• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

SBI Seeks Vijay Mallya's Arrest, Seizure of Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
VGanesh Ji,

It is reported that these banks are not after Vijay Mallya's blood and all that they want is to sit across the table to discuss modalities of recovery,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vijay Mallya has left India, says A-G; SC issues notice on banks’ plea

Not after Vijay Mallya's blood and all banks want is to sit across the table to discuss modalities of recovery, Attorney General Rohatgi tells Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court was on Wednesday informed that Vijay Mallya left the country on March 2 after the banks sought impounding of his passport during the pendency of loan recovery proceedings.

“I have checked with the CBI. He (Mallya) left the country on March 2, the day when we moved our application for impounding his passport. He has tremendous assets in UK. So in all likelihood, he should be there,” Attorney General told the court.

A bench led by Justices Kurian Joseph and Rohinton F Nariman issued a notice to Mallya on 17 banks’ joint plea to summon him to court and deposit his passport.

“At this stage, we will issue a notice to him. You serve notice and we will see on the next date what happens. You ask him to come,” observed the bench while posting the matter for hearing on March 30.

Arguing on behalf of a consortium of 17 public sector banks which have initiated loan recovery proceedings against Mallya, Rohatgi said they are not after his blood and all they want is to sit across the table to discuss modalities of recovery.

See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/bu...es-notice-on-banks-plea/#sthash.IQ7c1gGs.dpuf

[h=1]Mallya left India despite look-out notice by CBI?[/h]
Look-out notices are issued to alert immigration authorities to prevent any move of a person facing probe leaving the country

Excerpt:

CBI sources claimed the agency had taken all legally-permissible precautions including issuance of look-out notices to all exit points from the country to prevent any such move on part of the Rajya Sabha MP but he still managed to escape.

The sources said look-out notices are issued to alert immigration authorities to prevent any move of a person facing probe from leaving the country.

SBI, which leads the consortium of 17 banks that lent money to the grounded Kingfisher Airlines, had moved DRT in Bengaluru against the airline's chairman Mallya in its bid to recover over Rs 7,000 crore (Rs 70 billion) of dues from him.

Read more at: http://www.rediff.com/business/report/mallya-left-india-despite-look-out-notice-by-cbi/20160309.htm

It is said that all are equal before the law.

12814610_1100127553372028_3137284321519074338_n.jpg
12790875_1100127586705358_4311313740568949922_n.jpg

Source: face book

Mallya isn't alone, here's a list of people who excelled at 'art of leaving' India

Mallya has been traced to his country home in London, UK

With the opposition led by the Congress training its guns on the BJP government for letting Vijay Mallya leave the country, it is interesting to note that this is not the first time such a thing is happening.

"This government is part and party in the criminal conspiracy in him fleeing the country," said Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad reacting to Mallya’s escape.

Liquor baron Vijay Mallya is mired in a slew of cases with the CBI slapping charges on him for diverting bank loans besides SBI seeking his arrest for loan default.

The Enforcement Directorate registered a money laundering case against him and others in connection with the alleged default of over Rs 900 crore loan from IDBI bank. A consortium of 17 PSU banks filed a plea in the Supreme Court seeking a direction that Mallya be restrained from leaving India. Several former Kingfisher employees have been left with unpaid dues as well.

The following are some other cases in point where a high-profile person who was facing charges managed to escape the country to foreign shores:

See more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...-art-leaving-india-40092#sthash.lN22Jzpf.dpuf

[h=1]The Vijay Mallya story: How the King of Good Times made bakras of 17 banks[/h]
The flamboyant liquor baron, Vijay Mallya, once hailed as the King of Good Times and Indian version of Richard Branson, is being chased by almost every institution in the country — the banks, regulators and, finally, the judiciary — for the Rs 9,000 crores he owes to the lenders. How did Mallya fall to his current plight, where he is personally held accountable for the failure of the airline business Kingfisher Airlines and delayed repayment of loans? The answer lies in a decision forced on him by lenders in 2010 to give a second lease of life to the airline that was then on the brink of a collapse.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/business/t...od-times-made-bakras-of-17-banks-2667080.html

Vijay Mallayya declared that has not run away from the country .
He has said that he is an international businessman and is on business trip to abroad..

!7 PSBanks loose over 9000 crores But a a smart Marwari group from Calcutta Makes profit !

My second son was with this group - SREI PNB Paribas Infrastructure Leasing manging their Madras office !

