• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rationalist Mu.Ka.Stalin is 55 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxrajamo

Stalin the anointed successor of MK turned 55 today. So all the IAS, IPS officers and other government officials greeted him and paid their respects. Not to forget, as a true rationalist and a true follower of Periyar, Stalin was garlanded with garlands that adorned various temple deities. Oh. One more thing. Not to be out done, the loyal Suya Mariyadhai cadres did not waste the golden chance of falling at his feet.

Posting the pictures below. You can read all about it at http://www.dinamalar.com/2007mar02/specialnews1.asp?newsid=4

Ramki

fpn04.jpg

stalin55_lr.jpg
arasiyaltop.jpg

Last edited:
kali muthiduthu....

idha dhan periyava 'kali muthiduthu' nu appave shonna !!!!!

nekku onnum puriyala...inga yenna nadakkaradhu naatulla......

LOL.

You might want to add (imagine MK saying this to Stalin) " Dey Ambi, masa masannu nikkathe. Seekirama snanam pannitu poi perumala sevichitu vaa. Seekiram Seekiram. Naaalu meetingiku poi "kadavul nambikkai enbathu Mooda nambikkainu " pracharam pannanum :)

Ramki

idha dhan periyava 'kali muthiduthu' nu appave shonna !!!!!

nekku onnum puriyala...inga yenna nadakkaradhu naatulla......

Rationalists - Can they be so till the end ? !!!!!

Ramki,

Your post reminds me of a one page story i read long long back.

It is a story of 2 rationalist lovers who get married according to suya mariyadhai scheme & get into wedlock at 'rahu kalam' etc... & break every single tenet about marriage.

The wife gets into the family way & delivers a baby. The baby is hale & healthy. The husband wants to do an encore by having the naming ceremony again on an inauspicious day & time & tries to discuss with his wife. To his utter surprise & shock the husband finds his wife dead against the idea. He tries to reason with her as to how they are a happy couple despite not following any tradition.

To which the wife replies - "Then i was your lover, now i am a mother"

I guess the with age & time, one mellows down & rigidity gives way. Adikka Adikka ammiyum nagarume !!!!!

Whether MK directs Stalin to go to temple or not, i guess Lord Vinayaka is always with MK. Just like for any pooja "manjal pillaiyar" is a must, for MK, "Manjal salvai" is a must !!!!!

Poojai punaskarangalai yelli nagaiyaadum "ina mana" thalaivar (appadinna matha thalaivargalukku manam illaya ?) DK president idha mattum kandu kollamal iruppadhu yeno ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hari,
While we can legitimately get fun out of this "tamaaz",your story makes a very important point.

DMk is no longer grounded in anti-hindu ideology,but only in anti-brahmana ideology and that too only against secular brahmanas ,particularly reservation in colleges and jobs .It is a tamil nationalist party.

DMK is like the mother in the story who is concerned about her children(non-brahmana tamils).

If you remember,this is the import of my posts in the thread"the reaon for hatred towards brahmanas"

Historians accept there are two varieties of Hinduism:Aryan Hinduism and Dravidian Hinduism.They overlap a great deal as far the philosophy of karma,moksha etc.

They diverge at the level of particular modes of worship,deities.

Karu is comfortable with temple worship,which is essentially dravidian.Elaborate temple worship is absent in North India nor does one find the intense rivalry between saivites and vaishnavites in north india.

Temple priests are under the control of Non Brahmanas.

But Brahmanas who lived in agrahaaras essentially were independent of non-brahmanas.They lived by the dictates of vedic religion.

Today we want to live by liberal humanist ideals.

But dravidian leaders who have a pragmatic/cheap outlook on life want to cut down brahmanas to a level,which will make us subservient to them(like the temple priests)."Dravida ina thalaivarkalai ,paarpanarkal ,asurarkal endru azhaithanar"-karu

Hmmm....I doubt

DMK is like the mother in the story who is concerned about her children(non-brahmana tamils).

Pappan sir,

I am not very sure on this point. I would be more willing to toe this line had they not insisted on "inclusion" of creamy layer. I suspect that the sympathies of the Dravida clan is not with the needy & poor but they have mis-placed concern for the rich OBCs & their spoilt kids.

Their continued resistance to using "economic criteria" makes them suspect in my estimation.

I again repeat my theory. If 85% of India comprises of Non Brahmins & 80% of India is poor, the "intersection" is a healthy 68%...Wonder why "economic criteria" cannot be the basis ?

Their single point agenda is to keep the "Brahmins" of any background, out at any cost. Never mind the poor rickshaw puller's son, the wealthy mudaliar/chettiar/abc/xyz should get preference.

Hari,
The dravidian view point is this:
They dont give a damn for scs,really backward castes like mutharayars(in tiruchi,karur)and numerous artisan castes,cheruppu thaikum thozhilali,irulas,narikuravas,todas etc.
even really backward among the vanniyars ,which is why the arch scoundrel of the PMK is pissed off with DMK.

but they hate brahmanas,because in open competition we will still pull off.They want to enjoy prestige/pelf through short cuts.This has been their mindset from the Justice party period.They justify it on the "Dravidian" race theory.

