• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reservation for Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody suggested you not to help people of other community. You would now also received help from American, Englishman etc and so you have to reciprocate at international level as well. What is suggested is that you should simultaneously show patronage for your community as community, even if you haven't got any help from them. Will you do that?

Sow. Sri. Harini,

Greetings. Yes, I will do that. I promise.
If not for anybody else, I am bound to help caste brahmin community for this gentleman indicated in the quote. I will help as much as possible. (If you have any needy person in mind, kindly PM me. I am more than happy to help).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Shri Raghy sir,
my best wishes. I just want only this sentece from every well to do brahmin.
thank you.

respected Hariniji,
already an organisation exist of overseas brahmin it is BSNA (brahman Samaj of North america ) instead of establishment of a new one this organisation can be consolidated. I request please go through their website. They are going to held a convention in december.

attached herewith a page which will be instrumental how grim are conditions for brahmin boys. please go through it and if some updates needed, please convene. though it is prepared for another discussion. I think it is relevant here also.

Attachments

• reservation data statistics.doc
    38 KB · Views: 98
What is their website? Do they have connection with THAMBRAS?

There is no necessity for restricting the number of associations. Networking is important amongst them for a coordinated action when it is required.
respected Hariniji,
already an organisation exist of overseas brahmin it is BSNA (brahman Samaj of North america ) instead of establishment of a new one this organisation can be consolidated. I request please go through their website. They are going to held a convention in december.

www.bsna.org , or just search bsna on Google.
I don’t know about whether they have a direct connection with tambaram or not.
But in his address president Om Sharma has written that he will do more efforts to join in southern Brahmin communities.
In fact we will have to reduce more partitioning in our own community. When we are watching a lot Brahmin from every part of India are becoming non vegetarian and accepting ic marriages, there is no point in raising hurdles of language and sub caste in way of Brahmin Unity. There are karamth and dharmik Brahmin in all Brahmin communities in India. All have to come a step forward. All likeminded who respect our traditions and care for our community must come together. Though, I have no objection in breeding crop of ineffective organizations having handful members. It is waste of our resources including human energy and money. a central effective organization is needed.

Just like a TB will not perceive the problems of the Kashmiri Brahmins (I have seen TBs talking that Kashmir can be ceded from India and given to Pakistan!), Brahmans of other states of India will not perceive the problems of TBs. Therefore the TBs should have independent organization everywhere and should also support BSNA for all their reasonable calls.

IC marriages cannot be stopped for Brahmins fear to inculcate the needed value system amongst their children. They fear the traditional value system may render them useless for the emerging future. This myth has to be broken. Members of BSNA will not be supporting such schemes!
www.bsna.org , or just search bsna on Google.
I don’t know about whether they have a direct connection with tambaram or not.
But in his address president Om Sharma has written that he will do more efforts to join in southern Brahmin communities.
In fact we will have to reduce more partitioning in our own community. When we are watching a lot Brahmin from every part of India are becoming non vegetarian and accepting ic marriages, there is no point in raising hurdles of language and sub caste in way of Brahmin Unity. There are karamth and dharmik Brahmin in all Brahmin communities in India. All have to come a step forward. All likeminded who respect our traditions and care for our community must come together. Though, I have no objection in breeding crop of ineffective organizations having handful members. It is waste of our resources including human energy and money. a central effective organization is needed.

so persons like CV Raman and S. Ramanujan and S. Radhakrishnan were product of this usless value system in international scenario. who were deeply religious and aderant to their brahmin values. sir C.V. Raman used to do puja for two hours every day. (first nobel prize winner for science in Asia.)
sir, just doller count doesnt mean success or failure. all people are adherant to their identity and doesent perceive it as an obstacle in their material endevours. only brahmin is the breed of creature which think about identiy as an obstacle in material success. Nearabout all great personalities were proud and adherant to their roots and identity. Identiy and convictions make great people. Identitylessness and convictionlessness produces dollar vending matchines. whom municipal corporaration have to demise in solitude with no one present to shed tear.

