• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why saudi arabia does not permit women drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

neeya-naana-09-06-2013-vijay-tvl

This is one of the best neeya naana. Starts off slowly but picks up momentum and ends with a splash.

It pits female two wheel drivers against men. Period.

Amazing what comes out – there is one lady who is allowed to drive only 3 kms radius from her house. But is used by the family for any errands or shopping within the 3 km radius. They feel that is one way to control her.

A young man (front row glasses named arun) is so articulate – in expressing his outlook. He is a liberated yet thoughtful guy. He can accept his girlfriend driving. But not his mother, while at the same time realizing that the ability to drive by oneself, gives an element of freedom and independence. His mother has asked the men in the house, to take her out, and many a times faced a rude NO. and disappointed went away. Arun expresses his dilemma very well, and analyses that he is part of the middle generation, faced with the changing role of women.

Another engaged couple, the man unhappy as he figures, that the woman with wheels, depends less on him, and reduces his ‘leadership’ role. His fiancée demurs but unable to change his mind. How much to give in, to marry this guy, I wonder.

Also attacked are the various cat calls and teasings faced by women two wheelers. Once again, as in another thread, many men, find it the ‘fault’ of women – for looking pretty and able to drive!!

Last but not least, the confession of many women, that in addition to the confidence, it gave them some arrogance and one tracked thinking and decision making. Surprisingly honest.

A must watch show. Tells us a lot about men. and women. and changing India.

Kunjuppu Sir

I have noticed many teen Girls / young women carelessly leaving their Dhupatta end / Sarees end so loose and it might at any time get entangled with the Back/front wheels and the chances of accidents are more.

Girls are not very careful in riding two wheelers as they do not see ( in most of the time) vehicles coming from their right side/ or left side.

They chat too much with their cell phone while riding on two wheelers, many are very careless and do not wear helmets.

Staring habits is totally not acceptable, and it is only in India we see people stare at each other.

Kunjuppu Sir

I have noticed many teen Girls / young women carelessly leaving their Dhupatta end / Sarees end so loose and it might at any time get entangled with the Back/front wheels and the chances of accidents are more.

Girls are not very careful in riding two wheelers as they do not see ( in most of the time) vehicles coming from their right side/ or left side.

They chat too much with their cell phone while riding on two wheelers, many are very careless and do not wear helmets.

Girls normally drive scooters, so there is no chance of dupatta getting entangled. Do only girls talk on mobile phone incessantly? Incidentally, the person at the other end may be male and both may be equally culpable.

Girls normally drive scooters, so there is no chance of dupatta getting entangled. Do only girls talk on mobile phone incessantly? Incidentally, the person at the other end may be male and both may be equally culpable.

Where are you ?

Girls drive scooters? Scooters are almost out of market more than few years back.
These Girls drive only two wheelers, not scooters.

Where are you ?

Girls drive scooters? Scooters are almost out of market more than few years back.

Shri P.J.,

I think Shri.Vsubbu48 is referring to Scooty, Scooty PEP, Hero Activa kinda vehicles while mentioning about girls driving scooters.

These vehicle's wheels are smaller in size and are almost hidden inside the body of the vehicle, its compact, Unlike TVS 50 kind of vehicles where her Dupatta or Sari easily gets entangled between the spokes of the wheel.

RAVI Sir Thanks,
Yes, this is what these girls nowadays drive; but there are generally very careless, applies breaks suddenly, takes a turn without putting any indicator, never bothers to see the vehicles coming from their right side or left side.

RAVI Sir Thanks,
Yes, this is what these girls nowadays drive; but there are generally very careless, applies breaks suddenly, takes a turn without putting any indicator, never bothers to see the vehicles coming from their right side or left side.

That is there!!!

Another engaged couple, the man unhappy as he figures, that the woman with wheels, depends less on him, and reduces his ‘leadership’ role. His fiancée demurs but unable to change his mind. How much to give in, to marry this guy, I wonder.

Shri Kunjuppu,

This guy's POV I find ridiculous. He says that in the eventuality of some rift between the couple, giving a ride to a wife in a vehicle driven by husband would give him a chance to reconcile and feel closer to each other.

There are many ways to patch up with things and get into good friendship with love and care.

It's only the ego of the guy that cushions him in reconciling with his wife by way of doing some favor to his wife.

If the guy does not have the ego, he can have many many ways to step forward, patch up the things, change the troubled environment between them and continue to be happy. Giving a ride to wife to help her in dropping her some where is not the only way to show his love and care towards his wife.

I could not understand how Gopinath could have some sort of consideration towards this guy's POV.

