• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reservation for Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Sri hoover Ji,

You do not seem to understand that we are all proud of our heritage and you seem to think that your thinking is exclusively the right one.

You are, in my opinion, being rude to Srimathi Happy Hindu Ji. Being an angry young man about our condition is one thing. Being rude to others in this Forum is entirely different. What she asked of you is a very legitimate question. Why don't you answer her and Professor Nara Ji, who are engaged in polite conversation with you. After all, is that not the objective of this Forum? To encourage amity between all of us?

You are welcome to espouse your opinions here, as much as anyone, but you do not have the right to insult a fellow Forum members.

As I have said, unless your proper response to this request is received by me as a Moderator, all your other posts will be removed henceforth from this Forum.

Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

thank you good luck with the regiment of ultra liberals, cheerleaders of Brahmin persecution, void intellectualist, supporters of compromised quality human resource, seers of means of deadly end to brahmin community, icm bussinessman. thank you again.
It is good to be a servant of wise than a master of fools.

Dear Sri hoover Ji,

We have seen the likes of you before in this Forum. You can only spread hatred, without any solutions. You seem like a young man. A young man should not have this much of hatred.

I am not banning you as a member, but I will unceremoniously remove all your postings henceforth.

If you want to have a civil conversation with others, you are welcome back any time. Just, let me know.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri. KRS Sir,

Greetings. I wish to bring to your kind attention, your moderation note in post #652 in this thread, please. (I am under the impression, Sri.Hoover is a male). I am of the opinion, Sri. Hoover may not understand the meaning for the word 'ratification'. If he did, he may not have written this
government of indias decision of caste census and full support of all parties to it is ratifiaction of views of our grat forefathers.
. Secondly, his message in post #643 is not particularly offensive to anyone (except, politicians, may be). This was his message
government of indias decision of caste census and full support of all parties to it is ratifiaction of views of our grat forefathers. In other parts of the world this segrgation was kept hidden and it inflicted vary inhuman persecution on the weaks. everyone including animals and trees have a place in indian sociey, it is not the case in other parts of the world. Caste system is vary badly used in india by politicians, and policy of reservations is the key to that politics.
Sow. Happy Hindu asked him
In what manner is Government of India's decision of caste census a ratification of your great forefathers' views?
. Sri.Hoover was exclusive in that message; the question was not about 'our forefathers', but, 'your forefathers''.

I sincerely believe he has a right to say
I think they are not your forefathers so you dont need to care about their views.

In my humble opinion, your message to Sri. Hoover in post #647 as quoted here
I know Srimathi happyhindu ji as a committed Hindu. I assume you are a [COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][COLOR=#DA7911 ! important]Hindu[/COLOR][/COLOR]
as well. If it is so, don't you think that yore 'great forefathers' are hers as well.
does not sound right, because Sow. Happy Hindu already posted an exclusive message.

In my opinion, Sri. Hoover may not be restricted in this instance. He expressed his opinions without offending anyone.

Nobody cared to ask him to explain what he meant by 'our grat forefathers'. Unless that term is clearly defined, others may not claim to share his version of 'our grat forefathers'; for all one knows, he could be mentioning about his own father, his grand father, his great grand father........

Sri. Hoover's English is not that great; he does not seem to understand Tamizh either. I don't think he has much of debating skills either. In such a situation, it is very easy for the emotions to work over-time.

I request you to reconsider the restriction on Sri.Hoover's posts please. With proper guidance, he may write more nicer messages in the future. Thank you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sri. Hoover's English is not that great; he does not seem to understand Tamizh either. I don't think he has much of debating skills either. In such a situation, it is very easy for the emotions to work over-time.
Cheers!

raghy,

this is hoover's quote

thank you good luck with the regiment of ultra liberals, cheerleaders of Brahmin persecution, void intellectualist, supporters of compromised quality human resource, seers of means of deadly end to brahmin community, icm bussinessman. thank you again. It is good to be a servant of wise than a master of fools'

to me, it sound like he understands english only too well. i have found, that so far, he is angry, and nothing more.

there has been visalakshi ramani, who has been his cheerleader, but i have not read any other significant comments about his views. personally, i think, his whole set of replies were directed at happy hindu. it is not the first time, we have seen personal attacks on her based on her heritage.

such attacks have come always from those without any substance, and what i think, bordering on insolent ignorance. these might provide an element of comedy to the forum, in a rather perverse way, but i do not think they add anything either to the substance or decorum of this group.

i would indeed miss any articulate voice for status quo, but i don't know if the abovequoted rant, qualifies for such.

people have to grow up.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Raghy Ji,

I have requested Sri hoover ji, three times, one by way of comment and twice by the way of asking for clarification either to me or by a response to Srimathi HH ji's question and/or to Professor Nara's question. By electing to not answer my concern that he is being rude, he has reinforced the point that he is.

