• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramana Maharishi's teachings in Tamil

I came across a Youtube channel which features a teacher who seem to teach Vedanta in the context of teachings of Ramana Maharishi. Many of the lectures are in Tamil

Since some people seem to have interest in Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi's teachings I thought is may be useful to post here.

The teacher seems eloquent. I do not know if the teachings are authentic teachings of Vedanta. Those that have background in Maharishi's teaching may wish to comment. I have limited background in any of these though I have been doing self studies. I find it is a challenge to find in the social media those that really have very good understanding.

Here is the link

Dear Sri a-TB Sir,

Thank you for posting this. I will check this out in the next few days and post my reaction, of course, with my limited knowledge, if it will be useful to others.

Sri a-TB Sir,

I sincerely apologize for such a long delay in getting back. Travel and other obligations came in the way of watching the videos you referred to above.

First, Swami Ramana Swaroopananda Ji, seems real. He is part of Shankara Advaitha paramparai, from Chinmayananda order, and well versed in our scriptures. I enjoyed watching him. He is also well versed in Bhagawan’s teachings.

But, I am at a stage in life now, where I do not need to hear any more words about the Bhagawan. He is already entrenched in my heart. But for those who do not know, these videos may add one more layer of understanding about Bhagawan’s teachings. In that sense, it is all good.

The only small disturbance in my mind about the Swami is that it says in his biography that Bhagawan initiated him. But to my knowledge, Bhagawan explicitly stated that he has no lineage. Perhaps other much learned folks here can address this for adding to the knowledge of those interested. Thank you.

Sri a-TB Sir,

I sincerely apologize for such a long delay in getting back. Travel and other obligations came in the way of watching the videos you referred to above.

First, Swami Ramana Swaroopananda Ji, seems real. He is part of Shankara Advaitha paramparai, from Chinmayananda order, and well versed in our scriptures. I enjoyed watching him. He is also well versed in Bhagawan’s teachings.

But, I am at a stage in life now, where I do not need to hear any more words about the Bhagawan. He is already entrenched in my heart. But for those who do not know, these videos may add one more layer of understanding about Bhagawan’s teachings. In that sense, it is all good.

The only small disturbance in my mind about the Swami is that it says in his biography that Bhagawan initiated him. But to my knowledge, Bhagawan explicitly stated that he has no lineage. Perhaps other much learned folks here can address this for adding to the knowledge of those interested. Thank you.

Dear KRS sir, for any genuinely realized person there are no 'others' to initiate or claim as his disciples. The jnani sees only the one Self. Bhagavan made this clear many times. However there are many 'self appointed' disciples and interpreters with tall claims and big egos that make them claim such things. We must beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Sri a-TB Sir,

Dear KRS ji,
What if the " initiation" was not a physical one but was a subtle plane one?
There are cases of people who get initiated in dream state by deceased Gurus in the Sufi tradition what is called Rabitah where a silsila(chain of transmission) is formed...but its a very personalized mode of " initiation".

Sri a-TB Sir,

Dear Mr KRS Sir:

Thank you for taking the time to listen and provide your considered views. It is easy to ask an open ended question and I truly appreciate your sincerity to explore fully before responding.

I found the following by talking to a friend who has listened to this Swamiji in person at Chennai.

It seems this Swamiji is self initiated Sannyasi having performed all the rituals but only with Ramana Maharishi in his heart. He shares that on a direct question. Bhagavan himself was not initiated by anyone as far as I know.

In the end this is similar to value of Bitcoin - It all depends on the followers.

If his teaching is authentic then for most people it does not matter if a living person initiated him into Sannyasi life Or not.

Thanks again,

Sri a-TB Sir,

I have no qualification in any way to judge the merits of any performed initiations between a Guru and a Sishya or for that matter the Sanyasin vows.

My comment pertained mainly to the Bhagawan’s disposition not to initiate any parampara after him. While I understand a realized soul is beyond all this, I can point to other realized stalwarts in our tradition who enabled the creation of Jnana institutions after them, which fostered the Guru parampara tradition.

But, I am in no way opposed to what this Swamiji is doing. As I have said, in my opinion, he seems very knowledgeable and earnest. If Bhagawan did not want such a disciple to spread knowledge, it would not be happening, IMHO.

So, my initial tiny concern is now gone, after I thought my previous words above.

Hope this explains.

Latest ads

Back