• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vivek Ramaswamy - a high profile representation of our community?

He is an insult to all persons of Indian origin, and may even be an embarrassment to humanity. The thing he says to get publicity will shame all decent human beings.

Over a span of four days, Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy made two different false claims about what he wrote in his own 2022 book.

Vivek Ramaswamy's Loud Voice Doesn't Resonate With Young Indian Americans

Ramaswamy is an embarrassment, and with each debate has descended ever deeper into irrelevancy. He’s characterized the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol as “an inside job,” suggested that federal agents were on board the planes that crashed into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon on 9/11, and claimed the 2020 presidential election was stolen by “Big Tech.”

Khanna said in ‘The Ried Out’, “(Vivek Ramaswamy's) comments were embarrassing & wrong. To sit there lecturing a black man about black history was totally uncalled for.”

Khanna went on to say, “Indian Americans owe a huge debt to the African American community…If it weren't for the civil rights movement & immigration reform in 1965, my parents wouldn't have been able to come to America.”

I do not care if he does "Nitya Puja" at home.
Ramaswami and his mother collaborated and swindled (through shady deals) bilked investors of millions of Dollars.

Vivek Ramaswamy is not to be blamed. The system encourages such individuals. All the wrong qualities and selfishness are rewarded. No wonder everywhere we find only such ones at the top.

Vivek Ramaswamy is not to be blamed. The system encourages such individuals. All the wrong qualities and selfishness are rewarded. No wonder everywhere we find only such ones at the top.
I am amazed at your response. Individuals are responsible for their actions. You do not give a pass for bad behavior.

Vivek Ramaswamy's artful narrative, meticulously tailored for the GOP primary voter, weaves a tale of principled sacrifice and success. According to his version, he helmed the leadership of Roivant, a multi-billion-dollar American pharmaceutical company he founded, and gallantly relinquished his CEO role in 2021 due to his unwavering stance against ESG principles, despite facing opposition from his liberal workforce. While this narrative might seem appealing, it is akin to the endless "flip-flops" that have plagued his campaign—an elaborate work of fiction that unravels upon a modicum of scrutiny.

Let's start with the basics. Ramaswamy has funded his campaign through the sale of over $32 million in Roivant stock options in February of this year. This could lead one to believe that Roivant, based in Bermuda, is thriving and that Ramaswamy is a great entrepreneur. Except the company reported staggering losses of $1.2 billion in its financial report of March 2023. This isn't a one-time slump: In March 2022, when Ramaswamy was still Roivant's chairman and a major shareholder, the company reported an annual loss of $924.1 million.

Ramaswamy's defenders may argue that Roivant performed better during his tenure as CEO in 2021, but alas, the numbers tell a different story. The reality is that Roivant's finances were abysmal under Ramaswamy's watch. During his tenure in 2019, the company's net operating loss exceeded $530 million. By 2020, the losses had doubled to over $1 billion, accompanied by a 65 percent decline in revenue.

Axovant had acquired the drug for $5 million in December 2014, six months before the IPO, after the majority of Phase 2 trials had "failed to meet their primary endpoints" in 2010. Ramaswamy devised a solution: His mother, Dr. Geetha Ramaswamy, conducted a new Phase 2 trial in 2015 involving "684 subjects." This trial conveniently claimed to demonstrate sufficient improvement to "support Phase 3" trials.

The aftermath was a triumphant $350 million IPO in 2015, followed by a drastic fall. By September 2017, the stock had plummeted 75 percent after Ramaswamy and his mother announced the Phase 3 trial's failure. Subsequent trials continued to disappoint, culminating in a 99 percent loss in value and a name change for the company.

While investors suffered significant losses, Ramaswamy profited from a higher media profile, IPO payouts, and the sale of remaining Axovant assets in 2020.

I am amazed at your response. Individuals are responsible for their actions. You do not give a pass for bad behavior
Make entry into politics very rigorous such that the potential corrupt people are weeded out. Similarly give licence for business to someone after they pass the test of ethics. Make speedy and fair judgements for corruption and other malpractice. The scum will be filtered out and will remain where they belong.

Only people with proven record of ethics should be able to enter politics. People will try to see a way through this too. Thats why we need stringent punishments for the wrongdoers. But the real and enduring solution is a systemic change in the mindset of the people against corruption.

Dont blame the individuals only. If there is no gutter there will be no pigs.

Dear Sravna,
So that means both the system and the individual are too blamed.

hi

all politicians are more similar....not like mandela/gandhi/martin luther any more....money need in politics...

politics need money.....

Actually yes. Both genes and environment but in Kali yuga the effect of environment is overwhelming
I somehow prefer not to blame the Yuga..thats like how some religions blame the Devil.
Why blame any external situation?
Its the inner situation that is the problem no matter in which Yuga.

I somehow prefer not to blame the Yuga..thats like how some religions blame the Devil.
Why blame any external situation?
Its the inner situation that is the problem no matter in which Yuga.
Renuka, I think the space time would be most disconnected in kaliyuga and so the space time will be the least spiritual.

What do you think?

When the yuga is least spiritual, materialism will thrive. Selfishness will thrive. Pseudo disciplines such as science as we practice now will thrive.

Renuka, I think the space time would be most disconnected in kaliyuga and so the space time will be the least spiritual.

What do you think?
I dont think so.
The space within us isnt disconnected from divinity.
Also other yugas arent that great too.

For eg when Krishna released the 16 thousand women from the clutches of Narakasura..Krishna had to give them protection because the women told Him that society wont accept them because they have been so long captured by Narakasura and society will look down upon them too.

Honestly that was Dwapara yuga yet society didnt have compassion as to accept these women and help them rebuild their lives.