It is strange for me,
In old times elders of community were doing the work of mentor and deterance for wayward. Now these days elders are initiating the distruction of values. they are becoming moral defenders of waywards. champions of the thinking 'leave this, leave that, this and that is usless, and freedom is prime than values, tradition, identity, convictions and commen good etc. which our great forefathers found with their foresight and their faith in ultimate truth. I think the Kaliyug is spreading.

Last edited:
Hoover sir, I am not clear with your response. Have you mistaken me of a person with scant regard for our value system? My posting was about breaking the myth that engulf our society.

Honestly almost all of us are victim to certain extent. Even if one is convinced of the value, it is not getting converted in to conviction by perceivable action. Not only the migrants, the one in senior Government employment, Corporate leaders, Silver/Small screen heroes etc of our community have all difference of opinion about our value system and also they articulate it mindlessly. Raman/Srinivasan/Radhakrishnans are no more amongst us.
so persons like CV Raman and S. Ramanujan and S. Radhakrishnan were product of this usless value system in international scenario. who were deeply religious and aderant to their brahmin values. sir C.V. Raman used to do puja for two hours every day. (first nobel prize winner for science in Asia.)
sir, just doller count doesnt mean success or failure. all people are adherant to their identity and doesent perceive it as an obstacle in their material endevours. only brahmin is the breed of creature which think about identiy as an obstacle in material success. Nearabout all great personalities were proud and adherant to their roots and identity. Identiy and convictions make great people. Identitylessness and convictionlessness produces dollar vending matchines. whom municipal corporaration have to demise in solitude with no one present to shed tear.

shri Rkb sir,
I opologise if i misunderstood.
The things which i mentioned are worth thinking. Is it not our over intellctual approach?, when we dissuss in long about whether there should be or not language based orgainsation etc. we can atlest say that though we are not able to stop ic marriages, it doesnt gives legitimacy to that.
there is sporadic presence of brhamin in foreign countries, in many areas, in such regions is it not impracticle that in one town there are four brahmin organisations having members four or six. It is not my intention to push people to BSNA but when these persons have taken effort (persons with concern for their community take efforts to organise) to establish an organisation, all brahmin must fully support them. brahmin are known to open for hearing thouths what amendments and suggestions we sought, we may convey to them. It must be taken into consideration that these BSNA people did not only discussed, they spent their time, money and energy to organise the conventions and starting the website. It is concept of force multiplication which drive me to say that we must form a central organisation, certainly credit goes to them. I think in US there is no problem of languae for any brahmin and our religious scriptures are also in same language i.e. Sanskrit. I request, once you contact north brhmin and tell them you are a brahmin and then watch their affection and hospitality, only for that word Brahmin.
If we go on partitioning on basis of language, subcaste, sect. we will end in organisations of two or three families in foreign countries ( please see list of Brahmin subgroups)
Please mention what different problems TBs have than other Brahmin community. I must say here that many of them If they really exist can be solved with interaction to other brahmin. the largest monster waiting to end our identity and caste i.e. ic and ir marriages can also be subdued by brahmin unity and intermarriages among varios brahmin groups. The problem of political suppression. employment. counter of hatred and antibrahminism can be solved only with Brahmin unity.
I am unable to understand, (this is not addressed to you) when the community is becoming so liberal to even ic marriages why there is this exclusivism among our own brothers i.e. brahmin of all subsections.
I am confident that many of our problem (of various brahmin communities ) can be easily solved if we just come together leaving our egos.

Last edited:
Dear Hoover Sir,
What you have stated below is THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THE VARIOUS PROBLEMS FACED BY BRAHMIN COMMUNITY today.UNITY (and not EGO)
will be the strength of Brahmin community.
Regards,
B.Krishnamurthy
"I am confident that many of our problem (of various brahmin communities ) can be easily solved if we just come together leaving our egos.[/QUOTE]"

I came across this pdf file in the web. It gives, indirectly, a good description of how anti-brahminism took deep routes in TN. The developments in this paper have to be read in the background of the split between the brahmin lobby and forward castes which resulted in the formation of the Justice Party.

