• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

SECRET OF THE OLD COUPLES' HAPPINESS

drsundaram

My grandfather and grandmother lived together 70 years after marriage, lived happily, they had no quarrel, difference of opinion,
when they quarreled sometimes I used to feel whether they were enemies for last 7 births ..
But it was momentary.
After dinner, my Grandpa used to read news paper. My Grandma has to sit beside and listen to him. If she is not around he will search for her, bring her and make her to sit beside. My Grandma could hardly hear, even if one shouts she can't hear!
But he will read and explain that days politics and news.
She will ask doubts to clarify
"Grandpa, why are you reading news paper to Grandma? neither she can hear nor she can understand'.
Grandpa replied...
"Do you think I don't know that ? She will feel satisfied that her husband is reading something to her, that's why I do this".
I asked Grandma...
" Grandma neither you can hear nor you can understand politics, even then why you sit and listen to him"
She told me...
" My dear child, what I will make of politics? Who cares about it? You know why I sit patiently and listen to him? If I listen to him he feels happy, I am satisfied if he feels happy, that's enough for me"

How wonderful this way of living?_

Husband for the happiness of wife and wife trying for the happiness of husband, that too after 50 years of marriage.

This was the secret of their marriage.

My grandfather and grandmother lived together 70 years after marriage, lived happily, they had no quarrel, difference of opinion,
when they quarreled sometimes I used to feel whether they were enemies for last 7 births ..
But it was momentary.
After dinner, my Grandpa used to read news paper. My Grandma has to sit beside and listen to him. If she is not around he will search for her, bring her and make her to sit beside. My Grandma could hardly hear, even if one shouts she can't hear!
But he will read and explain that days politics and news.
She will ask doubts to clarify
"Grandpa, why are you reading news paper to Grandma? neither she can hear nor she can understand'.
Grandpa replied...
"Do you think I don't know that ? She will feel satisfied that her husband is reading something to her, that's why I do this".
I asked Grandma...
" Grandma neither you can hear nor you can understand politics, even then why you sit and listen to him"
She told me...
" My dear child, what I will make of politics? Who cares about it? You know why I sit patiently and listen to him? If I listen to him he feels happy, I am satisfied if he feels happy, that's enough for me"

How wonderful this way of living?_

Husband for the happiness of wife and wife trying for the happiness of husband, that too after 50 years of marriage.

This was the secret of their marriage.
Wonderful message.
Married life requires a lot of adjustments and give and take for long standing bond. It is like a Cart drawn by two bullocks yoked together. There may be ups and downs in life both together have to adjust.
That is Life.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Wonderful message.
Married life requires a lot of adjustments and give and take for long standing bond. It is like a Cart drawn by two bullocks yoked together. There may be ups and downs in life both together have to adjust.
That is Life.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.
நமஸ்காரம் ! ப்ரஹம்மண்யன்!
ஸம்ஸாரம் என்பது இரு மாடுகள் இழுக்கும் வண்டிக்கு ஒப்பிட்டது மிகவும் பொருத்தம் !
ஔவையார் படத்தில் கொத்தமங்கலம் சுப்பு வின் KBS பாட்டு நினைவிற்கு வருகிறது !
சற்று மாற்றி பாடினால் இப்போதைய காலத்திற்கும் பொருத்தமாக இருக்கும்!

"பொறுமை யென்னும் நகையணிந்து பெருமை கொள்ள வேண்டும் மக்கள் !

அருமை பெருமை தெரிந்து தன் துணை அன்புடன்

இல்லற இன்பம் அடைந்திட....( பொறுமை )

கூடி நடந்து கொள்ளவேண்டும் கோப தாபம் தள்ள வேண்டும்

கோடிச் செம்பொன் குவிந்தாலும் குளிர்ந்த வார்த்தை சொல்ல வேண்டும்

நாடி மணந்த துணையோடு நாரும் மலரும் போலக் கூடி

நல்லறமாகிய இல்லற வாழ்வினில் எல்லையில்லாத பேரின்ப மடைந்திட ( பொறுமை )
"

Regards,
Adiyean

hi

old couples used to be happy....my grandpa/grandma had 18 children.....my grandma was uneducated

and very devoted/well managed householder....my grandpa was police sub inspector during british period

and retired even in british period before independence......we are more than 45 grandkids and more than

60 great grand kids....can we imagine today?.....BUT LIFE IS CONTENTED....NOW EVERY THING IS

AVAILABLE AND HIGHLY EDUCATED....BUT NOBODY CONTENTED...

hi

old couples used to be happy....my grandpa/grandma had 18 children.....my grandma was uneducated

and very devoted/well managed householder....my grandpa was police sub inspector during british period

and retired even in british period before independence......we are more than 45 grandkids and more than

60 great grand kids....can we imagine today?.....BUT LIFE IS CONTENTED....NOW EVERY THING IS

Blessed be the lucky Couple.
How true are the words of philosopher Socrates who told "Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty".

Here's a portion of the book
"Dialogues with The Guru -- Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Swamigal" of Sringeri Mutt, beautifully explaining the birthright or svabhava of contentment. He continues "Make honest and sincere attempt to regain and retain your brahmaniam in the firm faith that God is
ever with you to help you."

HH: When did the bad days begin? You must bear that also
in your mind. They began when the Brahmanas swerved from
their achara and Dharma and entered the field of competition in the pursuit of worldly things. They forgot that they were most ungratefully misusing the heritage of ages. The others, who were left behind the Brahmanas in this race, first looked upon them with admiration and later on with
envy and now with hatred. Let the Brahmanas withdraw from this race they will once again regain and command the re-
spect which is their due. They commanded respect before, not because they were richer or stronger than others, but because of their contentment, which made them happier than
the richest and because of their Dharma, which made them stronger than the strongest. The so-called bad days are
therefore only of our own making. We can at any moment put an end to them, so far as every one of us is concerned, by re-
verting to the simple faith and the upright conduct, the religious fervour and the peaceful contentment of our fathers. I
think that the bad days will turn out to be really useful and not after all bad, if they but make the Brahmanas realise the
depth of their fall from their true ideal and induce them to make honest endeavour to recover it.

_Source: Dialogues with The Guru compiled by R.Krishnaswami Iyer_
The great Acharya's lectures are available in a book form, which can be downloaded for free. I wish this book is given to our children to remind the glorious days of our community who led a simple life of enriching knowledge and real happiness.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

hi

In those days people were contended & no idot box news coverage , environment was not poluted & every body followed early to bed & early to raise. Today all changed & human beings are self centred .

Latest ads

Back