[h=1]Why saudi arabia does not permit women drivers??[/h]
the answer is simple..

if it was 20 years ago, the women drivers would have definitely found it hard to squeeze those Rubber-Horn-Bulbs, unlike those counter parts fanatacized it other way..

now that the rubber bulbs got replaced with electronic feather touch horns, I think , women shouldnt be having a problem of being a driver.. S.A should consider this. :)

Shri Kunjuppu,

This guy's POV I find ridiculous. He says that in the eventuality of some rift between the couple, giving a ride to a wife in a vehicle driven by husband would give him a chance to reconcile and feel closer to each other.

There are many ways to patch up with things and get into good friendship with love and care.

It's only the ego of the guy that cushions him in reconciling with his wife by way of doing some favor to his wife.

If the guy does not have the ego, he can have many many ways to step forward, patch up the things, change the troubled environment between them and continue to be happy. Giving a ride to wife to help her in dropping her some where is not the only way to show his love and care towards his wife.

I could not understand how Gopinath could have some sort of consideration towards this guy's POV.

ravi,

i was surprised that gopinath did not pull him up, for he usually sticks up for women's pov. here the guy, i think, just got a pat on the wrist.

i thought she looked too good looking for this :) she would do good not to marry him, for he looks like a control freak, and once the thali falls on the neck, it is going to be முள் வேலி for her. when i see the attitudes of some of these guys, i freak out.

plainly he does not want his girl friend to ride a scooter. he wants to build the dependency to control her. that is what i think.

ravi,

i was surprised that gopinath did not pull him up, for he usually sticks up for women's pov. here the guy, i think, just got a pat on the wrist.

i thought she looked too good looking for this :) she would do good not to marry him, for he looks like a control freak, and once the thali falls on the neck, it is going to be முள் வேலி for her. when i see the attitudes of some of these guys, i freak out.

plainly he does not want his girl friend to ride a scooter. he wants to build the dependency to control her. that is what i think.

Shri Kunjuppu,

Excuse me to say that, you are being too harsh in judging this guy's intentions!!

And being sympathetic towards a girl, considering her life possibly gonna be a hell marrying this guy.

The girl in question is today's girl, personally knows the guy well and can know if she can be happy marrying him or not, considering his attitude, intentions, thoughts and his whole personality.

Sometimes some men go overboard to consider a guy a real villain in their attempt to express their sympathy to a girl AND Glorify a girl beyond reasonable limits to keep her happy. Both of these extremes are not good.

I don't think you fall under category of such men.

I am surprised that even the ability to drive is considered an issue for males and they feel females become less dependent on them!LOL

I guess they have to come out of their shell..what if the wife is not working nearby his office?
Is he going to send her to work and then he goes to work?

Or if she is a housewife..does she have to wait for him to come home and then go grocery shopping.

Isnt it easier if a wife can drive car or any vehicle so that she can lessen the load on her husband?

Out here in one house there are at least 2 cars.

One for the wife to use and another for the husband and when the children become teens there will be another car for them to drive to school.

I used to drive to school when I turned 17..here everyone wants to learn driving to be able to lessen the burden on parents or spouse.

I am surprised that even the ability to drive is considered an issue for males and they feel females become less dependent on them!LOL

I guess they have to come out of their shell..what if the wife is not working nearby his office?
Is he going to send her to work and then he goes to work?

Or if she is a housewife..does she have to wait for him to come home and then go grocery shopping.

Isnt it easier if a wife can drive car or any vehicle so that she can lessen the load on her husband?

Out here in one house there are at least 2 cars.

One for the wife to use and another for the husband and when the children become teens there will be another car for them to drive to school.

I used to drive to school when I turned 17..here everyone wants to learn driving to be able to lessen the burden on parents or spouse.

dear renu,

welcome to the world of tamilnadu males :(

dear renu,

welcome to the world of tamilnadu males :(

Dear Kunjs,

Something is seriously lacking here...I feel TN guys need to feel good about themselves.

Once a person feels good about himself he will exert less control on another person.

But what I am surprised is even though they do not seem to like the idea of their wife driving but if the wife gives brings a car as a dowry they will jump in joy!

Where are you ?

Scooters out of market! Honda Activa is the hottest selling scooter in Maharashtra and Gujarat. It has a waiting list of two months. I do not know about TN.

In a country where women had skillfully driven chariots and assisted their husbands in battle for example Sathyabama and Kaikeyi..I find it hard to figure out why men in TN have a problem with women driving.

Just to give some local TN flavor...after all Kannagi did "drive" Kovalan to the house of Madhavi by carrying him in a basket...it was no 2 wheeler or 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler but she still transported him there.

Last edited:
There is gender equality here. Both with two wheelers and four wheelers.

