• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

Don't be cynical. Cynicism takes away enthusiasm and builds a negative mindset. Move from apathy to action. To finish first, you must first finish. Move from rhetoric to action. Leadership is an action, not a word. Build a climate of honesty, hard work and excellence. Build a social conscience and benchmark yourself with the best in the world. Be honest and true to the profession and act fearlessly. Always seek the truth. Learn from the advances abroad. Think how you can support institutions that have helped you reach where you are — your school

N.R. Narayanamurthy (Founder of Infosys)

I believe that we have all at some time eaten the fruit from trees that we did not plant. In the fullness of time, when it is our turn to give it behooves us in turn to plant gardens that we may never eat the fruit of, which will largely benefit generations to come, I believe this is our responsibility one that I hope you will shoulder in time.

N.R. Narayanamurthy (Founder of Infosys)

Superb VR maam.... Like Ramana Maharishi tells you have put the search of a human being in his entire life in four line, as to what should, & where should he search for the Lord Almighty, who is so close and near still we look for him in somrwhere ele.அண்ட சராசரமெல்லாம் தேடியும் கிடைக்காதவனை நம் மனத்தினுள் காணலாம் என்பதை மிகவும் அழகாக சொல்லிவிட்டீர்கள்

இருக்கும் இடத்தை விட்டு
இல்லாத இடம் தேடி
எங்கெங்கோ அலைகின்றார்
ஞானத் தங்கமே - அவர்
ஏதும் அறியாரடி ஞானத் தங்கமே!

People

Let the people think that they govern
and they will be governed. :heh:
William Penn.

Other people are quite dreadful :hand:
The only possible society is oneself. :couch2:
Oscar Wilde.

I knew that Sri. N.R.N is a great person.
His quotes prove it beyond all doubts.
Thank you Mr. vagne for posting them here!
Are you in Infosys by any chance! :)

No Madam...From humble beginnings to meteoric heights NRN's life symbolises the growing aspirations of middle class....What with stifling of merit & opportunities in the garb of reservation NRN is a role model...What I enamour about him is that despite reaching dizzy heights he remains very humble...He is an epitome of sincerity,devotion and hard work...And he is a simple person to the core...This quality endears him to one & all

Liberation is not anywhere outside you. It is only within. If a man is anxious for deliverance, the internal Guru (Master) pulls him in and the external Guru pushes him into the Self. This is the grace of the Guru.

Sri Ramana Maharishi
(1879-1950)

When you give up thinking of outward objects and prevent your mind from going outwards by turning it inwards and fixing it in the Self, the Self alone remains.

Sri Ramana Maharishi
(1879-1950)

Pain or pleasure is the result of past Karma and not of the present Karma. Pain and pleasure alternate with each other. One must suffer or enjoy them patiently without being carried away by them. One must always try to hold on to the Self. When one is active one should not care for the results and must not be swayed by the pain or pleasure met with occasionally. He who is indifferent to pain or pleasure can alone be happy

Sri Ramana Maharishi
(1879-1950)

Happiness is your nature.
It is not wrong to desire it.
What is wrong is seeking it outside
When it is inside

Sri Ramana Maharishi
(1879-1950)

Last edited:
People

I do not want people to be very agreeable,
as it saves me the trouble of
liking them a great deal. :hand:
Jane Austin.

Happy the people whose annals are
blank in the history books. :peace:
Thomas Carlyle.

Quotes of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

One cannot attain divine knowledge till one gets rid of pride. Water does not stay
on the top of a mound; but into low land it flows in torrents from all sides

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny.

Tryon Edwards

ref#266
பள்ளமும், வெள்ளமும்!

முதிர்ந்த கதிர் தலை சாய்ந்திருக்கும்;
முதிராத பதர்கள் வானம் நோக்கும்.
நிறைந்த எடைத்தட்டு கீழே செல்லும்;
குறைந்த எடைத்தட்டு மேலோங்கும்.

கனிந்த மரக்கிளை பணிந்திருக்கும்;
கனி இல்லாதது விறைத்து நிற்கும்.
கனமுடைய பொன் நீரில் மூழ்கும்;
கனமில்லாத மரம் நீரில் மிதக்கும்,

பண்புள்ளவர்களே பணிவுள்ளவர்கள்;