I think, with all due respect to all, this Forum has seen in recent times all sorts of name calling etc., necessitating by Sri Praveen to revisit the rules.

If Sri hoover ji answered that he did not mean to insult anyone and had offered an explanation, then there are no issues. Instead he went on a different lecture altogether. As I have said, he is welcome back anytime if he explains his comment in proper context and continues on a civil dialog with Srimathi hh ji. Just saying that my ancestry is different from yours does not answer the straight forward question posed by Srimathi hh ji. It is an insult because it has nothing to do with anyone's ancestry but because Srimathi hh ji is a nb, he did not want to answer her. If one is a member of this forum and if one makes blanket statements like that, that makes it uncivil. We are all guests in this forum.

Hope this explains.

Regards,
KRS

....I think, with all due respect to all, this Forum has seen in recent times all sorts of name calling etc., necessitating by Sri Praveen to revisit the rules.

Folks, we have generally had spirited discussions without getting too uncivil. We were able to manage the occasional transgressions among ourselves. But, in the recent past things have started going out of hand. Mr. Hoover is one who wouldn't or couldn't go beyond being always angry and quite frequently offensive.

Given the present condition I welcome some active moderation. Shri KRS has done it before and I am confident he will fulfill his duties without fear or favor. My hope is we members do not make it necessary for him to intercede too often, and, when his hand is forced, he would deal with the situation through PM first and go public when suitable amends are not made by the offending member.

Best wishes to Shri KRS and I pledge to work with him if an occasion arises when I give cause to be taken to the woodshed.

Cheers!

F.......... if an occasion arises when I give cause to be taken to the woodshed.

Cheers!

dear dear nara,

is that a teaser old boy? i cannot help but treat myself to a hearty chuckle at this challenge (perhaps to yourself?)..should i take on the bookie role and ask for wagers?

Why HH has not posted anything on Hoover's posting. I feel that this subject is ticklish and therefore calls for extra leniency from the moderators. I feel Hoover has been provoked first by the moderator for response that he has made. It is also a general view that intelligent Brahmins seldom get along with another easily. Banning may cost the forum valuable inputs. We have to get along both as friends and foes in such discussions.

I have found Shri Hoover to be a person who has many grievances and is an angry young (?) man who would like to change the tambram society, and, if possible India itself, according to his vision. But he has not been clear about the cause/s for his anger and what his solution or vision is. Perhaps we will be able to better appreciate him and his posts if he tells us these in a lucid manner.

Why HH has not posted anything on Hoover's posting. I feel that this subject is ticklish and therefore calls for extra leniency from the moderators. I feel Hoover has been provoked first by the moderator for response that he has made. It is also a general view that intelligent Brahmins seldom get along with another easily. Banning may cost the forum valuable inputs. We have to get along both as friends and foes in such discussions.

harini,

i think happy hindu has given enough of herself re asking hoover for clarification, which has not been forthcoming.

let us not generalize that intelligent brahmins do not get along easily..as this gets into realm of intelligence and brahmins..and we can start a whole new thread on presumption and facts.

it is important that we should be friends irrespective of what we believe. this takes a mindset, to separate the person from his/her views. why should you and i not be friends? it does not make sense to make enemies, just because we disagree on some subjects. there will be hundreds others, where we will sing in duets :)

i agree with sangom, hoover or whatever his moniker is, can start at the very beginning and walk us through step by step as to where he started and where he is now. he is articulate enough when he wants. i suspect that many of postings are just meant to provoke. he needs to open up if he wants to be a contributing member. otherwise it would be hasta lavista for him. :)

Sri.Hoover sir,

Greetings. Just because I stand for you, kindly don't think I support your way of expressing your views; I don't. I only stand for your right to express your views although I don't agree with any of your views. I request you to look at posts #127 and #129 here.

You are required to voice your opinions in the most civilised manner if you want others to pay attention to your messages. You need not be right at all. You could say that the earth is flat; if you expressed your opinions in a polite way, not only you would be listened, but also people would not ridicule you based on your belief.

