• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re-Incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s007bala

dehino 'smin yathā dehe

kaumāraḿ yauvanaḿ jarā

tathā dehāntara-prāptir

dhīras tatra na muhyati

SYNONYMS

dehinaḥ — of the embodied; asmin — in this; yathā — as; dehe — in the body; kaumāram — boyhood; yauvanam — youth; jarā — old age; tathā — similarly; deha-antara — of transference of the body; prāptiḥ — achievement; dhīraḥ — the sober; tatra — thereupon; na — never; muhyati — is deluded.

TRANSLATION

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.

mātrā-sparśās tu kaunteya

śītoṣṇa-sukha-duḥkha-dāḥ

āgamāpāyino 'nityās

tāḿs titikṣasva bhārata

SYNONYMS

mātrā-sparśāḥ — sensory perception; tu — only; kaunteya — O son of Kuntī; śīta — winter; uṣṇa — summer; sukha — happiness; duḥkha — and pain; dāḥ — giving; āgama — appearing; apāyinaḥ — disappearing; anityāḥ — nonpermanent; tān — all of them; titikṣasva — just try to tolerate; bhārata — O descendant of the Bharata dynasty.

TRANSLATION

O son of Kuntī, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.

:director: sb :drama::faint2::D

Shri tbs

adangkokka makka...appeetu ..O podu..romba danks ba...:)

sb

onnumay pooryalai indha ulagathilay...:(...ponnana thanthayai thanneeril thallinnain...kalsitta po :)

sb

tbs

naa kuda gavanichain.seshu illamal romba dull irukku..but Mambazathu Vandu is beeing around :) lol..oray galatta sir

sb

tbs

forum na,koncha appidi ippidi thaan irukkom..we shud not get upset..ellarum ava ava abhiprayathay thanay ezhudara...ellam nunmaikay..illiya

sb

tbs

forum na,koncha appidi ippidi thaan irukkom..we shud not get upset..ellarum ava ava abhiprayathay thanay ezhudara...ellam nunmaikay..illiya

sb
hi
koncha naala namma posts inge mayamadichu.........idhu thaan mithya
enna seyyaradhu........artham illatha vazhkayile arthamm thedara
janangal...

regards
tbs

tbs

super tattuvam....kalakiteengal saar...engoyo poitinga..:)

sb

tbs

super tattuvam....kalakiteengal saar...engoyo poitinga..:)

sb
hi
ange(TN)koncha nalaiiku ayyavale thondaravu... approm koncha nalikku
amma vale thontharu.....motham thondaravum podhu makkalu thaan..
anaal inge(USA) ettu varushama kudiarasinalle thondaravu.. adutha
ettu varusham jananyagathalle thondaravu.......ingeyum mothathile
poghu janagalukku thaan.....raavanan andal enna...raaman andal enna..
enaikkum kastham kastham thaan..

regards
tbs

vanakkam thalaiva M M...kadal karai pakkam..karru vaanga ponaein...

sb

Who is to verify that the soul is immortal? All we have is only theories which we must try out to know the truth.... and those who claim to have know the truth are not united within themselves...

Again, modern science has come out with the disorder of the mind - "split or multiple personality"...

So is re-incarnation real? or is it just an extended imaginative force of the mind???

Shri Seshadri

>>So is re-incarnation real? or is it just an extended imaginative force of the mind???<<

One of the real intentions of me visiting Puttaparthi was to see for myself,the re-incarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba,in his present form of Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba.Who has also spoken,he will be re-incarnating again as Prema Sai,in Gunaparthi,Mandya District,Karnataka.This was my sole purpose of my soul to visit Swami and obtain darshan.And what a darshan and what a philosophy Swami gave me.Its an antidote for my ills of life.

There are scientific studies done also regarding re-incarnation.I myself remembered some incidents of past life too.There are instances of children telling parents about previous lives with exact detail.The soul transmigrates no doubt for me.Lord Krishna in Bhagavath Gita says emphatically...Sambavami Yuge Yuge...no clearer clue than this from the higest authority for Hindus like me...:)

sb

Last edited:
re

If it is real, then why are we obsessed with relations and all those that bind us to one personality?

What we think as personality-what others thinks of our personality - what we actually are the personality ,so the last one is the binding one & to realise this,is the chase!!

Are we not contradicting ourselves? or is it mere helplessness?
Its the mind of " I " contradicting,isn't it?Atma is Sat-Chit-Anandam.

sb

What we think as personality-what others thinks of our personality - what we actually are the personality ,so the last one is the binding one & to realise this,is the chase!!

Am a bit confused as to what you actually mean by this statement. If possible, could you please elaborate?

Its the mind of " I " contradicting,isn't it?Atma is Sat-Chit-Anandam

Why should atma be sat-chit-anandam? If it were already in a state of anandam, then why all this game of creation?

Actually, the vedantic theories are good, very good... but they too fall short... they are just not complete...

re

Am a bit confused as to what you actually mean by this statement. If possible, could you please elaborate?/]

"We" is actually three views. (1) What as an individual ,i think of myself.(2)What an individual is thought by others.(3)What an individual is minus the body,independent of anything relative to it.

[quote Why should atma be sat-chit-anandam? If it were already in a state of anandam, then why all this game of creation?

Actually, the vedantic theories are good, very good... but they too fall short... they are just not complete...

Sath-Chith-Anandam is the true reality minus sense perceptions.What you think as creation is a projection of mind based on your senses.Minus your body sense perception,reality is Sath-Chith-Anandam.Veda-Antham and you are saying its not complete!!Helloo:hail:

sb:flame:

"We" is actually three views. (1) What as an individual ,i think of myself.(2)What an individual is thought by others.(3)What an individual is minus the body,independent of anything relative to it.

All the three are derived at only through the mind... thus here too there is perception, not of the senses, but of the mind...

Sath-Chith-Anandam is the true reality minus sense perceptions.What you think as creation is a projection of mind based on your senses.Minus your body sense perception,reality is Sath-Chith-Anandam.Veda-Antham and you are saying its not complete!!Helloo

There is a strangeness about the perception of the mind... it becomes what it believes it to be... and hence there cannot be one absolute truth than the "I" itself; but again, it is also varied as individual consciousness differs from the other by way of its state of perception...

My dear friend, Minus body sense perception is varied... and it never would be in one definite state...

>>All the three are derived at only through the mind... thus here too there is perception, not of the senses, but of the mind...<<

Can the mind exist,without senses or organs like eyes-ears-nose-brain...etc?

Did not gravity exist before Newton gave us laws?

>>My dear friend, Minus body sense perception is varied... and it never would be in one definite state...<<

If there is no "body",what then is perceived and by whom? What 'state' are we talking about?

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back