• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

Visalakshi Ramani

statement1. Great poets love wine and women.

statement 2. I love wine and women.

Inference: I too am a great poet!

But sadly this argument is a fallacy in the terms of Logic.

The similarity stops with wine and women.

It CANNOT be extended to the great poetry!

Visalakshi Ramani

The thread was launched to learn the words of wisdom of famous persons...

not their weaknesses and personal peculiarities.

When kannadasan moves in ...the whole of Kollywood will move in!

Will Bollywood and Tellywood follow??? :noidea:

Raghy

#61.

I love JD and I love appreciating beauty. I never said I am a poet or what ever. So, at least I know who I am. No one can show I boasted myself as a poet anywhere.

Last edited:

Raghy

Kannadasan said tons of words of wisdom. He was a very famous person. I could write 1,000s of great philosophical quotes from Kannadasan.

Visalakshi Ramani

Innuendos is not the right word

since those famous quotes with the names of their authors
and the presenters are in black and white for anyone to look up.

It is needless to repeat them again wasting time and cyber space.

I am glad at least two persons understood my requirement correctly
and posted valuable quotes from two mahaatmass. :angel:

Last edited:

Visalakshi Ramani

I love JD and I love appreciating beauty. I never said I am a poet or what ever. So, at least I know who I am. No one can show I boasted myself as a poet anywhere.
Are you the ONLY member in the forum???
I just gave a ready example.
Everyone knows that you are not a poet!

Visalakshi Ramani

Frank Sinatra was a famous person. Period. I posted authentic quotes from him. What's more, there would be more quotation from Kannadasan too when I get the time. Are you going to question them too? Let us see.
You brought the wine and a poet into the argument. Not me!!!
I just formed an example out of the words given by you.

Raghy

Hi VR,

All the members just like to have some good time. Only since you 'demanded' only quotations can be posted in this thread, I posted few quotations; otherwise I would not have bothered. All of us are different. I could be talking about JD one day; discussing advaita the next; discussing about surgery procedure yet later.... as long as people post something interesting and witty, what is your problem? You can be inflexible or enjoy with others.. choice is yours.

Cheers!

Raghy

Sri. Anand Manohar, Greetings.

I got drenched in the rain yesterday - the rain was solid !
Was that a heavy snow fall? I would think it's a bit too early for an heavy snow fall.. Once I went through that in a February... Rain was frozen and fell in snow balls! ( luckily was not ice though). That rain was almost solid. Or did you go through an hail storm in Chennai?

( I am addressing the rest of your message in Sunday Musings thread).

Cheers!

Naina_Marbus

Post#10
" Thank God, that I am an atheist ! ".

Or should it be :

" Just look at all these religious morons. I wonder what it would like tobe one of them. God Forbid " ?

Thank God

Yay Yem
Post #52
...... why should we be quoting someone else all the time? I think, there'senough humor, eccentricity,wisdom and knowledge [ or lack of it all ] for us toqualify to be 'quoted'.

I think we should attribute some of these wise-cracks to ourselves too.

I got drenched in the rain yesterday - the rain was solid !

Yay Yem
" Thank God, that I am an atheist ! "--- This is a quote attributed to Luis Buñuel (1900 - 1983) a Spanish film maker. He was an iconoclast and an international movie director who made several avant-garde movies.

" Just look at all these religious morons.I wonder what it would like to be one of them. God Forbid "
This item can be found at http://wownot.com/thank-god-i-am-an-atheist/

Last edited:

Visalakshi Ramani

dear Prof N_M,

When A.M ji himself did not give the name author of the quotes

you have taken the trouble to do so! I am duly amazed!!!

Anand Manohar

Dear Tmt VR

That wasn't meant to be a "Quote " - you seem to have missed the point altogether!

Now do you get it - what I thanked God for ?

Yay Yem

Raghy

Greetings.

Thanks to Google.......

