• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Singing other faith songs by Carnatic musicians

The fact is Christianity has a history of "digesting " or swallowing the native culture of the region to dominate the place.Whether it is Cybele,Allis of Greece,ISIS, Horus of Egypt,Tamm of Babylonia, they digested them all into story of Mary:Jesus and now they are now trying the same tactics against Hindus and Hinduism in India, by shamelessly copying Hindu customs,symbols, rituals, songs etc.As already written in most of the replies, I will mention few examples for your ready reference.
1. Temple architecture and structures being copied to churches such as dwajasthambams.
2.Using oil lamps in churches with crosses above.
3.Suryanamaskarams renamed as Yesu namaskarams with Bible verses
4.Propagating Patanjali Yoga as Christian Yoga .
5.Modifying Bharathanatyams as Christian Bharat hanatyams
6. Trying to influence un educated Hindus with false stories.
7. Making crazy Chakrams in the model of Sri Chakrams
8.In Kerala, Manorama Publications released a book titled Kristhu Bagavat Gita
9.Depiction of crucified Jesus Christ similar to SreeKrishna with Gopikas in Rural Theological institute Madurai.
10. Mary with Ganesa-, wants to portray Mary as Devi or Shakthi
11 Creating sahasrnamam for Jesus.
12. Adopting saffron dress and imitating Hindu Saints and distributing Christian Panjangam based on vedic astrology.
13. Vidyarambum or initiation into schools are done by Christian priests .
We respect all religions and respect your freedom to believe whatever you want. But don't try to rob our culture and system for your attempt for searching new markets to expand and convert Hindus to your fold. . Singing by remodelling Mummurthigal krithis are not acceptable to many Hindus.The attempts are to be nipped in case of these singers who learned Carnatic Sangeetham in a traditional way . They should not misuse it for few chips and for publicity.

Every culture borrows ideas from other cultures.

We eat Chilli peppers, they were originally grown in South America.
Our Bhakti (not Bhakti Marg), praising the Lord, Lord as, king all may have been borrowed.

I do not know if, it is good or bad.

Gunpowder was invented by Chinese.

Last edited:
Many Indian movies had borrowed Micheal Jackson's dance moves and even his Thriller video scenes...Did Jackson complain?

No!

Many Indian movies had borrowed Micheal Jackson's dance moves and even his Thriller video scenes...Did Jackson complain?

No!

The controversy relates to Religions; one religion copying other's.

Did Jackson's dance moves signify any religion or he said so?

Dear Chandru Sir,

If other religions copy ours, that shows our greatness! :thumb:

And... I don't think people will covert just by listening to 'copy cat' songs! :)

In the school in our small village, one of the prayer songs was:

'ellām yēsuvē enakkellām yēsuvē;
thollai migu ivvulagil thuNai yēsuvē'.

But none of us converted!! :D

In the school in our small village, one of the prayer songs was:

'ellām yēsuvē enakkellām yēsuvē;
thollai migu ivvulagil thuNai yēsuvē'.

But none of us converted!! :D

My elementary education was from a Christian school and 99% of the students were from non-Christian background, though teachers were Christians. In those days conversion was not seriously practiced.

Now the situation is different.

Large scale conversion will change the demography of the place followed by changes in every aspect.

Dear Chandru Sir,

If other religions copy ours, that shows our greatness! :thumb:

And... I don't think people will covert just by listening to 'copy cat' songs! :)

Exactly...I listen to this song daily in the morning and even sing it ...and I havent converted!LOL

[video=youtube_share;SaNobsVUi4M]https://youtu.be/SaNobsVUi4M[/video]

Large scale conversion, just by listening to Carnatic based songs?

I can't stop laughing out loud, Sir!!

You are right RR ji...it totally does not make sense.
My house is just 200 meter away from a Mosque...I hear the Azan 5 x a day fully loud and clear..in the morning I dont use an alarm clock cos I wake up when the loud speakers play the Azan..does anyone convert? Nope!

Large scale conversion, just by listening to Carnatic based songs?

I can't stop laughing out loud, Sir!!

Yes. Carnatic Music is in no way a major religion changer. Yet it can be used as one of the tools, as the singers who are from non Christian background. Compared to Islam, Christianity has soft corner among Hindus probably due to health and education.

I viewed the above video recently.

Can we expect people of his faith to ban him from their religion??

It is not known under what circumstances he spoke.

Have we not come across speakers from other Faiths discussing about Ramayana and Mahabharata, particularly from literary background? Does it mean they are engaged by Hindu Forum to spread Hinduism?

some people have reduced this discussion to vacuous rhetoric. Conversion is serious business and and if some people think it is a laughing matter they can keep laughing till some day it knocks on their door and may be they will laugh from the other side of the fence, having converted. This discussion is not for them. It is for those who affirm (i) large scale conversion by inducement and inculturation is a fact of life (ii) it must be fought by all those who stand on the side of Dharma. Specific instances and actions aiding or abetting forces of conversion then may be matters of debate.

some people have reduced this discussion to vacuous rhetoric. Conversion is serious business and and if some people think it is a laughing matter they can keep laughing till some day it knocks on their door and may be they will laugh from the other side of the fence, having converted. This discussion is not for them. It is for those who affirm (i) large scale conversion by inducement and inculturation is a fact of life (ii) it must be fought by all those who stand on the side of Dharma. Specific instances and actions aiding or abetting forces of conversion then may be matters of debate.

If anyone wants to convert or even denounce nothing can prevent them.
Its their freedom.
No one converts just by hearing a song.

Mere song may not induce conversion.

But, when the Singers, who are popular, are Hindus, the situation may be treated differently by common people. They may even think the Singers have changed their Religion.

The implication may be quite severe in the long run.

Latest ads

Back