Maintaining a civilised conversation is not a very difficult task. One has to have a conviction to follow decorum in his/her conversation. I am looking forward to read quality messages from you.

Cheers!

Sri.KRS sir said -

I have requested Sri hoover ji, three times, one by way of comment and twice by the way of asking for clarification either to me or by a response to Srimathi HH ji's question and/or to Professor Nara's question. By electing to not answer my concern that he is being rude, he has reinforced the point that he is.

Sri. KRS sir, greetings. It may be quite possible Sri. Hoover may have decided to leave the forum with that outburst in post #652. I may be batting for a lost cause. That situation not withstanding, I wish to continue my appeal. I don't see why Sri.Hoover's right to refuse to reply to Sow.HH should be denied. On several occassions Sri. Hoover had witnessed his caste brahmin forefathers were discussed in not so nice terms in this forum. It is quite possible Sri.Hoover (and some more members) may have taken to their heart that their forfathers are insulted in this forum. (by the way, I may not be considered in such a group; I don't know who my forefathers are anyway). In such a sensitive situation, one should not be surprised if Sri.Hoover refused to reply any quries when it was put as "your great forefathers"; naturally such qurie would draw an overly defensive reaction which can be seen as offensive by others.

Sri. Hoover did not require to say that he was not insulting anyone. His message in post #643 is not insulting anyone; no one need to get offended by that message. He had no reason to explain that message to anyone to prove he is not offending anyone.

Just like others, Sri.Hoover would have recently agreed to the terms and condition of moderation. That undertaking means, he comes in with a clean slate. He should not be judged from what he said before.

I agree with you Sri. Hoover needs to improve the way he presents his opinions.

Sri.Hoover's of this forum may consider this forum as a place of respite. We do not really know what he or people like him went through in life just because they are born in that caste. Their sensitivities should be taken in consideration too. There are somany threads where caste brahmins and their forefathers are criticised quite heavily. I have done such criticism too. There is only a thin line between heavy criticism and insulting. When a person gets frustrated, his/her language may not be that sweet. When moderators moderate Sri.Hoover's of this forum, they should think about the other side of the coin too, please.

When moderators expect politically correct messages from Sri.Hoovers, moderators also should assure political correctness for Sri.Hoovers and their sensitivities.

I agree Sri.Hoover should once again assure the administration to uphold civility in his messages. I don't think Sri.hoover ows any explantion to anyone with respect to his message in post #643. Thank you.

Cheers!

raghy,

this is hoover's quote

thank you good luck with the regiment of ultra liberals, cheerleaders of Brahmin persecution, void intellectualist, supporters of compromised quality human resource, seers of means of deadly end to brahmin community, icm bussinessman. thank you again. It is good to be a servant of wise than a master of fools'

to me, it sound like he understands english only too well. i have found, that so far, he is angry, and nothing more.

there has been visalakshi ramani, who has been his cheerleader, but i have not read any other significant comments about his views. personally, i think, his whole set of replies were directed at happy hindu. it is not the first time, we have seen personal attacks on her based on her heritage.

such attacks have come always from those without any substance, and what i think, bordering on insolent ignorance. these might provide an element of comedy to the forum, in a rather perverse way, but i do not think they add anything either to the substance or decorum of this group.

i would indeed miss any articulate voice for status quo, but i don't know if the abovequoted rant, qualifies for such.

people have to grow up.

Sri. Kunjuppu sir,

Greetings. I fully agree with your views. I did not take Sri.Hoover's outburst in post #652 seriously. It was more like reactionary outburst. I had only few interactions with Sri.Hoover, all of them criticising his views and his way of expressing his views.

Having said all of that, I will stand for Sri.Hoover's right to express his views although I agree with none of them. I agree, people have to grow up; my instinct says Sri.Hoover would change, but at times my instinct failed too!

Cheers!

Dear Sri Raghy Ji,

Before anyone gets the idea that this forum would curtail anyone's free speech rights, let me assure you that this issue has nothing to do with it.

People who know me from the past, know that I actually have stood on the side of the right of anyone to talk freely on everything under the sun, except for a few topics that may offend the sensibilities of our members, guided by the broad principle of 'Matha, Pitha, Guru Deivam'.

I have not banned Sri hoover Ji. I have only asked for an explanation. Yet, I am sorry to say that he has posted, which I had to delete, since this conversation began.

I do not want to be harsh. But, please keep in mind that 'the moderator's decision is final' as established by Sri Praveen. By the way, Sow. Harini Ji, I did not 'provoke' Sri hoover Ji. He provoked.

