• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Seeker's Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renukaji,
I have read articles about a single sanskrit word has multiple meaning.And wrong interpretaion/meaning has changed the course of Yagnams.Initial stages Yagnams were performed with vegetations as aahthi in Agni.Later it was performed with Livestocks,thereason being understanding someother word.This pactice became predominant during Buddha's period and He wnated to bring in Ahimsaa.
To sum up Sanskrit words were difficult to understand even at the earlier times itself and it gave way for different interpretations.That is how so many faiths have come into practice in Sanaathana Dharma.
Alwan

Yams,

you wrote:

I am also a person of science my dear...

To me it appears, your PROFESSION seems to be in total contrast to your BELIEF... there is an element of incompatibility....

Perhaps, a dichotomy: Your soul is in a BELIEF system and your profession is in SCIENCE... !!!! Lol

I am wondering... One can ONLY be a person of BELIEF or SCIENCE... not both, IMO.

You want to be BOTH....! A strange situation....

Renukaji,
I have read articles about a single sanskrit word has multiple meaning.And wrong interpretaion/meaning has changed the course of Yagnams.Initial stages Yagnams were performed with vegetations as aahthi in Agni.Later it was performed with Livestocks,thereason being understanding someother word.This pactice became predominant during Buddha's period and He wnated to bring in Ahimsaa.
To sum up Sanskrit words were difficult to understand even at the earlier times itself and it gave way for different interpretations.That is how so many faiths have come into practice in Sanaathana Dharma.
Alwan

Hi Talwan:

In your understanding, What exactly is Sanaathana Dharma, as you practice?

Thanks.

Y

To me it appears, your PROFESSION seems to be in total contrast to your BELIEF... there is an element of incompatibility....

Perhaps, a dichotomy: Your soul is in a BELIEF system and your profession is in SCIENCE... !!!! Lol

I am wondering... One can ONLY be a person of BELIEF or SCIENCE... not both, IMO.

You want to be BOTH....! A strange situation....

Its not that I want to be BOTH.I am only one and thats me.
Profession is something I acquired.. my true self/nature doesnt change with any new additions in life.
No doubt I was born in a family that provided everything for me but even education,status,extra money etc didn't make a difference to my way of thinking cos I am aware that everything acquired is transient and that never made a difference in my thoughts and personal belief.

I have yet to come across an Atheist doctor till now.
I guess we see life and death on regular basis and know our limited capacity as humans and also realize that there is something more than us humans.
That way I thank God that I chose this profession cos it makes understanding of spirituality much easier.

Even the top surgeons here before they start any surgery they say their prayers first and when patients thank them later their words will be "say thanks to God first cos everything is His will"

Last edited:
Renukaji,
Alwan

I know what you mean..dear sir,

Just like the most commonly misinterpreted word Lingam.
Which has multiple meanings but yet people seem to only like 1 meaning.
I guess thats where Viveka comes in to decide which is the most appropriate meaning for the situation.

Last edited:
Hi Talwan:

In your understanding, What exactly is Sanaathana Dharma, as you practice?

Thanks.

Y
Dear Yamaka,
I understand 'Sanadhan Dharma' is nothing but a way of living to follow Dhama in our Bharat.It was not a Religion in Bharat.It was a lifestyle follwed for many,many years before Invasions.Later this society was named as Hindu,Hindu Darma etc.I think you would have read collection of speeches of 'Maha periavaa' in which this topic is dealt.
Sanadhana Dharma was wide open to many faiths.There were different Interpretations for 'Brahmam' in different faiths.But every faith had followers .The basic question was on attaining ,Nirvaana,Mukthi,Mokshametc.It had the comman faith that JeevAathma had to attain Mukthi to comeout of the Birth,Rebirth cycle.
The Scriptures talked about Different Dharmaas .
As for me I try to follow the Bhagthi(Jnanam Mudhirntha) doctorined by Bhagvat Ramanuja.Thanks for your Querry,I am able to explain my purpose in Life.
with regards,
T.Alwan

