffer unwanted "wisdom" and "opinion" which were in fact "rubbish" and "bias". These days people look upto media for news and only news and not for their opinion. Opinions are dime a dozen.

The oldies may still be impressed with the Op-ed and editor's column but the younger generation has no patience for such balderdash.

Nobody knows if Sanjay Basak did indeed get this feedback from BJP or is simply peddling his "opinion" under the guise of news. People do not believe these unquoted and unverifiable bits and pieces.

Last edited:
the irony of Ms Irani, because at the end of it, all that sound and fury and waiving of fists and documents, you came across not as the upright fastidious and just Minister of Human Resource Development, the Supreme Authority for students across the nation, but as an angry and wily mother-in-law, who would resort to any trick in the book – including emotional blackmail – to get her point across. Smritiji, I do not know what kind of student you were – though much has been made of your educational qualifications – but I wonder if you are aware of the nature of the average beast.
A student, for that brief tenure of his/her life, unhampered by job or responsibilities, is something of a free spirit, seeker, and often a rebel. Irreverence and anti-establishment are the credo of most students and their university campuses are the laboratories of their minds.
Forget everything you said to justify your stand on Rohith Vemula and Kanhaiya Kumar, forget that you made a pretty strong point to expose the opportunism of other politicians, forget even that your numerous dramatic references to Vemula as a 'child' and yourself as a 'mother' had us reaching for our barf bags (talk about exploiting a death!). What I want to bring to your notice is that if all this was to win your case – it was terribly misguided.
Ms Irani, instead of all this, if you had once, only once, truly empathised with the plight of the students instead of launching into this tirade, if your manner and delivery had only once shown not outrage, but understanding and compassion – you would have achieved a greater victory.

Many leading members of the BJP like Finance Minister Arun Jaitley have in fact risen to national stature through their days of student activism.
But somehow it only appears to have become such a cause for national concern since the BJP has come to power.

Throughout your speech Ms Irani, you have said that you do not want it to become a 'fight between them and us.'
But after having watched your staggering performance a couple of times now, I feel that if anything has lost your cause, it is this.
Angry, wily, irascible, sharp-tongued, smug, self-righteous and devastatingly formidable, it has shown you up for what you are Ms Irani – the nation's eternal mother-in-law.
And justified or not, you know how people regard MILs, especially young people.
So for your own good, I'd request the MIL in you to take a chill pill and reconnect with the part in you that was once young and free-spirited.
Because if you don't, the writing is on the wall: the students of this country are marching together: Dalits, Muslims, SC, ST, OBC and the children of mazdoors and kisaans as they did on Tuesday.
And really, 'They don't need no education; they don't need no thought control, no dark sarcasm in Parliament. Minister! Leave them kid alone.'
With hope that you realise before it's too late that 'Minister bhi kabhi student thi.'

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/column-woman-of-letters-the-nation-s-mother-in-law-2183175

If you speak to 50 mirror image of yourself, you will not get the whole picture. You need 50 different people to get a better picture.
So please include the "Sickular" in the 50 different people.

Smriti Irani's speech served its primary purpose ̶ it allowed Modi to duck out unscathed

Wounded Opposition gears up to strike back at HRD minister in Parliament.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has every reason to be pleased with Human Resource Development minister Smriti Irani’s performance in Parliament.

With the Opposition infuriated with Irani for allegedly misleading them during the debate last week on the Jawaharlal Nehru University row and the suicide of Hyderabad University’s research scholar Rohith Vemula, it is the minister who has emerged as its chief target of attack. Modi, though, Modi has virtually escaped unscathed.

The rampaging Irani took on the Opposition singlehandedly, clearly providing a handy distraction for Modi whose own silence on key issues and his government’s deficiencies on the economic front have temporarily been brushed aside. No wonder then that Irani’s Lok Sabha speech was tweeted by Prime Minister with the message “Do hear this speech by Smriti Irani”. The tagline said “Satyamev Jayate”.

Read more at: http://scroll.in/article/804339/smr...purpose-it-allowed-modi-to-duck-out-unscathed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back