http://www.cscsarchive.org:8081/MediaArchive/audience.nsf/b1bc9409c64d85a06525698d0025dc3c/fa853ca5d33f2e17652571aa003ec159/$FILE/A0210030.pdf

I came across this pdf file in the web. It gives, indirectly, a good description of how anti-brahminism took deep routes in TN. The developments in this paper have to be read in the background of the split between the brahmin lobby and forward castes which resulted in the formation of the Justice Party.

http://www.cscsarchive.org:8081/Med...a5d33f2e17652571aa003ec159/$FILE/A0210030.pdf

Dear Shri sangom, very interesting article, gives a fascinating account of the tension between Justice Party/DK on the one hand, and the upper-caste NB Saivas on the other hand. The only thing that was common among them was their antipathy for Brahmins.

Thanks for the article, a page turner....

it is everywhere,
nearabout all worrier communites try to opress brahmin. They articulately incite other caste against brahmin because in past their prime concern was not the govt. employment but political supremacy. second, liberal minded reformist brahmin were a great concern for them esp. for ruling over all weaker nb communities. brahmin in past have tried to mobilise people on economic base and this again added their concern.
It must be mentioned here, maybe those who are living in urban areas are not aware of that, in rural parts for ruling with impunity it was a necessity for worrier communities to keep brhamin subdued. I know examples where brahmin teachers enthusiastic of teaching the poor people in rural parts first intimidated, latter abused, when they paid no heed violance, intrigue and false allegations of moral misbehaiour, anti brahmin rhetoric was used against brahmin. nearabout all weaker nb communities think that it is in their good interest to keep good terms with worrier caste which are in mejority, have large land holdings, nearabout total possession of power, genes made to ruthlessly rule without any regard for truth, sense of fairplay etc. etc. all nbs were collectively oppressive for brahmin. (individually they may be good with some persons)
now, they want the whole world i.e. complete command of politics, industry, agri, govt. jobs and so on. prosparity of Brahmin even facing opression and discrimination esp. in private sector is a matter of envy for them.

Last edited:
Naming a person doesn't work. One of the family that I know has no safe job to any member of their family. The head of the family, now 45, has tried his luck with almost all the insurance companies. The revenue he get from his past 10 year effort is less than the expenses he incur. He has also failed in various Corporate jobs after his graduation in the first 10 years of his career. But last week he came to me with a proposal for Business from Amway. He said that he is going to make his next two generation wealthy by his new business in which his investment seems to be only a few thousand rupees. He also assured me that he can help me to amass wealth by inducting me in to the same business in the same manner.!

All those who are desperate are being misused in India. Nobody is ready to concede that they have failed and so will accept help. How do you help them?

The only way is that you can mean help is by forming a overseas association and support TB for political activity.
If you have any needy person in mind, kindly PM me. I am more than happy to help

shri RKB sir,
you are right, desperate are used. and collectively also it can be applied to brahmin community. all things happening to brahmin communiy is because of desperaton due to alienation and hatred, desperation and consequently confusion about our caste identity, misleading by a small group which is in good economic conditions, most of them earned that with serious compromise with our identity and help of anti brahmin.
the upliftment of Jewish community is achieved by their overseas diaspora. our overseas diaspora is nowdays is employing their energy to advocate ic and ir marriages and in defience and denouncing brahmin traditions and principles. once gone there because of conditions of our community here, are now helping nb by marriying their learned daughters to nb and settling them in their country, to these same nbs who are cause of brahmin persecution and hardships. criticising their brothers in india as mannerless, lazy, imbesile, backward thinking etc. etc.( and so opportunistically going away from their duty to help their community.)
regarding politics, a three or four percent society diffused totally in languages,subcaste, thinking (including wheter they should call themselves brahmin etc etc.), political orientations can hardly make any impact in politics. so political impact is a later stage.
first thing to do is to make accept our community about our miserable condtions, then assimilation and unity of various brahmin group spread throught India andthe world, and then finding pockets in country where brahmin are in mejoriy where we can enter in politics.