Recently I read online about the local belief in Ayodhya that it was cursed by Sita before She was exiled to stay at Valmiki's ashram.
She apparently cursed Ayodhya because people gossipped about Her.
And the locals believe that only now the curse has been lifted.

So again..it was Treta Yuga yet humans were into gossip etc.
So any difference from Kaliyuga.

Nope!
Thats why I feel humans were no different in any Yuga.
When we cant change ourselves we just blame the Yuga..like how some blame the Devil and never blame the man in the mirror.

Renuka, look beyond the obvious. Least spiritual does not mean it is a bad thing as everything is designed by God. When something is veiled by maya it is designed for the eventual benefit of certain type of people namely the materialistic. They are not designed to see things beyond and perceive a thing as it is. Different types of people and their strong convictions are required for the learning process.

Make entry into politics very rigorous such that the potential corrupt people are weeded out. Similarly give licence for business to someone after they pass the test of ethics. Make speedy and fair judgements for corruption and other malpractice. The scum will be filtered out and will remain where they belong.
Let us make it evenmore ridiculous. Make entry into human societyvery rigorous!!! Totally improbable. Then how do you define the criteria? The corruption (legal) is defined by lawyers and polititians of that time. So it if flawed. We have to accept that we live in an imperfect world, and it will never be perfect. So we have to make do with what we have. Just because we do not have that we want in this world, we can not dream up a new world.
Going back to Ramaswami and his immoral ideas. He wants to pardon Trump, who almost stole the Presidency, and he wants to release all the insuructionist who are in jail, just because they might vote for him. It is sad, on all fronts legal, moral, and ethical grounds.

Let us make it evenmore ridiculous. Make entry into human societyvery rigorous!!! Totally improbable. Then how do you define the criteria? The corruption (legal) is defined by lawyers and polititians of that time. So it if flawed. We have to accept that we live in an imperfect world, and it will never be perfect. So we have to make do with what we have. Just because we do not have that we want in this world, we can not dream up a new world.
Going back to Ramaswami and his immoral ideas. He wants to pardon Trump, who almost stole the Presidency, and he wants to release all the insuructionist who are in jail, just because they might vote for him. It is sad, on all fronts legal, moral, and ethical grounds.
What we make of the world depends on our mind. Even a single mind if sufficiently armed can change the world. So ?God can. Why not billions of them or at least thousands of them? with the blessings of God

You give up even before you start. The notion of imperfection suits the western mind. Since they found it difficult to control their senses they cooked up and projected the idea of imperfection. That not what our Indian philosophers thought and taught and they are dead right.

I really dont mind if others want to be imperfect but they should not try to thrust imperfection upon the rest.

Last edited:
What we make of the world depends on our mind. Even a single mind if sufficiently armed can change the world. So ?God can. Why not billions of them or at least thousands of them? with the blessings of God

You give up even before you start. The notion of imperfection suits the western mind. Since they found it difficult to control their senses they cooked up and projected the idea of imperfection. That not what our Indian philosophers thought and taught and they are dead right.

I really dont mind if others want to be imperfect but they should not try to thrust imperfection upon the rest.
Sravna...imperfection exists even in India though Indian philosophers preached the opposite.
Also imperfection exists in all nations too.

Its obvious imperfection isnt just a western problem alone.

Practice is difficult but at least India had the right focus and direction. It might have taken millennia for the society to accomplish that objective. But if you start with the idea that our world is and will be imperfect you have given up even before you start.

Some of his suggestions are quite senseless , but by eight year time he will be US president i guess owing to his increased popularity day by day.

Vivek Ramaswamy is a tamil brahmin only in name sake. His nature if at all brahmin is nevertheless drenched and soaked in American ideologies.

Some of his suggestions are quite senseless , but by eight year time he will be US president i guess owing to his increased popularity day by day.
Sir,
I'm not sure what you're reading. But Ramaswamy has run out of money and he is quite quitting the campaign.

For the unaware, "quiet quitting" is the term for when someone does the bare minimum requirement for one's job and stops doing anything noteworthy. And that seems like an apt description of the Ramaswamy campaign.

In national and early primary state polling, Ramaswamy is hovering in the single-digit doldrums, which is the reason he's failed to qualify for the GOP primary debate next week. His campaign recently revealed its plan to suspend all spending on TV ads, right as the primary season is set to take off.

I believe that ramasamy is a step in the right direction for brahmin/indian community.. irrespective of what he has said publicly till now, he has a good upbringing which will not fail him in times of need. The noises and commotion that he creates is necessary to gain a foothold in politics.. that too in a foreign country where indians are not known as much more than cow worshipers.

I see that after a few (possibly teeth gnashing) posts supporting indians, indian ethics and indian politics, old handles are upto their own antics and anti-india, anti-hindu stance. If someone feels so strongly about ramasamy, I wonder what how it would feel about trump and winston churchill who caused the great bengal famine.

Last edited:
In case the above post is not posted due to vested interests supporting the wrong ideologies.. the following is the gist of the message I wanted to convey.. We cannot do much about vested interests and their supporters because even in the presence of Modi's authority, people like Kanhaiya still make noises like india still has places where ravana is worshipped and he blatantly refuses to say Jai Hind. But my regret is that the right voices and deterrents are silenced just to support people like him.

My message..

I believe that ramasamy is a step in the right direction for brahmin/indian community.. irrespective of what he has said publicly till now, he has a good upbringing which will not fail him in times of need. The noises and commotion that he creates is necessary to gain a foothold in politics.. that too in a foreign country where indians are not known as much more than cow worshipers.

If someone feels so strongly about ramasamy, I wonder what and how it would feel about trump and winston churchill who caused the great bengal famine.

Latest ads

Back