• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shukla and Chopra - The great Yoga debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Shri Anand, that was interesting...

It is pathetic to see how certain sanatana dharmis try to delink certain practices from their roots just to show a modern face to the world... or perhaps, it is just that they have found a way to mint money... it is business as usual.

Thanks,

shukla and chopra are saying the same thing with a twist.chopra has done well for himself and our religion,so i commend him.shukla has done better than him by awakening the dormant sanathana dharma aka hindu feelings exponentially.both are an essential piece of armory for fueling the devotion worldwide.

Mike Meyers' Chopra is the best, here is a gem, "Intimacy = Into Me I See"

cheers!

nara

intimacy = into macy( 's )

i am meaning Macy the super store,just in case i meant someone else's name...though these days women carry mace and spray ..hmm

Yes Shri Anand, that was interesting...

It is pathetic to see how certain sanatana dharmis try to delink certain practices from their roots just to show a modern face to the world... or perhaps, it is just that they have found a way to mint money... it is business as usual.

Thanks,

saptha,

do you mean chopra is pathetic?

re money minting, both chopra and shukla are into making money. nothing wrong with that, is there?

though i am a follower of neither, don't you think, that there is enough space in the world for both of them?

even shukla has clearly stated that the last thing he wants is to revert yoga to a hindu-only activity by painting religiosity over each of its individual asanas.

so, i do not understand why he is so upset that other faiths are incorporating into their practices. even if yoga is shorn of many of its outwardly hindu originated practices, is it not an acknowledgement to the indian culture and tradition for people to copy it. after all what better form of flattery is there.

finally, i am not so sure, that shunning money for the principle's sake is good. money can be a handy tool to do so much good. in the right hands, more things can be wrought through money than one can ever dream of.

i still see not much point of discussion between shukla and chopra. they are too much like tweedledee and tweedledum. or may this is a public joust for the sake of entertainment? in which case, let us be careful not to get too excited. :noidea:

patanchalis saints yoga techniques,creates a union of body mind and soul.anybody who loves god or loves his/her own body ad respects the indweller of such a body,is bound for moksham.in this shukla and chopra,say it differently,the essential truth is the same.a christian with jesus as his/her own ishta devata can pactice yoga and merge into christ consciousness.similiarly islamic people,with allah who is nothing but nirguna brahman,can practice yoga,and be in allah consciousness.yoga means union or yoking,of the mind body soul.

"The common belief that Yoga derives from Hinduism is a misconception. Yoga actually predates Hinduism by many centuries...The techniques of Yoga have been adopted by Hinduism as well as by other world religions."

This may sound a bit far fetched,technically though correct,becoz hindu or hinduism is a by product of Islam Invaders coinage religiously followed by Christian Invaders subsequently,as the original name was just sanathana dharma.But today all of us identify ourselves as hindus only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back