Regards,
KRS

Sri.KRS sir said -

I have not banned Sri hoover Ji. I have only asked for an explanation. Yet, I am sorry to say that he has posted, which I had to delete, since this conversation began.

Sri. KRS sir, Greetings. I am quite aware, I could be batting for a lost cause. I know 'moderators decisions are final'; that's why I 'appealed'. There is a difference between 'questioning' and 'appealing'.

I have full faith in your moderation. I have seen it before. I wish to make myself clear, I did not start this 'appealing process' due to dissatisfaction; but only to encourage Sri.Hoover to change his ways.

Thank you very much for your patience with me.

Cheers!

Sri. KRS Sir,

Greetings. I wish to bring to your kind attention, your moderation note in post #652 in this thread, please. (I am under the impression, Sri.Hoover is a male). I am of the opinion, Sri. Hoover may not understand the meaning for the word 'ratification'. If he did, he may not have written this . Secondly, his message in post #643 is not particularly offensive to anyone (except, politicians, may be). This was his message Sow. Happy Hindu asked him . Sri.Hoover was exclusive in that message; the question was not about 'our forefathers', but, 'your forefathers''.

I sincerely believe he has a right to say .

In my humble opinion, your message to Sri. Hoover in post #647 as quoted here does not sound right, because Sow. Happy Hindu already posted an exclusive message.

In my opinion, Sri. Hoover may not be restricted in this instance. He expressed his opinions without offending anyone.

Nobody cared to ask him to explain what he meant by 'our grat forefathers'. Unless that term is clearly defined, others may not claim to share his version of 'our grat forefathers'; for all one knows, he could be mentioning about his own father, his grand father, his great grand father........

I request you to reconsider the restriction on Sri.Hoover's posts please. With proper guidance, he may write more nicer messages in the future. Thank you.

Cheers!
Shri KRS,

Permit me to say that Smt. Happy Hindu's use of the words "your great forefathers" is also not very appropriate since shri Hoover had used "our grat forefathers" and not "my great forefathers". To me this means that Smt. Happy Hindu was viewing the forefathers referred to by shri Hoover as some one distinct from her forefathers. Any further analysis of this may not be necessary, I suppose. Shri Hoover's reply to that was polite and appropriate also, I feel. Hence, whatever action may be taken, it should not be based on the abovesaid exchange of words, IMHO. We will be punishing for no mistake on the part of Shri Hoover after putting up with so many provocative statements from him in the past.

Dear sangom ji,

No one is 'punishing' anyone here. Yes, Srimathi HH Ji used words that may be subject to semantic interpretations. I took one view of it.

That is why I have asked for clarification from Sri hoover Ji. In the absence of it, I have no other option.

Regards,
KRS

We will be punishing for no mistake on the part of Shri Hoover after putting up with so many provocative statements from him in the past.
Dear Shri Sangom, often times the last straw may not be very significant, it may even be just a feather of a peacock (h/t Thiruvalluvar). After loads and loads of offensive outbursts and refusal to even attempt to provide simple explanation, I am unable to see what a moderator can do other than what was done to Hoover.

I don't take back seat to anyone when it comes to free speech. Hoover was given an opportunity to explain, but he chose not to. Right from the start he has been punting any and all reasonable questions. Noting that his membership was not revoked, and that he is still free to participate, the consternation expressed seems to me as much ado about not a whole lot. IMO, due process was followed.

Finally, this forum has tolerated, and may I say even appreciated, sometimes, an EVR defending avowed non-believer like me. So, I don't see any reason why Hoover cannot be a fully participating member with all the privileges, if only he can meet the minimal standards of civil discourse expected from all members.

Cheers!

Sri KRS Ji,

I request you if possible please do not delete the posts of Shri Hoover. They offer valuable insights into the scourge of casteism.

Shri Sangom Sir and Shri Raghy,

I request you to go thru the postings of Janmajeya and Vamanan (who always made it clear that ‘brahmin’ descent is exclusive to ‘brahmins’ alone). They are not the only ones. There are other posters also who think they descended from Brahma. One also mentioned that a brahmin is an adobe of brahma. So the ‘brahmin’ mentality is rather clear when it comes to origins, descent, lineages and so on. I also request you to go thru Hoover’s past postings in which he has always been clear of his (that is, brahmin) exclusivity. It wud be useless to ask such a man a question using a shared identity term, which is why i asked him a question using the term “your” forefathers. The question however was not to focus on the forefathers issue per se. It was meant to be linked to the the caste census. And i have not received a reply from him yet reg the main question on caste census.