Like in most bankruptcy cases, the lenders, who were mostly public sector banks, formed a consortium to ensure they had an equal chance of recovery. The banks conducted most of their negotiations with Mallya and his team as a group. ICICI Bank was the only institution to break out of the group, partly because its Rs 450 crore loan to Kingfisher Airlines was backed by shares of United Spirits (the profitable liquor business of the UB group). Mallya’s airline business was down in the dumps, but his liquor companies were doing well.

In Kolkata, SREI sensed an opportunity to recover its loan. In July 2012, it used its global debt fund, India Global Competitive Fund—run by SREI Venture Capital—to buy out ICICI’s entire outstanding debt exposure to Kingfisher Airlines. SREI took a 40-50 percent exposure in this fund. The deal, a classical junk bond purchase, common in international markets, shocked many. Bankers in ICICI recall how their counterparts in other banks didn’t approve of them selling to SREI.

See the differnce in manging PS banks and private bank like ICICI and SREI - Decision making is important!

Brand Kingfisher is interesting ! KF mineral water is the only brand that sell below RS.10 - is available @ Rs 9 in Realiance Mart!

Read more: http://forbesindia.com/article/boar...rom-kingfisher-airlines/38339/1#ixzz42eb8dkin

Banks paid 62% premium for shares of Kingfisher Airlines

The tragedy being played out at banks trying to recover their huge loans from the now defunct Kingfisher Airlines was foretold by analysts as early as 2011.

This resulted in the lenders owning 23.2 per cent stake in Kingfisher Airlines. This led to a peculiar situation for the lenders as they ended becoming both the owners and creditors of the airline, thereby compromising shareholders’ interest.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiAh9zGvLrLAhXBto4KHXpCA2kQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thehindubusinessline.com%2Feconomy%2Flogistics%2Fbanks-paid-62-premium-for-shares-of-kingfisher-airlines%2Farticle8342639.ece&usg=AFQjCNFiMH48pnPIoDUIk2aMw6s_UFmaYQ&sig2=faf72kav6jNSTl3Xt-pGXQ

Last edited:
#MallyaVsMe: Who stood guarantee for Mallya when the bank gave him Rs 1500 crores in a takeaway bag?

The difference between the way my bank treats me and the way Vijay Mallya got treated is a little bit different. Just a dinky little bit.

Three weeks ago I asked for a loan of Rs 1 lakh. After he had stopped laughing and rolling on the floor and wiping tears of mirth, the bank manager asked me for collateral, a character certificate and he gave me three forms as complex as an Msc examination. He also sent me to search for a magistrate/gazetted officer and two people (with social status) to stand as surety. I was also asked to get a letter from my company showing how much there was in my PF and end of term benefits. He told me there would be a few more forms in the second round but first I would have to take a polygraph and see if I make the cut, rather like Ajinkay Rahane. "No", he said, "We cannot say for sure if you make the grade. We have to be careful, he said. Our bank is known for exercising caution."

I want to know who stood guarantee for Vijay when the bank gave him Rs 1500 crores in a takeaway bag. And did he get himself a gazetted officer? How cautious and careful was that? My friendly next door banker warned me of dire consequences and the electronic voice threatened to have me shot because I was Rs 17000 into overdraft.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/mall...rs-1500-crores-in-a-takeaway-bag-2671458.html

Is broke 'VJ' Mallya living it up in plush English mansion?

The villagers know him for his fast cars, and beautiful guests'

One look at the pictures circulating of the English mansion that Vijay Mallya is believed to have “retired” to and you are instantly reminded of the line from the blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises: “The rich don’t even go broke the same as the rest of us, huh?” In the film, Selina Kyle says this line in response to hearing that, though bankrupt, Bruce Wayne gets to keep his sprawling mansion and estates.

If indeed, Mallya has left behind a debt of nearly Rs 9000 crores in India and returned to his estate in Tewin in North London, then one can’t help but feel much like Selina Kyle.

After all, as The Times of India reports, the sprawling 30-acre estate has a tennis court and two swimming pools, all enclosed with high walls, metal gates and round-the-clock security. “State-of-the-art interiors and a battery of expensive cars accessorize the bungalow in the quiet, verdant English village,” according to an NDTV report.

See more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...sh-english-mansion-40180#sthash.wCRqLfnx.dpuf

I think there is too much hype about one person.

There are 42000 wilfull defaulters over 1 crore.

Who coined the terms wilful and others.

Some tamil brahmins have coined it to selectively target some.

No businessman distinguishes and puts money into different brackets when he borrows. Use of money for purposes other than the head borrowed is done by most. Money

is money and it is spent by a businessman in a way which gives him best returns.

