• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Remove the Caste based Reservation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

It must be fought ,We are children of One God like everyone else, We are the citizens of this country, & our civilization is one of the oldest, then why should we be treated unequally ?

Ladies & Gentleman I have decided to unite UR category students, to help us proclaim our right.... To be treated as equal citizen of this country.... We dont want a conflict We know the strength forces arrayed against us.....But we are determined that justice will be done....

The symbol of our status is embodied in this category that restricts us from getting opportunities that we deserve, that is not the case with other reserved categories, the 1st step towards changing all this is to eliminate this difference between us, We do not want to ignite the fear & hatred of anyone, but I ask you all the UR candidates to help us light up the sky ..... & the mind of the Indian Government with our defiance of this injustice.....

There should not be "RESERVATION ON CASTE BASIS" IT SHOULD BE based on POVERTY OTHER WISE IN COMING TIME POVERTY CAN BLAST & WILL SWIPE THE NATION Thank you....

LETTER TO
Prime Minister Narendra Modi

https://www.change.org/p/prime-mini...ish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg

Please sign the Petition

It must be fought ,We are children of One God like everyone else, We are the citizens of this country, & our civilization is one of the oldest, then why should we be treated unequally ?

Ladies & Gentleman I have decided to unite UR category students, to help us proclaim our right.... To be treated as equal citizen of this country.... We dont want a conflict We know the strength forces arrayed against us.....But we are determined that justice will be done....

The symbol of our status is embodied in this category that restricts us from getting opportunities that we deserve, that is not the case with other reserved categories, the 1st step towards changing all this is to eliminate this difference between us, We do not want to ignite the fear & hatred of anyone, but I ask you all the UR candidates to help us light up the sky ..... & the mind of the Indian Government with our defiance of this injustice.....

There should not be "RESERVATION ON CASTE BASIS" IT SHOULD BE based on POVERTY OTHER WISE IN COMING TIME POVERTY CAN BLAST & WILL SWIPE THE NATION Thank you....

LETTER TO
Prime Minister Narendra Modi

https://www.change.org/p/prime-mini...ish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg

Please sign the Petition
All through those thousands of years of caste system ruling high and enjoying all the benefits from that evil system, this idea of "We are children of one God like everyone else" was never uttered by any high caste person. Simply 65 years of living, deprived of the high-caste prerogatives, has suddenly made all the changes in outlook!

No conscientious high-caste person should sign this petition, I feel.

Leaving aside the question of caste, I think reservation leads to inbreeding of complacency, and hence, stupidity in its area of application.

Gentlemen,

IMHO the Caste based Reservation System was introduced by the political parties not with an intention to benefit the so-called under-priveleged caste groups, but to play vote-bank politics based on caste.

I dont think any political party will come forward to change the basis/criterion on which reservation will be made.

I think we will have to live with this weed in our society.

,We are children of One God like everyone else,

LOL!

Since when?

I feel if someone wants to send this to PM better make sure the "We are the Children of One God" line is removed. This makes the reservation system sound like the new Varna system.

Surely one can fight to remove reservation without the need to claim we are all the children of One God.

Are we?

Is that how people view each other?

If that was ever true..why were some treated worse than animals in the past?

Were they children of a lesser God?

Last edited:
Leaving aside the question of caste, I think reservation leads to inbreeding of complacency, and hence, stupidity in its area of application.
I fully support this position. I also understand Sangomji's pov.
Renekaji's post is honest.
I also understand why "high Caste" person may try to take this position now that they have lost their position.
I support the OP for India and Indians.

Even when the present reservation system was absent, and the high castes ruled the roost completely, there was no great achievement for India except plastic surgery á la Ganapathy, and in vitro fertilization & child breeding á la Gandhari (thanks to hindutva lobby!). We Indians could not even invent a bicycle!

Hence, the above statement about complacency and stupidity does not hold water; probably, it is a national characteristic. Let us accept it, with all humility.

Even when the present reservation system was absent, and the high castes ruled the roost completely, there was no great achievement for India except plastic surgery á la Ganapathy, and in vitro fertilization & child breeding á la Gandhari (thanks to hindutva lobby!). We Indians could not even invent a bicycle!

Hence, the above statement about complacency and stupidity does not hold water; probably, it is a national characteristic. Let us accept it, with all humility.

Dear sir,

Let us judge every system on its own merit.

Moreover, the line of thinking that "high castes in olden days did not achieve landmark success in science and hence even if they were to be trampled upon now, it does not matter" does jar the logic; wouldnt you think so? It is akin to a person thinking that since I have two kidneys, and removal of one does not matter anyhow (since I only need one), and so let me remove one now itself !

Or, extending the logic to a greater degree, can we say that anyhow we are all going to die eventually, and so let us die immediately. What does it matter?

I think it is foolish to think that the reservation system as is implemented establishes some sort of justice.

It is a game of numbers and people/groups who have the numbers and are vociferous get what they want.

I also feel "high caste" persons supporting it are doing so not because they are conscientious but because they are secure in the knowledge that they or their progeny are not impacted by it. It is an opportunity for grandstanding, that is all.

Dear sir,

Let us judge every system on its own merit.

Moreover, the line of thinking that "high castes in olden days did not achieve landmark success in science and hence even if they were to be trampled upon now, it does not matter" does jar the logic; wouldnt you think so? It is akin to a person thinking that since I have two kidneys, and removal of one does not matter anyhow (since I only need one), and so let me remove one now itself !

Or, extending the logic to a greater degree, can we say that anyhow we are all going to die eventually, and so let us die immediately. What does it matter?