Shri Hoover,

I find your posts very interesting. And thank you for the replies. I have a few questions though.

In post 650 you have conveyed that the image of your forefathers is being deplored. May I know why do you feel their “image” is being deplored? Do you feel they cared for an “image” as much you possibly care for an “image”? And do you think they cared to be ‘great” as much as you possibly seem to want to be?

In what ways do you think ‘they’ are ‘your’ forefathers alone (or those of brahmins alone) and not those of others? Is there any method, using which, you have established that they are your forefathers?

And finally, again, in what manner is the Government of India's decision of caste census a ratification of your great forefathers' views?

Even if you do not answer any of the questions, it is ok. However, I request you to answer the one on caste-census. Why do you feel caste census has come about as a ratification of the views of your forefathers?

I asked you the question because in the same post you also mentioned that “Caste system is vary badly used in india by politicians, and policy of reservations is the key to that politics.” So are you conveying that caste census, your forefathers’ views and the policy of reservations are all linked?

Regards.

Shri Sangom Sir and Shri Raghy,

I request you to go thru the postings of Janmajeya and Vamanan (who always made it clear that ‘brahmin’ descent is exclusive to ‘brahmins’ alone). They are not the only ones. There are other posters also who think they descended from Brahma. One also mentioned that a brahmin is an adobe of brahma. So the ‘brahmin’ mentality is rather clear when it comes to origins, descent, lineages and so on. I also request you to go thru Hoover’s past postings in which he has always been clear of his (that is, brahmin) exclusivity. It wud be useless to ask such a man a question using a shared identity term, which is why i asked him a question using the term “your” forefathers. The question however was not to focus on the forefathers issue per se. It was meant to be linked to the the caste census. And i have not received a reply from him yet reg the main question on caste census.
Smt. Happy Hindu,

I understand your side. But to any third party it might appear in a different light and I suppose you will agree with that. If, for example, you had written "the great forefathers" or "our great forefathers", instead of "your" perhaps it might have elicited a response from Shri Hoover, I think.

I do not know what exactly you mean by the term 'brahmin mentality'. After all there is little bit of caste consciousness lurking in many of us and, for those residing in India, the caste identity gets reiterated on several occasions in their day to day life. Some may pride themselves on their caste; in fact that is the truth as regards the vast majority of Indians in India, especially in the small towns and villages.

I think Shri Hoover wanted to say that despite all the talk of secularism, egalitarianism, etc., the socialistic GOI itself has now been compelled to admit the reality of castes as a very vital factor in India. Thus, what our ancients (forefathers) said or devised - viz., the caste system - has been such a strong (and, therefore, good by implication) aspect of treating the population. Such might have been Shri Hoover's thoughts, from his vantage point of being a brahmin by birth. He may not be able to imagine what it was for the Sudras and Dalits through a long period of history; in a very pragmatic sense why should he? Now that brahmins' lot has become unenviable, he is all complaints, grievances and outbursts. But you will observe that many other members here also feel why the present generations of brahmins should be made to suffer for others' wrongs. Therefore, I feel that Hoover's is not essentially a different view point but the manner of expression is very emotional and provocative. This is my humble opinion, please.

to moderator:-

respected moderator, what is the idea behind permitting , encouraging NBs to this forum, when this site i is exclusively meant for tamizhbrahmins. what an NB could contribute to the welfare of our community, when NBs had already teamed up against TBs for last 50 years? what is there for a tb to learn from nb? i am confused esp after reading forum guidelines.

Tamil Brahmins Guidelines
Tamilbrahmins.com is committed to providing a forum for diverse points of view. We have established the guidelines and terms of service that follow to help our members achieve a true sense of community. If you disagree with some of the opinions expressed by a member of our community, we encourage you to create your own free Personal Home Page and make your own views known. To us, this exchange of ideas is the definition of community. We appreciate your interest in and support of Tamilbrahmins.com.

Tamilbrahmins.com is a website/forum that provides a stage for Tamil Brahmins spread across the world to network and interact with one another on issues related to the development and well-being of the community.

TamilBrahmins.com is available to all for communicating their thoughts and opinions on the Forums.