I guess thats where Viveka comes in to decide which is the most appropriate meaning for the situation.
Renukaji,
I beg to differ in 'Viveka comes in to decide which is the most appropriate '.
It is like IMO,As I see,etc.Different people will have different views,opinions on the same topic/word etc.The Answer is as you said deciding 'most appropriate'meaning.
The other way is 'Pramaanam'.Here Scriptures,Vyaharnams come to help.
Still views Dirrer.Can't Help,We have to live with that.
Alwan

Its not that I want to be BOTH.I am only one and thats me.
Profession is something I acquired.. my true self/nature doesnt change with any new additions in life.
No doubt I was born in a family that provided everything for me but even education,status,extra money etc didn't make a difference to my way of thinking cos I am aware that everything acquired is transient and that never made a difference in my thoughts and personal belief.

I have yet to come across an Atheist doctor till now.
I guess we see life and death on regular basis and know our limited capacity as humans and also realize that there is something more than us humans.
That way I thank God that I chose this profession cos it makes understanding of spirituality much easier.

Even the top surgeons here before they start any surgery they say their prayers first and when patients thank them later their words will be "say thanks to God first cos everything is His will"

I gather you BELIEVE "everything acquired is TRANSIENT"... but you had a CHOICE to prefer a Science-based MEDICAL profession over FAITH-based profession like a Temple Priest or a Sadhu... this makes me wonder that you like BOTH...Lol

There are very many Scientists saying like "Only God Knows!" or "Nobody knows why this happened.. it's like an ACT of GOD"

By this what they intend to mean IS NOT of any Gods described in the Holy Books of Vedas/Purana/Koran/Bible or Torah....

But of Nature... for many of them, Nature and Biological Evolution that has given all this KNOWLEDGE is an astounding FORCE... their GOD.

AFAIK, very many people go to Medical Profession for the sake of "making a comfortable living"... as my kids joke

"Nature or Biology cures people... and the physicians and surgeons collect the fees to butter their bread... Lol"

I tell them "Find a way to serve the Humanity....Probably, Medicine gives you the best opportunity!"

Take care.

My recollection of paintings of Gods is like Renuka says
'Most goddesses potraits we have now in our prayer rooms have been the brainchild of Ravi Varma'.

My impression of India is when I lived there 30 years ago, things are not the same anymore. Similarly I had a collection of pictures of Gods, they are just a collection of art and nothing more. Similarly Idols can be any shape or color if you can superimpose your vision of God it has served its purpose.

If you read too much into the physical aspect of idol you are idol worshiping and not trying to reach God. Idol is a means to an end and can not reach the end.

Let me continue from my posts #82 on the Theosophical view of seven worlds, #89 about matter as bubbles in the aether and the Hindu corespondence of the seven worlds and their relation to the human sharIras and koshas--bodies and sheaths.

A Quantum-mechanical paradigm of Creation and Existence
(Ref: Internet Book of Shadows: Karma & Quantum Mechanics)

Is there any hypothesis in Quantum Physics that posits about the manifestation of thoughts beyond the brain and its neural networks, the subtle bodies and our afterlife?

Boris Iskakov, President of the International Slavic Academy of Sciences in his article Quantum Mechanics and Some Surprises of Creation presents a hypothesis and develops an equation of karma. The following article is long but makes compulsive reading, as it presents a better prospect for scientific interpretation of spiritual concepts, both in this thread and the thread 'The Theory of Karma'.

Although the posits in the article are generally plausible, I am disappointed that it does not say anything about consciousness and its connection to Quantum mechanics. Hindu Dharma clearly explains that consciousness is the substratum of all world of sentient and insentient beings but at the same time it is not material, either as universal or as individual.

