• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saudi Arabia: Women face flogging and jail for checking husband's phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

OMG! The contrasting scenario between India and Saudi Arabia is glaring!

[h=1]Saudi Arabia: Women face flogging and jail for checking husband's phone[/h]'What about a man who beats his wife? What about a man who does not give his wife her rights? The law should do something about this too'

Women in Saudi Arabia face flogging and imprisonment if they check their husband’s phone without his permission.
The offence would be prosecuted as a violation of privacy because it is not covered in the country’s Islamic laws, senior lawyer Mohammad al-Temyat has said.
The issue has been a source of growing debate in the kingdom, with high profile cases leading to almost 35,000 tweets under a trending Arabic hashtag which translates as “Flogging of A Woman Checking Her Husband’s Phone”.
Mr Al-Temyat, a legal adviser who described himself as a "member" of the Saudi government’s Family Security Programme, confirmed in an interview with the Makkah newspaper that individuals would be brought before the court if a lawsuit was filed against them.
The legal guidance comes in spite of much-vaunted attempts at social reform under King Salman. The Family Security Programme is part of the Health Affairs branch of the Ministry of National Guard, and was established by Royal decree in 2005 to improve access to social services.

A female twitter user said “They [men] get annoyed of women ‘only’ checking her husband’s phone, whilst a woman lives all of her life in an ‘inquisition’. Whether that is regarding her clothing, sayings or behaviour.”

Follow

رغد العبدالعزيز ‎@Haunted2012

ينزعجون من"مجرد"تفتيش الزوجة لجوال زوجها
والمرأة تعيش حياتها بأكلمهافي"محاكم تفتيش!"
من مراقبة للبسها،لكلماتها،لسلوكها!#جلد_مفتشة_جوال_زوجها
5:34 PM - 11 May 2016

Another person called Salim tweeted saying that in order to make marital life “less complicated, a husband should share his private life with his life so they can live a life free from suspicion and doubt”.
#جلد_مفتشه_جوال_زوجها بختصار تبي تعيش مرتاح مع زوجتك ؟ شاركها كل خصوصياتك وهي بعد بكذا يختفي الشك والتحقيق وتنبسطون عقدتوها وهي بسيطه
— سالم (@zxizx2) May 11, 2016
On the other hand, Abdirahman highlights other significant problems in the Saudi community, stating: “what about a man who beats his wife? What about a man who does not give his wife her rights? The law should do something about this too.”

Follow

♪ عبداّلرحٌمن ‎@DHoom_f3

#جلد_مفتشه_جوال_زوجها
واللي يضرب زوجته ويقول لها كلام قذر
واللي ما يعطي حقوق زوجته
واللي يشك بزوجته ويحرمها أشياء كثيرة
وين القانون عنهم؟!
1f44e.png
2:44 PM - 11 May 2016

Speaking to The Independent, Mr Al-Temyat said he worked with the government only on a voluntary basis, providing legal advice.
He described the law on checking someone’s phone as Ta’zir offence, coming under judicial discretion because it has no definition or prescribed punishment under Islam.
He said: "I would like to clarify that this subject involves the husband and the wife and it is a Ta'zir offence so it is possible that there is a flogging, a fine, imprisonment, just signing a pledge or even nothing.
"It is a Ta'zir offence not identified legally, so the punishment is dependent on the damage caused from it. If there was no damage caused, there could be no punishment."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...logging-and-jail-for-checking-husbands-phone/

Lamees Altalebi

• Friday 13 May 2016

In India wife chops off husbands finger for checking here phone. In Soudi its just the other way around! What a contradiction. Both extremes are unhealthy..

I wonder why wives always want to check their husband's phone? Cant they mind their own business?

If we check our husbands phone..what if he wants to check our phone? I surely dont want my husband to know who calls me or who I call..so I would not want to know either who he calls or who calls him.

Sometimes simple friendly messages can be misunderstood.

So better respect each others personal space.

Last edited:
Rightly said Reneka ji, If some decides to cheat you, you can't stop him/her come what may. If you fully trust your partner there is no issue, then why this mess?

Arabians do not care if the wife is flogged / battered / imprisoned ...........besides her another 2 or 3 legal wives are in store at home.

Rightly said Reneka ji, If some decides to cheat you, you can't stop him/her come what may. If you fully trust your partner there is no issue, then why this mess?

