• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reciting 'Om Namah Shivaya' while doing Vaishnava aparadha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it even more amusing that some self proclaimed Believer assume others are Non Believers just becos some do not get emotionally carried away by religion.

God is God.

God has nothing to do with Religion.

May be the self proclaimed believer should start a thread to explain the signs and symptoms of a Non Believer and aid the understanding of everyone on how he/she arrived to his/her conclusion.

I find your posts becoming more and more amusing.

One becomes aware of God or God concept only through religious texts and practices. You try to show case that you have somehow found God outside of religion and make empty declarations like "God is God" as if it is self evident to all.

I find your posts becoming more and more amusing.

One becomes aware of God or God concept only through religious texts and practices. You try to show case that you have somehow found God outside of religion and make empty declarations like "God is God" as if it is self evident to all.

Nope...you are mistaken..I have not said anywhere that I have found God outside of religion.

But God is God..just like a Zebra is a Zebra.

I find it amusing non-believers should find a way to post their comments in *every* believers' thread!

Why not keep *your banter* to your own self-created non-believer threads?

Belief in what? Your one-sided world view?

Unfortunately even you are the thread creator, you don't *own* it, just as you don't own the forum.

I would start a new forum if I were you. There you can freely promote your own ideology.

10696266_10153286346284148_4003723389621429143_n.jpg

In one of the Tamil movies on Krishna released during 1960s, when Krishna opened his mouth to show the Universe, some electric posts were going thru with other items in his mouth. It was pointed out by a magazine while reviewing it.

Let me add one more info:

Thiruparkadal ( திருப்பாற்கடல்) has a rare temple in the country, where
Thirumal stands on AvudaiyAr,

to show the world that Thirumal and Shiva are one and the same.
I visited this temple in 2013.

250px-Thiruparkadal.jpg

For more info, please read this link: Thiruparkadal - Wikipedia

No comedy what-so-ever. :nono:

Please remember that this thread is in 'Religion forum' and not in 'Chit Chat'.

Each aspect of any Devata/God has symbolic meanings.We have to dive deep into the ocean of symbolism to get the pearl of understanding.

If we stand at the shore and take everything literally..that is when all problems start.

Last edited:
Each aspect of any Devata/God has symbolic meanings.We have to dive deep into the ocean of symbolism to get the pearl of understanding.

If we stand at the shore and take everything literally..that is when all problems start.
:hail: MAtAji!

The name Thiruparkadal may be exclusive to Vishu only, since he lives there.

Pundareegar, a Vaishnavite saint, found Shiva Lingam there. How was it possible to find a Shiva Lingam in Thiruparkadal?

Vishnu in the form of an old Vaishnavite told Pundareegar it was only a Thirumal Sannadhi. The photo depicts he is standing on the Shiva Lingam and not standing next to the Lingam. Standing or sitting on somebody's shoulder does not indicate equality or oneness. It conveys only superiority. Further, Vishnu said it is only a Thirumal Sannadhi and not Shiva Thirumal Sannadhi.

The reasoning Shiva and Thirumal are one and the same by the above example does not have any credibility but one more mythological story deserves to be ignored.

'AvudaiyAr' means the pedestal of the Shivalingam and not the deity Himself!

Thirumal replaces the Lingam and does NOT stand on the Lingam. :nono:

Last edited:
As regards "Om Namah Shivaya" it is one of the most beloved and ancient Hindu mantras.
It forms part of a Hindu prayer, picked up from the Shri Rudram Chamakam, an oldest vedic
texts, i.e. the Yajurveda. It isa hymn chanted to Lord Shiva, and chanting this mantra helps
to get rid of mental imperfections and sins. It also awakens higher state of consciousness.

'AvudaiyAr' means the pedestal of the Shivalingam and not the deity Himself!

Thirumal replaces the Lingam and does NOT stand on the Lingam. :nono:

Avudaiyar is also known as Peetham. It forms the base to hold the Lingam.

The Peetham is 3 tiered..representing the 3 Gunas.

Interestingly there is Bhajan that has elements of both Shiva and Vishnu in it..with the Nabhi Kamala Udhbhava Lingam.

Atma lingam bhajore paramaatma lingam bhajore

Atma lingam bhajore adi adbhuta lingam bhajore

Naaga lingam navamani lingam

naabhi kamalaa udhbhava lingam

Iswaralingam bhajore

parameswara lingam bhajore

Atma lingam bhajare-----

Last edited:
To 'know" God we need to stop "searching" for Him.
You said it right, and Kabirdas's words:

Kabir Dohas
Jaise Til Mein Tel Hai, Jyon Chakmak Mein Aag
Tera Sayeen Tujh Mein Hai, Tu Jaag Sake To Jaag

Translation
Like sesame contains the oil, fire in flint-stone
Your temple seats the Divine, realize if you can

You said it right, and Kabirdas's words:

Kabir Dohas
Jaise Til Mein Tel Hai, Jyon Chakmak Mein Aag
Tera Sayeen Tujh Mein Hai, Tu Jaag Sake To Jaag

Translation
Like sesame contains the oil, fire in flint-stone
Your temple seats the Divine, realize if you can

Ok, there are some "self-realized" souls in this forum who know "how to look (or not look) but still realize god"... maybe this thread is not for them. As an OP, I think I'm free to declare I intended this thread for those simple folks who have not yet realized god but would love to sing his glory and the glory of his devotees.

Thanks.

Let me add one more info:

Thiruparkadal ( திருப்பாற்கடல்) has a rare temple in the country, where
Thirumal stands on AvudaiyAr,

to show the world that Thirumal and Shiva are one and the same.
I visited this temple in 2013.

250px-Thiruparkadal.jpg

For more info, please read this link: Thiruparkadal - Wikipedia

Dear Raji Mam,

Thank you for this great info!

Incidentally, I read that Sri Venkateswara of Tirupathi wears snake girdles in his upper arms and sports a jata mudi! I even raised this as a question. Once a learned Sri Vaishnava scholar exclaimed that Sri Venkateswara is a special form of Vishnu known as 'Shankara Narayana'. Maybe he has amsa of Lord Shiva in him!

Thanks again.

Dear Jayashree,

When we were living in Visakhapatnam, we have visited Simhachalam temple often.

Except one day in a year, the main deity is covered
with sandal paste in Lingam shape.

simhachalam2.jpg

''It is one of the eighteen "Narasimha Kshetras" i.e. shrines of Lord Narasimha in India. The main deity inside the temple

sanctorum gives "nijaroopa darshan" (holy appearance in true form) for only 12 hours in a year i.e. on Akshaya Tritiya day,

the rest of the time the deity is covered with Sandalwood paste. The darshan described as 'Chandana yatra' or 'Chandanotsavam'

falls every year in Vaisakha masa.''

Please read more here:
Simhachala Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back