Here is the article (section titles and emphasis added):

Equations of karma

01. The study of psychic phenomena dictated the need to define the concept of the information-energy field. Its material medium, according to contemporary notions, may be a global lepton gas, consisting of extremely light particles, microleptons, with a mass of 10^-40 - 10^-30 g.

Microleptons are much lighter than electrons and are capable af freely penetrating any body in the Universe. The gaps between atomic nuclei are for them just as spacious as are the holes in a fishing net for molecules of air.

02. The idea of a microlepton gas appears to echo the 19th-century notion of the universal ether, but is scientifically much more complex and profound. What we are talking about in this case is no longer an ideal space-pervading fluid, but a quantum-granular structure of the space-time continuum, filled with whirling streams of polarized microleptons (including some virtually vacuum-born).

03. Such an approach enables us to use the mathematical apparatus of quantum mechanics to describe the information-energy field. Moreover, relationships of a higher level of generalization are derived than the classical equations of Schrodinger.

• The new equations describe not only the movements of matter, but also the development of the totality of interconnections, signals, events, and processes. The special term introduced for such relationships is "equations of karma".

• As for karma, it is understood to mean a broad philosophical category of universal inter-conditionality, causality, and dependence in combination with the principle of the unity and integrity of the Universe. There are two equations of karma--the direct and the complex-conjugated:

GS> (NOTE: I have substituted regular letters for the Dr.'s
GS> symbols)

AY=0; A'Y'=0;

where the operators have the form

A=2h^2V + i2h o/o t-9;
A'=2h^2V - i2h o/o t-9.

Here Y denotes the probability density wave (the wave function); V, the Laplace operator; 9, the potential energy density, and h, Planck's constant.

These equations may be solved in the form of karma waves and anti-waves with quantization of probability waves. Connected with them are perturbations of the information-energy field, i.e., wave signals. In principle, such signals may propagate faster than light.

Previsions, predictions, and prophesies

04. The equations of karma make it possible to draw certain philosophical conclusions of fundamental significance. It follows from them that diffraction takes place not only in space but also in time.

Any event is, so to speak, split in space-time. The propagation of a solitary signal is preceded by a series of pre-signals and followed by post-signals, both fading with distance.

• Perceptive analysts are able to use the first intimations of pre-signals to give a precise picture of a coming event. This is called scientific foresight. But there is also intuitive prevision. Centuries ago clairvoyants described events that are happening in our time.

• Pre-signals provide an explanation of relative proscopy--when a sensitive person learns about an event before others do. Such a person detects faint pre-signals that most people do not perceive.

For instance, an explosion on the Sun may produce solar prominences extending for millions of kilometers. Two or three days later the "solar wind" reaches the Earth, causing powerful geomagnetic storms that affect everything living. During such periods, disease and mortality rates increase in all countries.

• This dependence of everything living upon solar catastrophes was proved several decades ago by Alexander Chizhevsky. Can we learn of the approaching "solar winds" in advance? It appears that we can.

• The solar wind has presignals: swift streams of solar photons an neutrinos, which reach the Earth in eight minutes. By detecting them it is possible to warn the medical services of all countries of an imminent geomagnetic storm two or three days in advance, ample time to take the necessary measures.

• From the theoretical standpoint the works of the eminent Russian researcher Anatoly Okhatrin are of definite interest. They confirm the idea of an ether or universal lepton gas, which contains full information about the material world. Clusters of the lightest particles--microleptons--carry people's thoughts and feelings; these microleptons are capable of travelling in space and time at tremendous speeds.

• The speed of light is a limiting factor only for a continuous stream of speeds, the so-called continuum. However, greater speed levels, in excess of the speed of light, are possible for extremely weak signals.

• Okhatrin's experiments and calculations show that people's thoughts are carried by the lightest microleptons. And the equations of karma prove that they can travel much faster than light. This justifies the conclusion that humanity's potential in getting to understarnd the Universe is practically boundless.