Dear Ganesh ji,

To be honest I personally feel the human mind is not meant to be monogamous.

I also do not view married people falling in love again or being attracted to another person as a sin.

If a mother can love all her children why cant a human love more than one spouse?

When a mother gives birth for the first time...she loves her first child..when she gives birth again she loves her second child without hating the first child.

Likewise..a person can love more than one person without hating the first spouse.

But mostly humans prefer monogamy cos its secure and stable for everyone and handling a harem can be stressful.

That's all.

Last edited:
Dear Ganesh ji,

To be honest I personally feel the human mind is not meant to be monogamous.

I also do not view married people falling in love again or being attracted to another person as a sin.

If a mother can love all her children why cant a human love more than one spouse?

When a mother gives birth for the first time...she loves her first child..when she gives birth again she loves her second child without hating the first child.

Likewise..a person can love more than one person without hating the first spouse.

But mostly humans prefer monogamy cos its secure and stable for everyone and handling a harem can be stressful.

That's all.
Dear Renukaji,

I think our thinking don't match here. I strongly believe monogamy is meant for human beings. If some body wants to follow polygamy, I don't think I am going to oppose it either. Would like to leave it to their convenience. Can't agree with your comparison of a mother share equal love and affection among her all children with a person sharing his/her love with multiple partners. There is a huge difference between love and lust...

Dear Renukaji,

I think our thinking don't match here. I strongly believe monogamy is meant for human beings. If some body wants to follow polygamy, I don't think I am going to oppose it either. Would like to leave it to their convenience. Can't agree with your comparison of a mother share equal love and affection among her all children with a person sharing his/her love with multiple partners. There is a huge difference between love and lust...

Dear Ganesh ji,

Both Love and Lust have the same substratum...that is DESIRE.

In my opinion...something that shares the same substratum are interrelated and have shades of each other in any relationship.

When a mother loves her child...she does have some amount of personal interest cos she sees her child as part of her..she feels she "created" her child..so this kind of feels "divine" cos it mimics the act of creation by God.

A mother's love is highly over rated and touted to be the closest to God's love purely becos of this fact.

But is it actually divine?

I dont think ..all mothers have a child becos of DESIRE.

A desire to call something your own..a subtle yearning to feel a new life..it is too a form of lust though not sexual.

It makes a woman feel complete..its her aim.

Now coming to multiple partners for marriage or love...its also the same...its DESIRE to be loved..desire to share your self with another human.
The human actually gives love cos he/she seeks love too.

Existence itself is a journey filled with desires...isnt that what Lust is all about? Desire? Kama?

Renuka ji,

Quite revolutionary thinking! I may need ages to reach your level. One thing still haunts me. A lady's desire for mother hood is a natural phenomena. It is the natures way to keep existence of life possible. Agreed, Lust/Desire/Kama are one and same form which also plays its part in promoting life on face of earth. But that does not seems to be enough reason for promotion/adoption of polygamy among humans. I think that is the major difference between human beings and rest of other forms of life. May be that's the reason many persons who are really into it maintains its secrecy.

Renuka ji,

Quite revolutionary thinking! I may need ages to reach your level. One thing still haunts me. A lady's desire for mother hood is a natural phenomena. It is the natures way to keep existence of life possible. Agreed, Lust/Desire/Kama are one and same form which also plays its part in promoting life on face of earth. But that does not seems to be enough reason for promotion/adoption of polygamy among humans. I think that is the major difference between human beings and rest of other forms of life. May be that's the reason many persons who are really into it maintains its secrecy.

Dear Sir,

Its not Revolutionary thinking on my part.

Its just very Primal thinking.

You do not need ages to reach my sort of thinking...its present in each one of us.

We shape our thoughts due to cultural conditioning but if we dwell deep within ourselves we can feel the Primal Mind in the core of ourselves.

We humans badly want to deny the animal in us but do we really get anywhere buy denying our very core..the Primal Instincts?

Somehow the lyrics of this song come to my mind.

Mirigam kondru,
Mirigam kondru,
Kadavul valarkka,
Paarkkindraen

Aanaal...
Kadavul kondru,
Oonavaay thindru,
Mirigam mattum,
Valargirathae,

"We humans badly want to deny the animal in us but do we really get anywhere buy denying our very core..the Primal Instincts?"

Darwin's Theory of evolution seems still incomplete!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back