Sri.RKB Sir said -

The only way is that you can mean help is by forming a overseas association and support TB for political activity.

Sir, I am not a member in any caste brahmin association. I met some of them years back during Sundara Kand Parayanam and during such similar events; but, my ideas were not aggreable to most of them. So, it may not be possible for me to actively take part in such a Brahmin association. Secondly, I am too emotional (this forum watches my very self-controlled version). When it comes to political activities, I joined and left Marxist Communist Party since they were too soft for my liking. I don't believe in petitions; I ask questions, sometimes not so politely.

I look forward to your comments, please.

Cheers!

Nobody remains the same throughout their life. Just form your own association and try to promote it in a way it eventually benefits the focus group.
I don't believe in petitions; I ask questions, sometimes not so politely.

I look forward to your comments, please.

Cheers!

Some have taken your suggestion seriously sir. The 'Sticky thread' of their Kainkarya Sabha is brisk now. But what is required is a grouping for political activism? Everything else can only be Sticky!
Nobody remains the same throughout their life. Just form your own association and try to promote it in a way it eventually benefits the focus group.

Sri. RKB Sir,

Greetings. Thank you for your comment. It seems Sri. RVR and few others also do not seem to believe in petitions. Actually petitions may not solve any major problems. I am more than happy to stand behind persons who like to help themselves; that would also benefit the focus group (although I don't personally have a 'focus group'. For me, important thing is to help. period).

I sincerely believe it is high time caste Brahmins grew some hair in their chest.

Cheers!

dear prudent brahmin brothers,
From time immorial brahmins are considered to be intelectuals who eked their livelyhood by 'unchavrithi' as stipulated in the sripture. During middle ages, many brahmins sliped away from learning scriptures(vedas) and began to do other jobs like temple priest, conducting religious worships at private places(prohits),helpers, cooking jobs,school teacher, etc. Only few occupied 'ministerial posts' in some small kingdoms when kings recognised the wisdom of some brahmins.Thus most of the professions done by brahmins are not elite or lucrative one and they all along lived humble life. However, during British period some brahmins began to come up and could do /lucrative professions, estabished bus services, factories, maintained large acres of land as mirasdars, land lords, etc. By their intelegence they could enter professions like Doctor, Advocate, College Lecturers, Auditors, etc. During post independence and after the so called dravidian rule came in to power, brahmins' lucratic business were plundered in the form of Nationalisation of buses, land reforms etc, and slowly communal wise reservation was scraped and finally rule of reservation has come in to existance. The posts of Karnams/maniams posts were abolished in one stroke for obvious reason. Thus in various fields, the existance of brahmins were wiped out. Originally as per supreme court orders, reservation should not exceed 50% of any posts/seats etc, but this has been flouted for a long time. Some years back when certain 'well wishers' fought in the supreme court and the court inisted its earlier ruling, and the state government created additional seats in colleages as tentative provision but the case, i believe, has not come to any finality.( there is no improvement in the reservation of jobs) In such condition the political leaders of various communites championing for increasing quota for their communities. None of the political parties are bold enough to accept the plight of the majority of of brahmin community whose status dwindles down decade after decade.One should not think that entire 'open competition' seats are reserved for brahmin community. In OC category itself many communities (which are supposed to be forward)have been included. All B.C., MBC, S.C/S.T. etc candidates who could get high marks are accomodated first in OC bearth then only their quota are filled.More over the critieria fixed for OCs is very high and only 0.5% of brahmin community could achieve. Only those people go abroad and find happy life there. Our unfortunate other brahmin brothers who could not secure even 1 mark more are rejected. Do we aware how many government jobs are occupied by young brahmin boys now a days. The statistics dwindles year after year as only retirement takes and no intake takes place. All brahmins now in various Central/State jobs are in the retireing age group and there will not be any representation in the next decade. Hence equality and reservation exclusively for brahmins are absolutely essential. Our associations should strive for this end.

