• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Scriptural evidence of Hanuman Jayanti

Namaskarm to all🙏. I am Pragasen from Durban, South Africa. I humbly seek assistance with a topic that I cannot seem to find a satisfactory answer to.

Can someone please give us some Scriptural evidence of when Hanuman Jayanti is?

Some say Chithirai
Some say Maargazhi

No offense to anyone but please answer only if you have evidence from Shastras

I thank you in advance.

Sorry I do not have any scriptural evidence.
But this is the customery.

Hanuman Jayanti 2021 will be observed on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. Hanuman Jayanti marks the birth anniversary of Lord Hanuman. Hanuman Jayanti is observed on full moon day during Chaitra month (Chaitra Purnima). Lord Hanuman Jayanti Date and Time is provided below for the reference of devotees:
Hanuman Jayanti 2021 Date and Time
  • Hanuman Jayanti Date - Tuesday, April 27, 2021
  • Purnima Tithi Begins - 12:44 PM on Apr 26, 2021
  • Purnima Tithi Ends - 09:01 AM on Apr 27, 2021

Hanuman Jayanti Significance
Lord Hanuman, also known as Vanara God, is worshipped during a different times of the year according to their regional beliefs and the type of calendar being followed. Hanuman Jayanti celebration in the month of Chaitra is the most popular one in North Indian states.
On Hanuman Jayanti day, temples dedicated to Lord Hanuman and Lord Ram start spiritual discourses at dawn before Sunrise and stop it after Sunrise.
Lord Hanuman, an ardent devotee of Lord Ram and Mata Sita himself, is also known as Anjaneya.

In south india hanuman jayanthi will come on markali amavasai day. in south india savithri puja will be held on maasi panguni maadha pirappu day. vata savithri vrutham will be celebrated on 24-6-2021 . for some people. both are same. like wise many functions are there . will be celebrated in different months. difference will be there in north of vindhya mountains and in south of vindhya mountains.

Latest ads

Back