• Up to now it was considered that our potential in the conquest of outer space is limited by what is known as the pessimistic radius of Poincare-Einstein. If we multiply the speed of light by the human life span, we arrive at the limit that even the most sophisticated spaceships cannot surpass. No generation of spacemen can explore the Universe beyond that radius [it says].

• But from the equations of karma it follows that at the level of extremely weak signals we can reach out far beyond the Poincare-Einstein sphere. Material thought can travel to distant regions of the Universe at a speed greater than that of light. Man can obtain information about what is happening at any distance from him. This is a fundamental philosophical conclusion that allows humanity to look to the future with optimism.

• This property of anti-signals stuns our imagination: certain particularly sensitive people and instruments can, it turns out, receive signals from the future.

• Previsions, predictions, and prophesies come under the scientific heading of absolute proscopy, which implies the acquisition of information about events that have not yet taken place. They have yet to occur, but sensitives already know about them.

• The problem is merely one of the threshold of sensitivity and the balance of signals and noise. Anti-signals come from the future at a faint and very faint level. Very few people can detect them.

• There is no violation here of the principle of causality. Rather, its interpretation becomes more sophisticated and more refined dialectically. According to the equations of karma, time in the microworld can reverse its direction, turning, as it were, into "anti time". From a single point it is possible to see both the past and the future of microparticles at the same time.

• We can receive information about the future only at the probability level. Only the strategic parameters of a human fate are pre-determined. But freedom of choice too is preserved: a person is free to take any decisions and bears full responsibility for them. A person shapes his or her destiny and pays for the consequences of those decisions. Thus, there is a predetermined part of the future, which a person cannot change, and there is a probable or variable part, for which he is responsible.

Subtle bodies and the soul

• The most ancient Buddhist manuscripts speak of a person's seven bodies: one dense and six subtle. The first hologram is called the ethereal body; the second, the astral body; the third, the mental body, and so forth. The lepton hypothesis allows a larger number of holograms.

• Judging from the equations of karma, we humans are infinitely "larger" and our lives are infinitely longer than we are accustomed to think. This means that each person is a factor of Cosmic significance.

• Moreover, analysis reveals that inanimate objects as well as Homo Sapiens and other living beings have holograms of this kind.

• Consider the implications of this. If each body is present, at the information level, throughout the Cosmos, then in every small region of space-time there must be, if only super-weak, information about the entire Universe.

• Gautama Buddha's famous dictum states "everything is in everything" and, hence, "everything is in the small." In an expanded form this may be taken to mean that every point of space-time "knows" everything about all the other points.

• But if every zone of space "knows" everything, it is a most complete encyclopaedia, in infinite storage of knowledge about the Universe. All that is needed is to learn how to plug into this source of information, which can tell a person about anything and everything in the world.

• It follows from the lepton hypothesis that the soul is real and material. A human being, in the customary sense of the term, is nothing but a dense nucleus around which streams of leptons circulate. The totality of lepton shells is a cold bioplasma, which contains complete information about the nucleus. Thus, it can be termed a person's lepton soul. This notion has a quite precise materialistic content.

Thoughts and feelings

• According to the lepton concept, thoughts and feelings are material. They are carried by superweak pulses of electromagnetic and microlepton fields. Visual, audible, and other images, and all thoughts and feelings, exist in the form of clusters of superlight elementary particles. This brings to mind Plato's inspired guess that all eidoses, i.e., ideas or thoughts, exist autonomously, "float in the air" and recognize no boundaries.

• Plato intuitively arrived at that conclusion over two thousand years ago. Today we can put this into the language of mathematical formulae. We can measure the mass of a single human thought. Its weight varies from 10^-30 to 10^-40 g. To be sure, the opinion of sensitives and Okhatrin's experiments cannot serve as proof. Similar investigations have to be carried out at other laboratories. This will furnish the statistical data for reliable conclusions. If they confirm Okhatrin's findings, he will become the author of the greatest discovery of the latter half of the 20th century.

