• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sai lives on

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is not so far away. He is not in the heavens above , nor in the hell below. He is always near u. ..... SathyaSai Baba

Sai Inspires - May 23, 2011

The Lord and His Name are both one, but the sweetness of the Name is seldom found in the Form. When the name ‘rose’ is remembered, its fragrance, tender petals, and deep colour spring to memory; its thorns and the trouble that one has undergone to get the flower are all forgotten. On the other hand, if its origin and previous story are considered, and if the plant, leaves, and branches are taken into account, the flower — the most important, most beautiful, and most attractive part — is likely to be forgotten and only the rest of the plant discussed. Therefore, crave for the Lord's Name rather than the Form.
– Dhyana Vahini, Chap 7: "Remember God's Name and Meditate".

Mere repetition of the names of the Lord is not enough; you should engage yourself in His work. – Baba

“When losses or calamites occur, when plans go awry, the devotee blames the Lord. Some on the other hand, pray to Him to save them. If complete faith is placed in the Lord at all times, why should He deny you His Grace?” (Prema Vahini)

To SAI DEVOTS,as well people having faith in brahminical values ,who respects vedhas and

scritures . I have a serious as well a true doubt.I have faith in saluting all sanyasis alike.
Generally when a person dies we say "he has attained sivalokaprapthi, vaikunda prapthi,acharyan thiruvadi,(not naming any particular acharyan)By this we proclaim that the dead person is no longer in this world.We brahmins believe they are in PITHUR LOKAM.So we do srardham every year on their death day specifically on the same month and thithi. Now my doubt is when a Sai devoti dies their wards pronounce that he has joined the feet of satyasai.Saibaba is a living legent .When we say he has joined the feet of a living person we mean that the departed has not left this world.Do we have to perform srardham for such persons,are sai devoties are performing srardham.

To SAI DEVOTS,as well people having faith in brahminical values ,who respects vedhas and

scritures . I have a serious as well a true doubt.I have faith in saluting all sanyasis alike.
Generally when a person dies we say "he has attained sivalokaprapthi, vaikunda prapthi,acharyan thiruvadi,(not naming any particular acharyan)By this we proclaim that the dead person is no longer in this world.We brahmins believe they are in PITHUR LOKAM.So we do srardham every year on their death day specifically on the same month and thithi. Now my doubt is when a Sai devoti dies their wards pronounce that he has joined the feet of satyasai.Saibaba is a living legent .When we say he has joined the feet of a living person we mean that the departed has not left this world.Do we have to perform srardham for such persons,are sai devoties are performing srardham.

Dear sir,
You know when anyone dies we just say kind words that he/she goes to the Feet of their Ishta Dev or the Loka of their Ishta Dev.
Sai devotees also say that cos they believe in Sathya Sai Baba.. but to be frank..none of us really know where a departed person goes after death..it could be any loka..and i dont really expect the divide and rule policy in the after world too.

I know about Shraddas preformed by Brahmins and Non Brahmins alike even out here in Malaysia but to me frankly speaking I leave everything to God.
He knows best upon death what we deserve and each one of us comes with our own Karma.
So in that total surrender concept I do not subscribe to Shraddas and neither I expect anyone to do it for me when I am dead.

Sai devotees are no different from anyone..they are just people following the teachings of Sai(if they actually follow) so all beliefs in rituals and tradition will be the same as anyone else.
There is no or not much difference.

Just to add..We only leave the body upon death and we are still very much present.

Last edited:
Dear Renu, your reply is your belief.I wanted certain clarification to enligten me.Will any learned person clear my doubt.

Dear Renu, your reply is your belief.I wanted certain clarification to enligten me.Will any learned person clear my doubt.

Dear wrongan,
My reply is not a belief..its an option in Sanathana Dharma.
Believe me all practises of Shraddam is routinely done for Sai Devotees of Brahmin or Non Brahmin origin.
The only requirement for Shraddam is Death and not the destination after death.
So on technical grounds any dead Hindu individual is entitled to Shraddam immaterial of his/her Ishta Dev.

Last edited:
Dear wrongan,
Believe me all practises of Shraddam is routinely done for Sai Devotees of Brahmin or Non Brahmin origin.
So on technical grounds any dead Hindu individual is entitled to Shraddam immaterial of his/her Ishta Dev-------------------------------------------------------------------.Dear Renu ,Again your reply is not the answer I expected.You have quoted general practice Which generally all hindus may be knowing.You have stated that srardham is done to all departed souls irrespective where it has gone.There are certain exceptions for not doing annual rituals.To mention one example any one does athmahathi.I have some knowledge in scriptures ,sastras and vedhas.I requires a post doctorate level answer and to me your answer is kintergarten level.I expect authentic answer from any knowledgeable person.I am answer hungry.

Dear wrongan,
So on technical grounds any dead Hindu individual is entitled to Shraddam immaterial of his/her Ishta Dev-------------------------------------------------------------------.Dear Renu ,Again your reply is not the answer I expected.You have quoted general practice Which generally all hindus may be knowing.You have stated that srardham is done to all departed souls irrespective where it has gone.There are certain exceptions for not doing annual rituals.To mention one example any one does athmahathi.I have some knowledge in scriptures ,sastras and vedhas.I requires a post doctorate level answer and to me your answer is kintergarten level.I expect authentic answer from any knowledgeable person.I am answer hungry.

Dear sir,
lets wait for someone else to answer before that lets ponder on this point:

विद्या विनयं ददाति

Vidyaa Vinayam Dadaati.

Last edited:
does your reply has any relevance to the subject under discussion.

Dear Sir,
I just post songs in this thread as Renu posts all nice devotional songs here and its a nice thread here..has a peaceful feeling.
It has no relevance to the subject you were discussing with Renu.

regards
Brahin.

Sai Inspires - May 26, 2011

A special feature about Namasmarana (repetition of the Divine Name) is this: it is possible to acquire various Siddhis (occult powers) through Yoga and Tapas (penance). And there is every likelihood of the Lord being forgotten when these powers come. Blinded by this pride, a person might even let go of the basic victory won by spiritual practices. This is not the case with remembrance of the Name, repetition of the Name, and meditation; no such dangers beset these paths. These three paths ensure that the Prema (Love) in the devotee's heart grows more and more. Through Love, Shanti (Peace) is achieved. Once peace of mind is achieved, all other benefits are automatically attained.

– Dhyana Vahini, Chap 7: "Remember God and Meditate".
Universal peace depends on the peace of the society,
which in turn depends on the peace of the individual. – Baba

Sai Inspires - May 28, 2011

Neither liberation from the cycle of birth and death nor purity of intellect and emotions is possible without devotion to the Lord. Those who have the spring of ecstatic devotion to the Presence of the Lord within them do not need any texts to ponder over. The very contemplation on the beauty, grace, and power of the Lord will give them the bliss they seek. In that ecstatic mood, they discard all self-consciousness and yearn to become the beloved of God, and remain in blissful union with Him. They dance and sing aloud and merge with Him in genuine joy and ananda (bliss). The agony of the devotee to attain their beloved Lord is the true sign of devotion.
– Sathya Sai Vahini, Chap 12: "Values in Later Texts"
Happiness cannot be experienced through spiritual practices.
It can be experienced only through Divine Love. – Baba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back