உன்னால் முடியும் என்று எண்ணுவதையோ அல்லது முடியும் என்று கனவு காண்பதையோ துணிந்து தொடங்கு. உனது துணிவிலேயே அறிவும், ஆற்றலும், மந்திரமும் அடங்கியுள்ளன.
- Goethe.

நம்பிக்கையோடு உன் முதலடியை எடுத்து வை. முழுப் படிக்கட்டையும் நீ பார்க்க வேண்டிய அவசியமில்லை. முதல் படியில் ஏறு.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

செய்ய முடியும் என்று நம்பு. ஒன்றைச் செய்ய முடியும் என்று நீ முழுதாய் நம்பும்போது, உன் மனம் அதைச் செய்து முடிக்கும் வழிகளைக் கண்டறியும். ஒரு காரியத்தில் வைக்கும் நம்பிக்கை, அந்தக் காரியத்தை முடிக்கும் வழியையும் காட்டுகிறது.
- Dr. David Schwartz

Raghy

Greetings.

அரிய செயல்கள் அனைத்தும் விடாமுயற்சியாலேயே அடையப் பெற்றிருக்கின்றன; வெறும் வலிமையால் மட்டும் அல்ல.
- Samuel Johnson.

பொதுவாக, வெற்றி என்பது, மற்றவர்கள் கைவிட்டுவிட்ட பின்பும் அயராமல் தொடர்வதாலேயே கிட்டுவதாகும்.- William Feather.

உன்னிடம் மறைந்திருக்கும் ஆற்றல்களை வெளிக்கொணரும் வழி விடா முயற்சியும், தொடர்ந்த உழைப்புமே ஆகும்; வலிமையோ, புத்திசாலித்தனமோ அல்ல.- Sir Winston Churchill .

நான் மெதுவாக நடப்பவன்தான்; ஆனால், ஒருபோதும் பின்வாங்குவதில்லை.
- Abraham Lincoln.

Cheers!

Raghy

Greetings.

உன்னை அறிந்தால் - நீ
உன்னை அறிந்தால்
உலகத்தில் போராடலாம்!
உயர்ந்தாலும் தாழ்ந்தாலும்
தலை வணங்காமல் நீ வாழலாம்!!

- கவிஞர் கண்ணதாசன்.

Raghy

Greetings.

Motivational quote...

தேடிச் சோறு நிதம் தின்று - பல
சின்னஞ்சிறு கதைகள் பேசி
வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று - பிறர்
வாடப் பல செயல்கள் செய்து - நரை
கூடிக் கிழப்பருவம் யெய்தி - கொடுங்
கூற்றுக்கிரை எனப் பின் மாயும் - பல
வேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போல நானும் - இங்கு
வீழ்வேன் என்று நினைத்தாயோ?

- மகாகவி சுப்பிரமணிய பாரதி.

Raghy

Greetings.

More motivational ...

உதவி கிட்டும் என்ற நம்பிக்கையுடன், அஞ்சாமல் செயலில் ஈடுபடு. எங்கிருந்தாவது உதவி உன்னை வந்து சேரும். நம்பிக்கை இருந்தால், செயல் வெற்றி பெறும்! - சுவாமி விவேகானந்தர்.

சுயமாக முன்னேறிய மனிதன் என்று ஒன்று கிடையாது. எனக்கு அதிக உதவிகள் கிட்டின. நான் கண்டுகொண்டது என்னவெனில், நீ உழைக்கத் தயாராய் இருந்தால், பலர் உனக்கு உதவத் தயாராய் இருக்கிறார்கள்.
- O. Wayne Rollins.

ஒருவனுக்கு மீனைக் கொடு; அவனுக்கு நீ ஒரு நாள் மட்டுமே உணவளித்தவனாவாய். அவனுக்கு மீன் பிடிக்கக் கற்றுக் கொடு; அவனுக்கு நீ அவனது வாழ்நாள் முழுக்க உணவளித்தவனாவாய்.
- Lao Tzu

Cheers!

C RAVI

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”

― Groucho Marx

C RAVI

“The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts