• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotes serious and funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

Exercise will reduce your excess size

Brisk walking is alright to reduce excess weight

Running will always be helpful in thinning

Skipping will definitely help you in slimming

கிழ மொழிகள்

Do you feel tired after doing nothing

Don't worry; that is just the beginning of old age

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

Face is an index of age

It withers with age

Mind is an index of wisdom

It blooms with age

Let us learn from mistakes
and fight against failures
Not necessarily "ours"
Can also learn from "others".

Two most important days in your life are the day you are "born" and the day you find out "why". –Mark Twain

“Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.” ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Would you not agree that relationships are built on trust? Would you not also agree that most individuals think more in terms of “me” – my wants, my needs, my rights? What would wisdom dictate – would it not direct us to focus on trust-building principles and sacrificing ‘me’ for ‘we’?” ~ Stephen Covey, The 8th Habit

"When you say to a woman or a man, ‘I love you,’ you are simply saying, ‘I cannot be deceived by your body, I have seen you. Your body may become old but I have seen you, the bodiless you. I have seen your innermost core, the core that is divine.’ Liking is superficial. Love penetrates and goes to the very core of the person, touches the very soul of the person.” ~ Osho, Love, Freedom, Alonenss: The Koan of Relationships

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

All the progress is at the cost of hard work

All hard work is at the cost of happiness

Make a choice between the two

And chose the one that suits you

Or if by hard work, you feel merry

Then there is nothing for you to worry

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;

the realist adjusts the sails.

—William Arthur Ward

Nature does not distinguish between the rich and the poor
The sun, the moon and the elements are the same for all for ever

நாய் மொழிகள்

Even when all the rivers are in spate

Dogs can only lick and quench their thirst;
that is their fate

(வெள்ளம் என்னதான் கரைபுரண்டு ஓடினாலும், நாய் நக்கித்தான் குடிக்கும்)

Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” ~ Dalai Lama

“In real love there is no relationship, because there are not two persons to be related to. In real love there is only love, a flowering, a fragrance, a melting, a merging. Only in egoistic love are there two persons, the lover and the loved. And whenever there is the lover and the loved, love disappears. Whenever there is love, the lover and the beloved both disappear into love.” ~ Osho,

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” ~ Sam Keen

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

Don't make every opportunity into a problem

Instead convert every problem into an opportunity

If you don’t make mistakes,

you’re not working on hard enough problems.

And that’s a big mistake.

—Frank Wilczek

When you understand where people are coming from, what they are trying to say, what’s important to them, and so forth, being understood flows naturally; it falls into place with virtually no effort.” ~ Richard Carlson, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff

Dependency may appear to be love because it is a force that causes people to fiercely attach themselves to one another. But in actuality it is not love; it is a form of antilove. It has its genesis in a parental failure to love and it perpetuates the failure. It seeks to receive rather than to give. It nourishes infantilism rather than growth. It works to trap and constrict rather than to liberate. Ultimately it destroys rather than builds relationships, and it destroys rather than builds people.” ~ Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled

As you put more emphasis on being a loving person, which is something you can control – and less emphasis on receiving love, which is something you can’t control – you’ll find that you have plenty of love in your life.” ~ Richard Carlson, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

Unnecessary talk kills friendship

Unwanted silence kills kinship

Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.

—Alfred A. Montapert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back