RAVI Sir Thanks,

Hi Everybody

I just couldn't figure-out as to what the Saudi Traffic Laws have to do with a lady driving
a four-wheeler / two-wheeler in Tamil Nadu ! Then, suddenly Dr Renu brings in Rukmini, Sathya Bhama,
Valli & Deivyani and would probably go on elaborate that it was actually Parvati Devi 'driving'
Nandi to the destinations that a stoic Lord Shiva wanted to go to!

Women not being allowed to drive vehicles in Saudi Arabia may have more to do with some distorted
interpretation of the Wahabi system - ladies do drive in other GCC Countries - my wife has been driving
all over the UAE - it's a different matter altogether that [in general] women are the worst navigators
and frequently get lost, because they just can't read maps. Angular parking is another disaster.

Whether women can drive a vehicle or not, is debatable - surely they know how to 'drive' a man up-the-wall.

Ha ha - probably the only time a woman is NOT looking into the mirror, is when she is backing her
car out of the garage !

Waiting for the next one from Dr Renu.

WARNING - seen a woman behind the wheel - just RUN.

Yay Yem

Hi Everybody

I just couldn't figure-out as to what the Saudi Traffic Laws have to do with a lady driving
a four-wheeler / two-wheeler in Tamil Nadu ! Then, suddenly Dr Renu brings in Rukmini, Sathya Bhama,
Valli & Deivyani and would probably go on elaborate that it was actually Parvati Devi 'driving'
Nandi to the destinations that a stoic Lord Shiva wanted to go to!

Women not being allowed to drive vehicles in Saudi Arabia may have more to do with some distorted
interpretation of the Wahabi system - ladies do drive in other GCC Countries - my wife has been driving
all over the UAE - it's a different matter altogether that [in general] women are the worst navigators
and frequently get lost, because they just can't read maps. Angular parking is another disaster.

Whether women can drive a vehicle or not, is debatable - surely they know how to 'drive' a man up-the-wall.

Ha ha - probably the only time a woman is NOT looking into the mirror, is when she is backing her
car out of the garage !

Waiting for the next one from Dr Renu.

WARNING - seen a woman behind the wheel - just RUN.

Yay Yem

Dear AM ji,

Ok you asked for it.

Before that I will admit that I am being down right honest here.

I am a good driver..passed my driving test in one go and with good marks.

Clean record...never been fined for speeding of breaking traffic rules.

I can park car parallel parking or reverse parking very well.

I do not like automatic cars cos I love stick shift..It has a better pick up.

But I do admit I prefer my fathers driving than my mothers driving!LOL

My mum can be a speed racer..even till this age..she drives faster than my father.

She is one the of fastest grandmum on wheels!

Ok now coming to women drivers .....I must admit that out here women drivers seldom cause accidents as they seldom break traffic rules but women drivers can be inconsiderate and block traffic at times.

Some double park behind other cars to go in a store and we have to wait for them to finish their shopping before we can remove our vehicle.

Men who double park usually run back fast into their cars and say sorry and drive off but some female stare at you as if saying "Can't you wait ah??""

Then we have some female drivers who road hog...their cars will be in the middle of both lanes and they will drive as if their husband owns the road!

On Sundays...never ever trail behind a female driver...Sunday is rest day so their brains go to rest too and some drive so freaking slow that you wish your car had wings to overtake them.

Out here it is considered rude to use horn for nothing at all so we seldom use it.

Ok now coming to the male driver!

Well some can be dangerous..they drive into emergency lanes and have caused death of people who had stopped in the emergency lanes.

Many males Text(SMS) and drive and also many males drink and drive too.

Male drivers tend to show you hand gestures when they get angry!LOL

Males tend to drive real fast especially on highways and the death toll during festive seasons are high.

So my final diagnosis is female drivers can be annoying but male drivers can be dangerous.

Just to add AM ji...It is a known fact that men park cars better than women cos nature had endowed the male with the ability to get in and out of tight places easily.

Last edited:
Dr Renu

Yep. I agree - women put men the "tightest spot" ever possible - instinctively, [ now don't
go into karma/dharma ] men learn to survive - I guess Thiru Karthikeyan would have the best
take on the subject.

Just look at any parking lot anywhere in the world - you can pick the vehicles 'put' there by women
[ 'park' is too refined a word to describe how that vehicle came to being there ] . Most often it is a
valet [male] or a parking lot attendant [male] or just another driver [male] who is called upon to
extricate that pitiable machine from that mess - sometimes defying the laws of gravity & equilibrium !

Ok, I still don't understand what all this has to do with the traffic rules in Saudi Arabia !

