• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Representation of TAMBRAMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you like to do with the data...if I may ask?

From various postings on this site, it appears that TAMBRAMS represent approximately 4 % of the population in TN. If the number of TAMBRAMS settled outside TN (within India) is also added, it could stretch to may be 6 %. Can any one tell what is the current representation of TAMBRAMS in :

A: Services & Education:-

1. TN Govt. Service (Group-A/B/C/D);
2. Enrollment % in IIT Madras;
3. Enrollment % in Anna Univ. & Univ. of Madras ?

B: Religious Activities:-

1. As priests in Temples;
2. As priests conducting Marriages,Funeral Services etc?

C: Economic Activities:-

1. % of Landowners in Rural Areas;
2. % of Houseowners in Urban Areas;
3. % of Industrialists in TN(SSI/MSI/LSI)?

Eventually, what is the targeted % of representation of TAMBRAMS in the above listed categories which would be considered satisfactory to the majority of TAMBRAMS?

Can you please tell me what would you like to do with the data? If you would like to say....see you guys are only 4% of the population, whereas your people occupy so and so percentage in this and that ..but still you keep crying, then your exercise is pointless as I can explain later on.

If it is for any other purpose please let us know.

Talking about Anna University is pointless.

From various postings on this site, it appears that TAMBRAMS represent approximately 4 % of the population in TN. If the number of TAMBRAMS settled outside TN (within India) is also added, it could stretch to may be 6 %. Can any one tell what is the current representation of TAMBRAMS in :

Eventually, what is the targeted % of representation of TAMBRAMS in the above listed categories which would be considered satisfactory to the majority of TAMBRAMS?

Anna University has quota within quota within quota. For a brahmin to study in Anna university or any medical college, he/she should have scored more than 100%. Still there will be some quota, and the government might bring in a special rule that all students apart from Brahmins will get additional 20% marks ( just to keep Brahmins out).
Curses on that country, curses on that politicians.

Anecdotal Data

I was refused admission to Anna University and my mother was not given a Govt job because she is a Brahman. It was a clear case of discrimination. But interestingly, adversity has a way of getting people off their butts and it made me study like hell to get into IIT and my sister went outside TN for a degree and got a multinational job in Madras. Similarly my cousin was denied admission into an engineering college in Madras, and he switched tracks to journalism, and now makes a handsome pay packet at a MNC ad agency outside TN. Yet another cousin ended up in the Indian Navy as an officer.

I think the problem is that whenever a group is viewed as successful, it attracts negative attention in India. It might be an inherent communist streak in the Indian population, who always seem to want "equality of rewards" (read reservation) rather than "equality of opportunity". I do not want to blame any caste in India for this. It is the Mai-Baap-Sarkar attitude. It is primarily this attitude along with the Chalta Hai attitude which is responsible for the wretched poverty that persists while all Asian countries came from behind and overtook India.

Brahmans will continue to be targets as long as even a few of them are prominently successful. It serves as an enormous rallying cry for politicians, and demagogues love nothing more than a soft target they can use in their quest for votes. The current generation of Brahmans have gone soft since they have forgotten the horrors they had to endure under Muslim rule for a 1000 years. But I guess the last 200 years was too good to last. Brahmans have to learn to live and thrive among conflict as they have done before.

Last edited:
How rational is it to calculate percentage!!!!!!

Ofcourse I agree all poor ppl shud be helped by govt ...But often I come across this percentage calculations put by so called intellectuals and casteist people in various prgrms and media . If that works we shud get 1/6 th olympic medals .So are US ,Russia,China oppressing us? How can a small portion of population in the world continue to get Nobel price always.We shud get 1/6 of them right?I can extend this to all sectors.Its illogical.We have to only see if they deserve it or not.Basically Brahmins are more interested in studies and soft skilled jobs.So this is natural.If we calculate the percentage
of masonry,atheletics , smithing and all their will be less.There is no agenda behind it as those racist ppl have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back