Thoughts and feelings generated by human beings begin their independent existence in space and time. Both theory and experiments show that these eidoses are capable of exchanging information. What is most important of all is that one person's thoughts can occur to other people. Eidoses are like small living beings, but at the lepton level of matter. Thoughts and feelings are our offspring, who communicate with one another and with us in a language of super-weak signals.

• Estimates show that during a lifetime a person generates millions and even billions of eidoses. This makes it clear that we bear an enormous responsibility before the whole of humankind and before ourselves for what our offspring, i.e., our thoughts and feelings, will be like.

• When our offspring are noble eidoses of kindness, love, mercy, mutual assistance, truth, beauty, and harmony, we contribute to the health of humanity's leptonosphere. But when we beget malformed eidoses, i.e., evil, envious, cowardly, vain, and arrogant thoughts and feelings, we thereby pollute the leptonosphere we inhabit. Should the negative eidoses exceed a certain critical mass, humankind will be doomed. At present our survival depends to a great extent on the ecology of the spirit.

• Here we also come up against a legal problem. Mere criminal intent is not yet a crime at the atomic-molecular level, but when a person conceives, say, a murder, he or she spawns criminal eidoses, which contaminate humankind's leptonosphere.

• That is why when someone steers a nation or country onto a road leading to disaster, that person commits the gravest offence above all against the whole of humanity. Although economic and political catastrophe is still many years off, it has already taken place at the lepton level, in the public mind. The collapse of a vast State can contaminate humanity's leptonosphere to such a degree that humanity's very existence becomes threatened. And no clan, no state, nor coalition that conceived such a crime against other nations can survive.

Essence of God

• The lepton hypothesis can provide a scientific explanation of the essence of God. When congregations gather in their temples, they create eidoses of prayer, which assemble into a collective egregor-eidos of a deity. When millions of people worship it, the material deity eidos acquires tremendous energy at the lepton level of matter. There arises feedback: a believer not only supplies the deity with energy, but receives genuine assistance from it upon supplication. There exist eidoses of Christ, Buddha, and Allah, and they actually interact with their Worshippers when the latter tune into the proper frequencies. This is something like a deposit in a savings bank--it helps the client at at a time of need. The microlepton "savings bank" is not responsible for other banks' clients: there is no resonance correspondence between them. Alien gods hold no power over a flock--only their own God has such powers.

• Gods, thus, actually exist at the lepton level of matter. In fact, the world religions describe different aspects of one and the same Supreme Rational Being. All the people of the Earth worship a single God, but in His multiple manifestations.

After the death of a person's atomic-molecular nucleus, his or her lepton holograms may take different courses. Some of them may likewise disintegrate. But this happens only to the holograms that are made up of the heavier microleptons. Estimates show that the relatively heavy holograms have a natural half-life of seven to nine days; their ninety-nine percent decay takes about forty days.

• Thus, the meaning of the funeral repast on the 9th and the 40th day (in accordarnce with the Orthodox faith) is that the living emit eidoses that recharge the dead person's soul with energy and information to help it undergo the necessary changes in the lepton world. Thanks to these rites, relatively heavy lepton holograms can survive much longer. A reliable supply of living people's thoughts and feelings can extend the life span of the heavy fractions of a dead person's soul from forty days to several millennia. As long as a person is remembered and his or her days of birth and death are observed, that person's soul is preserved almost intact, just as it was when the person was alive. One can communicate with it by means of special techniques known to mystics.

• The soul also has medium and light fractions. We cannot yet verify this experimentally, but there is reason to think that their half-lives and total decay periods are much longer than those of the heavy fractions. It is even quite possible that the lightest fractions live eternally--the soul is immortal according to all the world religions. So far science cannot confirm or deny this in strict terms. This problem remains unsolved and requires an experimental solution.

Dear Renuka,

I understand what you say. You mean by the word Viveka the well known Vivekananda. But then why do you have to write such aphorisms?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back