A section of the non-brahmanas realise their folly,but they are a prisoner of their past.With eramadochu breathing down karu's neck,they cannot change track.

i was talking to a knowledgable friend.His contention is the politicians are not anti-brahmana.It is pure vote bank politics.

Atheism/nasthigam is not something new invented by these rascals. It has been there since time immemorial. Its outfit created to cash in by dividing the hindu community into two - brahmins and non-brahmins. I think the fight between brahmins & non-brahmins is no longer relevant and if at all, it is there, it is only in the context of reservation in government employment and some govt run good institutions. That does not constitute or creat major opportunity for open category people like us. Both in education and employment it is the private sector that contributes more. Hence, there is no relevance to all the non-senses started by 'siriyar' (periyar) now. He started because, he himself is not a tamilian. To get a bowl full of food, you need to do something which was very attractive to the majority of the people in a society which is caste ridden. Now the people have understood the non-sense and the purpose. Never ever leave out this AIADMK as distinct from DMK - becauses it was AIADMK which provided 69% reservation to the BCS/OBCs/MBCs etc and the party which is also being headed by characterless and shameless people, who threw their character in cinema in the air and earned their livelihood. It is our fate that we have to be ruled by these rascals - be it DMK or ADMK

[SIZE=+2]Rationed ism[/SIZE]
Tamilnadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi doesn't need any special invitation to sharply spite and speak tastelessly against Hindus and their sacred sentiments. It is a kind of gross gaucheness that he has made a career out of. So it was no surprise to hear him again speak vulgarly ill of certain practices of Hindus at a function to release a book on rationalism. He chose the occasion to question, in a rough-cut edge, the idea behind going to such pilgrim centres like Kasi or Rameswaram and also wearing talismanic threads. Karunanidhi, who is a crass show pony when it comes to parading his so-called rationalism, also sledged those who wear holy ash or vermilion on their foreheads. In short, his speech was a primer on primitive and loathsome codding that are lexiconic antonyms to the ideas and idioms of a civilized world. Why Karunanidhi's words cannot pass off as spontaneous rationalist angst and can only be construed as duplicitous dirge against Hinduism is because of his careful (and integrity-less) selectivity. Hindu sentiments are not going to be less hurt if Karunanidhi had used his acidic words equally on Muslims and Christians and also perhaps questioned the rationale of going to Mecca or visiting Vatican. But if the yellow-towelled Chief Minister had also used his jaundiced views on every religious belief then there can be certain credibility (to him), even though the question of whether the chief helmsman of a secular government should open his mouth on matters religious remains. This is the problem with Karunanidhi and his chief lackey in such matters, K Veeramani (it is a matter of delicious irony that he shares his name with a high-octaved crooner whose songs on Lord Aiyappan is heard with devoted delight across temples and religious places in Tamilnadu), who think that they get into the pantheon of rationalist thinkers by regularly ridiculing the percepts and practices of Hinduism. Rationalism, at any rate, can only be a pilgrimage for personal discovery and not a joy-ride in the jaunty jalopy of jarring jibes.
There can be no honest debate with Karunanidhi in dialectical or theological terms about the significance of symbolism in religious matters. For, his own Dravidian ideology (for want of a word) is full of shaky symbolism that he derides so gleefully. But we are not going to put him ill at ease or trigger his famous anger by raking up again the reason for him sporting the amulet-like yellow shawl over his shoulders. But it is pertinent to point out here that whenever he is posed this thorny query, his response has been spectacularly inconsistent and gloriously guffaw-inducing. Some of them have been so ludicrously silly that even his die-hard supporters are forced to cringe in embarrassment. Heaven knows what brand of rationalism it is to mock at the sanctity of saffron dresses while seeing a sterling reason behind the pitch-dark black outfits that the self-appointed rationalists religiously believe in wearing.
The perfect and, in some respects, poetic riposte to Karunanidhi's unwashed observations could be seen in the reality of lakhs and lakhs visiting Thirunallar yesterday on the occasion of Saturn's transit. Crowds and confluence need not necessarily be the proof or vindication for religions and their practices thereof. But belief and faith are intrinsic instruments of individuals, they are articles of personal affirmation and they cannot be the trammelled theme of a State, especially of one ruled by a Chief Minister whose vocabulary seems filled with bigoted balderdash.
http://newstodaynet.com/06aug/ed1.htm

The following is a letter to the Editor, News Today by one Sundaresan.