Even housewives if they are not economic entities do not distinguish between authorised and non authorised by husbands and have discretionary boxes [rice dabba?]

where money is stashed from household running.

It is just a witch hunt of one flamboyant personality .

Without cooperation of vijay mallya, nothing much can be recovered.

He can probably get booked on not depositing TDS or PF of employees. These are minor issues not capable of realising 7000 cr. of rupees.

Do you have any material to prove this?

If not, it is construed that there are sick minds that come here to blabber.

Who are RBI governor, chief economic advisor,sebi officials who clamped down on so called wilfull defaulters?

It is just a terminology to fix some industrialists who are not supporters of govt.

Our JDu chief exPM devegowda called mallya a son of karnataka and refused to buy the view that he ran away from the country. He said he was an international businessman.

He said that every airline is making losses and mallya should not be targetted.

I agree with him.

Mallya will hire the best legal brains and get away.

Nothing happened to lalit modi or srinivasan on IPL.

Has any businessman ever gone to jail in india.

Our legal system cannot fix the well off.

Some excuse will be made about not hurting the business sentiment and these large amounts that mallya owes will be written off.

Some scapegoats in banking service will get hurt and thats all.

Last edited:
OK let us see what happens when mallya returns to india.

This is just one more test case.

Mallya will buy his way out of trouble unless someone is deliberately out to fix him.

But then govt will not realise rs 7000 crores.

Sahara chief preferred to stay in jail than return the money.

How much did courts get out of him to pay small depositers?

Last edited:
I think there is too much hype about one person.

There are 42000 wilfull defaulters over 1 crore.

Who coined the terms wilful and others.

He can probably get booked on not depositing TDS or PF of employees. These are minor issues not capable of realising 7000 cr. of rupees.

When suits are filed against the borrowers NPA acoounts (especially the status of account being in Recalled debts account, Protested bills account, Stressed Assets account etc.) there are some standard procedures to submit to the recommendations with valid reasons acceptable legally by the court. These reasons are standardised by RBI .Some of the reasons are listed below:
1. Assets are not available. ( All assets are sold out or depleted)
2.Business or manufacturing unit is defunct ( not in operation)
3. Diversion of funds ( Borrower has deliberately diverted the funds for some other personal purpose other than the purpose for wcich loan was given)
4. Wilful default ( borrower has deliberately not repaid the loan despite having sufficient funds)
5........................ etc.... list is only illustrative.

Therefore the statement made in the post that " Some tamil brahmins have coined it to selectively target some."

shows not only his ignorance in this area but also his skill of his attitude "Jack of all trades".

It is the Banks that offered loans and not the Government.

It all happened not overnight.

He is facing trouble now.

As I mentioned in my earlier post a person wanted in 17 cases and who was on the run evading arrest, was recently arrested and extradited to India after 27 years and is currently awaiting trial in CBI custody.

These are all facts.

When suits are filed against the borrowers NPA acoounts (especially the status of account being in Recalled debts account, Protested bills account, Stressed Assets account etc.) there are some standard procedures to submit to the recommendations with valid reasons acceptable legally by the court. These reasons are standardised by RBI .Some of the reasons are listed below:
1. Assets are not available. ( All assets are sold out or depleted)
2.Business or manufacturing unit is defunct ( not in operation)
3. Diversion of funds ( Borrower has deliberately diverted the funds for some other personal purpose other than the purpose for wcich loan was given)
4. Wilful default ( borrower has deliberately not repaid the loan despite having sufficient funds)
5........................ etc.... list is only illustrative.

Therefore the statement made in the post that " Some tamil brahmins have coined it to selectively target some."

shows not only his ignorance in this area but also his skill of his attitude "Jack of all trades".
Most corporate houses owning more than one company in different field reserve one company for bleeding . They strip them of their assets. this is no secret.

Not many would like to return sarkari bank loans. They would plead inability citing all kind of reasons like business climate , global factors, lack of raw material or

demand or lack of govt protection. They will compromise , reschedule payments and finally get major write offs .

Definitely targetting is selective. Those in power are tamil brahmins. Just a coincidence?

It is the Banks that offered loans and not the Government.

It all happened not overnight.

He is facing trouble now.

As I mentioned in my earlier post a person wanted in 17 cases and who was on the run evading arrest, was recently arrested and extradited to India after 27 years and is currently awaiting trial in CBI custody.

These are all facts.
Some foolish odd ball may get caught. That does not prove anything.

That does prove everything.

People who wander in dreamland come here to blabber without knowing facts.

If you want to see the list of Indian businessmen/tycoon who are facing trouble go to google and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back