Yay Yem

Dr Renu

Yep. I agree - women put men the "tightest spot" ever possible - instinctively, [ now don't
go into karma/dharma ] men learn to survive - I guess Thiru Karthikeyan would have the best
take on the subject.

Aiyooooo Thiru Karthikeyan is my father!LOL

Out here in all of us have National Registration Identity Cards and our names match the name as in our birth certificate and we do not add husbands name behind our name after marriage becos of this.

Further more my name in my ID has to match my name in my Practicing Cert..so one has to use only the maiden name.

Last edited:
Dear AM ji,

Ok now coming to the male driver!

Well some can be dangerous..they drive into emergency lanes and have caused death of people who had stopped in the emergency lanes.

Many males Text(SMS) and drive and also many males drink and drive too.

Here is an example of a dangerous male driver

Attachments

• accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 84
neeya-naana-09-06-2013-vijay-tvl

This is one of the best neeya naana. Starts off slowly but picks up momentum and ends with a splash.

It pits female two wheel drivers against men. Period.

Amazing what comes out – there is one lady who is allowed to drive only 3 kms radius from her house. But is used by the family for any errands or shopping within the 3 km radius. They feel that is one way to control her.

A young man (front row glasses named arun) is so articulate – in expressing his outlook. He is a liberated yet thoughtful guy. He can accept his girlfriend driving. But not his mother, while at the same time realizing that the ability to drive by oneself, gives an element of freedom and independence. His mother has asked the men in the house, to take her out, and many a times faced a rude NO. and disappointed went away. Arun expresses his dilemma very well, and analyses that he is part of the middle generation, faced with the changing role of women.

Also attacked are the various cat calls and teasings faced by women two wheelers. Once again, as in another thread, many men, find it the ‘fault’ of women – for looking pretty and able to drive!!

Last but not least, the confession of many women, that in addition to the confidence, it gave them some arrogance and one tracked thinking and decision making. Surprisingly honest.

A must watch show. Tells us a lot about men. and women. and changing India.

I tried to post but apparently I was logged out.

What is the connection to Saudi women? Are you trying to draw a parallel between India and Saudi on this issue?

Dr Renu

Oops, I almost made a mess - still, his take on the subject is not likely to be very much
different, especially when it comes to men being put in 'tight spots'.

Ok, I am sure, as a young girl, you slept peacefully in the car while your Dad drove it,
cuddled and secure that you were in safe hands, but stayed awake, alert and held on to
whatever you could, while your Mom drove the same car - as though you were in a roller-coaster !

Men [ addicts of alcohol and other Nacro substances exempted ] don't drive - they create music and harmony
while women create noise and chaos resulting in high BP and hypertension in the innocent, un-assuming
passengers passively bound to their seats, having to endure the ordeal in silence!

Again. how is all this connected to the Traffic Rules in Saudi Arabia ?

Yay Yem

Dr Renu

Oops, I almost made a mess - still, his take on the subject is not likely to be very much
different, especially when it comes to men being put in 'tight spots'.

Ok, I am sure, as a young girl, you slept peacefully in the car while your Dad drove it,
cuddled and secure that you were in safe hands, but stayed awake, alert and held on to
whatever you could, while your Mom drove the same car - as though you were in a roller-coaster !

Men [ addicts of alcohol and other Nacro substances exempted ] don't drive - they create music and harmony
while women create noise and chaos resulting in high BP and hypertension in the innocent, un-assuming
passengers passively bound to their seats, having to endure the ordeal in silence!

Again. how is all this connected to the Traffic Rules in Saudi Arabia ?

Yay Yem

Dear AM ji,

Nope....I do not have the habit of sleeping in a car no matter how long the distance is..even when I was a child.

I remember when my father drove us long distances everyone including my mum would sleep but I would keep awake cos I feel "pity" that the person driving needs to keep awake and I will force myself to be awake no matter what time of the day it was.

So whether it was my mum or dad driving or even a cab driver..believe me I wont sleep.

I still remember me telling my mum "slow down slow down"

She also hates wearing her seat belt!LOL

For me I am a good girl even when I am in India in a cab I still wear my seat belt when I am seated in the back seat and the cab driver told me "madam here you dont have to wear seat belt at the back"

I replied him "yes I know but I got used to this rule in my country and for safety reasons I am wearing mine"

You are wrong again...not all women love to nag when sitting in a car..nagging distracts the driver..so wait till reaching the destination and then nag!LOL

Yes you are right...I wonder how Saudia Arabia comes into the picture...its like the famous AR Rahman Song "Mustapha Mustapha Don't worry Mustaptha" when no one in the movie had the name Mustapha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back