Sir, This is with reference to the editorial 'RATIONED ISM' that appeared in News Today on 6 August. If Hitler went down as the greatest dictator in the annals of history, our soi disant self-respecter of Dravidian culture would go down as the greatest rationalist, not real and earnest, but a dubious and devious, ever to have donned the pages of the history of Tamilnadu. If Jews were the betenoire of Hitler, Hindus and Brahmins, that of our king Karunanidhi.
Hindu bashing in general and Brahmin baiting in particular is not something new that the king indulges in with gay abandon; hurting the sense and sensibilities of Hindus has been his second nature to which we the Hindus got injured to.
Sarcasm, double entendre, vituperation, expletives, innuendos, all that one could grope in the lexicon one can invariably find in his talks and speeches insofar as it relate to religion, caste and subjects connected therewith.
I am not insinuating at his temerity with other faiths, but the scars he has made all these years of his political career on Hindu psyche through his razor sharp tongue would never alienate him from a Hindu; for tolerance is his greatest virtue, forget and forgiveness his paraxial leitmotiv. The king should realise this is not limitless and guard himself against such jibes lest he gets caught off his guard by his 'rational ignorance'.

Two more letters worth posting. As I was reading I am reminded of some who would talk ill of Brahminism and Hinduism while never quitting it! Many times I have come across Brahmin friends joining non-Brahmin friends and indulging in fiery discussions denouncing casteism a la Bharathi style, but each one of them in my experience neither threw away his caste nor allowed his children to do so! Such is the power and glory of the castes! Perhaps this is the answer to "who are we?"!!

[SIZE=+2]Double standards[/SIZE]
Sir
This is with reference to your well-written editorial 'Rationed ism'. Chief Minister M Karunanidhi must set his own house in rationalistic order first, before giving a call to others.
Only two days before his rational call, his wife had inaugurated the marriage hall built by his son in Madurai, where in, the so-called 'rationalistic ideas & principles' were given a go-by.
Brahmin Priests have performed Yaga & Homams and they have also blessed the family with prasadam from Srivillipithur Andal Temple, before the 'ribbon-cutting' and 'lamp-lighting' done by the Chief Minister's wife. It is heartening to note the family's respect for Brahmin priests and Hindu rituals. May God bless them!
His daughter Kanimozhi, Speaker of the Tamilnadu Assembly Avudaiyappan and other Ministers and government officials, also attended the 'religious' function. Hailing from the so-called 'Dravidian' family, this is how they throw their rationalistic principles, when it comes to their self-interests.
The DK president Veeramani, who normally waxes eloquent on such functions, has turned a blindeye towards this particular event involving the Chief Minister's family.
Cheers to Dravidianism.
B R Haran, Thiruvanmiyur,
[SIZE=+2]Useless verbal exercise[/SIZE]
Sir,
It is quite evident that the choicest vituperations of yellow-covered Karunanidhi selectively on Hindu Gods and customs do not carry any conviction at all even among his own supposed followers.
He is being just tolerated or at best brushed aside as the usual useless verbal exercise while everyone continues to observe his religious practices, perhaps with renewed vigour.
The very fact that Periyar could not run even for a few weeks in spite of the concessions and bolstering by the State amply proves that majority of the people of Tamilnadu do not buy atheism at all.
The plain fact is that Karunanidhi does not represent the views, emotions and philosophy of Tamilians.
He just manages to remain in power in spite of having the support of a miniscule minority just because of his capacity to keep all other opposition at bay.
Even if God does not open his eyes, at least the failure of the film Periyar should have done it. It has not.
Parasuram Sharma, Chennai

DMK & Education

I want to add to this ....For Gods sake please dont claim DMK or any other political party is concerned about the education of people other than their own relatives. Can any minister pay a surprise visit to a Govt school and have midday meal with them? Can they send their relatives to such schools.This is the point i have already said. They have completely ignored the problem. Magic words,protests and forced policies will never solve the problem. The problem is much much bigger. Here they have politicized the education system . They can enact laws and control them.I bet most of the beneficiaries are those who are wealthy among the castes. I agree there are poor people also get the benefits. But this benefit is an artificial and enforced one. Can they eliminate or upgrade his/her skills ? The answer is no. Can they provide quotas for GRE,GMAT etc? Can they introduce quotas in NDTV,CNN-IBN? The answer lies in educational reforms , private and public (school)parterships (Even they can recruit good persons/professionals to educate the not so good schools in particular areas like english,math,science), using electronic mediums and provide a platform to eliminate the differences between a guy who can afford a good education and who cannot.They cannot transfer the problem.They have to resolve it.

Pappan sir,

I am not very sure on this point. I would be more willing to toe this line had they not insisted on "inclusion" of creamy layer. I suspect that the sympathies of the Dravida clan is not with the needy & poor but they have mis-placed concern for the rich OBCs & their spoilt kids.

Their continued resistance to using "economic criteria" makes them suspect in my estimation.

I again repeat my theory. If 85% of India comprises of Non Brahmins & 80% of India is poor, the "intersection" is a healthy 68%...Wonder why "economic criteria" cannot be the basis ?

Their single point agenda is to keep the "Brahmins" of any background, out at any cost. Never mind the poor rickshaw puller's son, the wealthy mudaliar/chettiar/abc/xyz should get preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back