TamilBrahmins.com will be the final arbitrator of what is positive presentation

Dear Sri ShivKc Ji,
'Brahmins' as a term can not exist without the term 'Non Brahmins'. Our existence is not to perpetuate our own kind, but to look after the welfare of the entire Hindu society. We have a special burden to bear, in the sense that we are supposed to be the keepers of the whole Hindu civilization.

Unfortunately, the British Raj and the industrialization took us in a different direction, where we went far away from our prescribed dharma. And now we find ourselves in a 'thirisangu' swargam.

So, as always, our welfare and role as people is dependent on the 97% of the fellow Hindus we call NBs. It is paramount that we connect with them, because we exist to advance their welfare first and foremost. If they view us as not being useful to their wellbeing, then we as people can not justify our 'brahminical' way of life.

This is the reason, why we need to listen carefully to the voices that emanate from the Hindu non brahmin world. Because they are our brothers and without them, we have no role in the Hindu society.

Hope this explains.

Regards,
KRS
respected moderator, what is the idea behind permitting , encouraging NBs to this forum, when this site i is exclusively meant for tamizhbrahmins. what an NB could contribute to the welfare of our community, when NBs had already teamed up against TBs for last 50 years? what is there for a tb to learn from nb? i am confused esp after reading forum guidelines.

Smt. Happy Hindu,

I understand your side. But to any third party it might appear in a different light and I suppose you will agree with that. If, for example, you had written "the great forefathers" or "our great forefathers", instead of "your" perhaps it might have elicited a response from Shri Hoover, I think.
Sir, i feel even i had done so, Hoover wud still have responded by saying they are my forefathers and not yours (this is something that both janmajeya and vamanan did before). If Hoover's intension was to give a proper response, he wud have done so, after Shri Nara asked him in the appropriate manner.

I do not know what exactly you mean by the term 'brahmin mentality'. After all there is little bit of caste consciousness lurking in many of us and, for those residing in India, the caste identity gets reiterated on several occasions in their day to day life. Some may pride themselves on their caste; in fact that is the truth as regards the vast majority of Indians in India, especially in the small towns and villages.
When i say brahmin (including brahmin mentality) i specifically refer to the people of this forum who subscribe to the ideology of exclusive descent.

I think Shri Hoover wanted to say that despite all the talk of secularism, egalitarianism, etc., the socialistic GOI itself has now been compelled to admit the reality of castes as a very vital factor in India. Thus, what our ancients (forefathers) said or devised - viz., the caste system - has been such a strong (and, therefore, good by implication) aspect of treating the population. Such might have been Shri Hoover's thoughts, from his vantage point of being a brahmin by birth. He may not be able to imagine what it was for the Sudras and Dalits through a long period of history; in a very pragmatic sense why should he? Now that brahmins' lot has become unenviable, he is all complaints, grievances and outbursts. But you will observe that many other members here also feel why the present generations of brahmins should be made to suffer for others' wrongs. Therefore, I feel that Hoover's is not essentially a different view point but the manner of expression is very emotional and provocative. This is my humble opinion, please.
With due respect sir, i humbly disagree with your opinions. GOI did not start realising the reality of caste after independence or after becoming a socialistic country. The stage for all of that was set in the immediate years preceding independence. It also remains a fact that "influential people" were influenced by "influential people", in the decades both before and after indepedence. So, it may be possible that the pragmatic sense, ascribed to Shri Hoover, perhaps comes from the ideas espoused by "influential people".

Unfortunately i find that Shri Hoover is banned. I do not know if he will be coming back under a new handlename. If he does so, i wud be glad to read his response.

Regards.

. If they view us as not being useful to their wellbeing, then we as people can not justify our 'brahminical' way of life.

This is the reason, why we need to listen carefully to the voices that emanate from the Hindu non brahmin world. Because they are our brothers and without them, we have no role in the Hindu society.

Hope this explains.

Regards,
KRS

Sh.krs,

few quotes from a NB member here below and let me know your analysis and how much its going to benefit the community from the below voices of NBs.

@@ I have become quite aware of the levels to which tambrams can stoop.

@@ If 'brahmins' did not like lokayatas, they just burned their texts, obfuscated, interpolated, usurped their ontologies, and even started calling lokayata a form of advaita.

@@ Varna crossovers are recommeded only by people who are street-dogs. Or by missionaries. To the tambrams, its all about them, their greatness, their birthright, as "BRAHMINS" -- loud and clear.

i have copied only one percent, balance 99% venom can be seen in many a recent threads around . is there anything for the community to learn from this. so be it for any other brahmins, but why someone is pricking specific about tambrams

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back