Dear Sir,

I am not a logician and so, honestly, your argument does not make much sense to me. Is it not a fact that people donate one kidney to near and dear? Is it not a fact that there was a kidney selling racket some years ago and it had to be put down?

If you say, let's judge every system on its own merit, is it not justice that the lower castes which got a very bad treatment for thousands of years in India, get a preference for at least a few hundred years?

What I said was that during the 5000 or so years when the high castes were enjoying all the benefits, this country did not really record any progress and was mired in the caste-based system and nothing else. Foreigners with even one cannon could conquer one small native state and start looting that. The higher castes were just mute witnesses because they had absolutely no ideas beyond what they had learned by rote! We are not at all in a worse position now with the reservation system and so there is no point in breast beating as though, if the high caste people are reinstalled with all their former privileges, India will shine "like a diamond in the Space"!

கால பைரவன்;313940 said:
I think it is foolish to think that the reservation system as is implemented establishes some sort of justice.

It is a game of numbers and people/groups who have the numbers and are vociferous get what they want.

I also feel "high caste" persons supporting it are doing so not because they are conscientious but because they are secure in the knowledge that they or their progeny are not impacted by it. It is an opportunity for grandstanding, that is all.

Opinions on the reservation system can vary or even be contrarian. But it is here to stay for a long long time, I think. I am a "high caste" person and I oppose the cribbing about reservation system. I knew the position of my children and was prepared, in case it became necessary, to see them as vadhyar or cook or in some small self-employed kind of occupation. They also realised it correctly, I feel, and all of them have settled down abroad; so, as you put it, neither myself nor my progeny is impacted by reservation. I will not ask my children to come back home and their children will grow up in those countries as just "aam aadmis" there. I feel those who are impacted by reservation and those who have children whose future can be so impacted, should honestly discuss with their children and choose one of the alternatives — migrate abroad where there is no reservation against you, or, be satisfied with one of the non-traditional routes. (After all the paraiahs, pulayas, thottis etc., did not have even any such choice for thousands of years.)

What does a democracy have to do with the definition of "society"? leave alone a "section" of it !

Society has to abide by the law of the land.

Majority frame the rules/laws in democracy.

If the laws are detrimental to a section of the society, that section has no remedy.

Again, the section of the society is within the over all grip the societies' enacted laws.

Society has to abide by the law of the land.

Majority frame the rules/laws in democracy.

If the laws are detrimental to a section of the society, that section has no remedy.

Again, the section of the society is within the over all grip the societies' enacted laws.

So, what did you mean by your earlier query "What about the concept of social justice?"? In the light of what you have said now.

Dear Sir,

I am not a logician and so, honestly, your argument does not make much sense to me. Is it not a fact that people donate one kidney to near and dear? Is it not a fact that there was a kidney selling racket some years ago and it had to be put down?

If you say, let's judge every system on its own merit, is it not justice that the lower castes which got a very bad treatment for thousands of years in India, get a preference for at least a few hundred years?

What I said was that during the 5000 or so years when the high castes were enjoying all the benefits, this country did not really record any progress and was mired in the caste-based system and nothing else. Foreigners with even one cannon could conquer one small native state and start looting that. The higher castes were just mute witnesses because they had absolutely no ideas beyond what they had learned by rote! We are not at all in a worse position now with the reservation system and so there is no point in breast beating as though, if the high caste people are reinstalled with all their former privileges, India will shine "like a diamond in the Space"!

So, how or when would you accept that our country, India, would be able to deliver a landmark achievement in science? Do you, with the above reasoning, think that it would never happen?

Notwithstanding your response to the above, I will draw your attention to the fact that both "during the 5000 or so years when the high castes were enjoying all the benefits,", and the current period, where we tend to think that "is it not justice that the lower castes which got a very bad treatment for thousands of years in India, get a preference for at least a few hundred years?", the noteworthy point is that our society is bogged down by a system of discrimination - one was social and the other is political. I am only trying to point out that both these scenarios cannot be called as a level playing field.

If justice is to be meted out then it should be delivered by a process that allows the underprivileged to get literate/educated, and not place them in plum jobs that are critical to the overall integrity and growth of a nation.

It is another discussion as to determine the real underprivileged (lower castes, if you say) of our society who may need a form of justice.

So, what did you mean by your earlier query "What about the concept of social justice?"? In the light of what you have said now.

What you & I ,think is immaterial. In the name of social justice, the castes in strength in the
society would corner away all the benefits, in a situation of democracy.

That is why caste based regional parties demand the early release of the details of caste based senses. What is stored in the bandora's box .... nobody could guess.

Eagles are flying around in the sky.

But one thing sure, not anything in favour of Brahs.

Right time to revisit the constitution and stick to the original clauses on reservation - beneficiaries and duration. Reservation was only for those communities that were perceived to be underprivileged. In the nation's march, some communities will move ahead and some may be left behind. But this is dynamic and reversible. Sustaining reservation and redefining communities for reservation will otherwise be a perpetual act.

RSS and BJP are moving in the right direction of consolidating all communities, and must work for deleting reservation clause from the constitution.

As per constitution only 50% will be for reservation quota, I understand..
What about 69%?
Whether 69% reservation is permitted by constitution?

The rot started in 1989/90 with V P Singh promoting acceptance of Mandal commission report and pressing for reservations for OBCs.

Only SC/ST alone were given protection in fiftees and that too was supposed to be a short period.

Now every section/caste with sufficient numbers wants reservations in education and jobs.

I tend to agree those who have enjoyed reservation for a certain number of years should lose the privileges associated with it.

unless this happens, casteism can never end.

One may not be able to enjoy the benefits of caste based reservation without accepting the discrimination associated with that caste.

If one does away with reservation ,there will be social harmony and casteism might reduce if not eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back