Last edited:
dear prudent brahmin brothers,
From time immorial brahmins are considered to be intelectuals who eked their livelyhood by 'unchavrithi' as stipulated in the sripture. During middle ages, many brahmins sliped away from learning scriptures(vedas) and began to do other jobs like temple priest, conducting religious worships at private places(prohits),helpers, cooking jobs,school teacher, etc. Only few occupied 'ministerial posts' in some small kingdoms when kings recognised the wisdom of some brahmins.Thus most of the professions done by brahmins are not elite or lucrative one and they all along lived humble life. However, during British period some brahmins began to come up and could do /lucrative professions, estabished bus services, factories, maintained large acres of land as mirasdars, land lords, etc. By their intelegence they could enter professions like Doctor, Advocate, College Lecturers, Auditors, etc. During post independence and after the so called dravidian rule came in to power, brahmins' lucratic business were plundered in the form of Nationalisation of buses, land reforms etc, and slowly communal wise reservation was scraped and finally rule of reservation has come in to existance. The posts of Karnams/maniams posts were abolished in one stroke for obvious reason. Thus in various fields, the existance of brahmins were wiped out. Originally as per supreme court orders, reservation should not exceed 50% of any posts/seats etc, but this has been flouted for a long time. Some years back when certain 'well wishers' fought in the supreme court and the court inisted its earlier ruling, and the state government created additional seats in colleages as tentative provision but the case, i believe, has not come to any finality.( there is no improvement in the reservation of jobs) In such condition the political leaders of various communites championing for increasing quota for their communities. None of the political parties are bold enough to accept the plight of the majority of of brahmin community whose status dwindles down decade after decade.One should not think that entire 'open competition' seats are reserved for brahmin community. In OC category itself many communities (which are supposed to be forward)have been included. All B.C., MBC, S.C/S.T. etc candidates who could get high marks are accomodated first in OC bearth then only their quota are filled.More over the critieria fixed for OCs is very high and only 0.5% of brahmin community could achieve. Only those people go abroad and find happy life there. Our unfortunate other brahmin brothers who could not secure even 1 mark more are rejected. Do we aware how many government jobs are occupied by young brahmin boys now a days. The statistics dwindles year after year as only retirement takes and no intake takes place. All brahmins now in various Central/State jobs are in the retireing age group and there will not be any representation in the next decade. Hence equality and reservation exclusively for brahmins are absolutely essential. Our associations should strive for this end.

chandru,

i think at this moment, the brahmin community is as prosperous as it ever was.

yes, there is a lament at the loss of government jobs. but who wants them? has not the paradigm changed in favour of private sector and jobs abroad?

how many of us moan the denial of a medical seat? 25 years ago my cousin with 94% in PUC was denied admission in medical college. instead she opted to do biology, and without going too much into detail, i would like to tell you that she is in line for VP at one of the foremost biomedic companies in the world based in USA.

every hinderance is an opportunity and where there is easy ways out, we have not done as well we could have. in singapore, for example, where there is no discrimination, the outstanding students are chinese and not tambrams. the same goes in the usa. yes a fair number do well, but many children of high achieving parents just 'get by'.

i think adversity brings out the best. i have asking to identify what the poverty level is here and what we define poverty as. the poverty in our community is our own doing ie the middle class. we want the exclusive brahmin serviced cooks, companions for our parents and (ofcourse) chavundis.

did you see the ads here in this forum, for how many exclusive tambram cooks and caretakers? i have seen my relatives in chennai, many expressing indignation, at the price of a tambram help. we the middle and upper class tambrams think we are entitled to service from the poorer tambrams.

i personally think, the most envy and hatred of tambram community as a whole, comes from that soft underbelly of our society - the cooks, chavundis and caretakers. the good news is that these are a declining breed. most of these's sons and daughters aspire to be higher status in life.

the government may give reservations, but it will be the middle class finnagling the papers, who will benefit and heave a sigh of relief that they spent only fifty thousand ruppees for their son or daughter's education instead of five lakhs.

personally, the government can keep all the reservations to their pet communities. we can get ahead. just let us follow the examples of jains, gujjus, sindhis, parsis and become self reliant. the pen and brain is any day mightier than the brawn. let us use it to the maximum.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back