• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Prescriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember once I was in a rural set up and a young man was brought in dead..found dead by the side of the road with no visible signs of external injury.
Not even a scratch on his body.
Cause of death had to be determined by post mortem only and I could not do that in a remote set up cos there was no facilities for that.
I was in a real remote place and the nearest state hospital was 1 hour away.

But before that the police inspector wanted to close up the case and was telling me to write any cause of death cos the crowd was building up in the clinic and for their community a post mortem is considered mutilating the body.

I stood to my grounds saying the cause of death can not be determined without a post mortem cos it could even be foul play.

That inspector made it worse by announcing to the angry crowd that its the doctor who does not want to co operate and wants to refer the case for a post mortem.

The crowd got real mad after hearing that and my mum who was staying with me there got scared and was afraid that the crowd would attack me.

The crowd called up a local politician and told him about the case.
The politician called me and asked me if a post mortem was really needed.

I explained to him in detail and he informed the crowd later that the post mortem was inevitable and I refered the case for a post mortem.

I still remember the relative of the deceased shouting at me saying "If anything happens to my relative I will kill you!!"

I was thinking to myself that when he was already dead what else could happen.

Dear Doc

I am glad you did not have to stand "your ground" outside / inside a labour ward as cause of birth
could be suspected of 'foul play'.

Yay Yem

Dear Doc

I am glad you did not have to stand "your ground" outside / inside a labour ward as cause of birth
could be suspected of 'foul play'.

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

Cause of birth in most cases are : A moment of pleasure and failure of contraception!!

Namaskarams,

Dear Renukaji,

It is just for my knowledge-

If the medicine is of a single chemical composition, then we can call the medicine with the chemical name. Suppose, if it is a compound of two-three chemicals such as folic acid+some other main acids, then how it will be referred to.

anbudan
adiyen
India can do with about 200 drugs, medicine or combinations for common ailments against which the market offers 6,000 names - just by adding the power or adding just unimportant fortification. We have an open market - ignore or circumvent FDA - and open patients to oblige the market. I think actually the 6,000 or about combinations only has inflated the cost and the MRP very highly.

Dear Renuka

Cause of birth : Accident [ failure of contraception - residual karma]
Cause of death: Accident [ road/rail/industrial - precipitated karma]

The period between the 1st accident and the 2nd accident, incidents & co-incidents [ volatile karma ? ]

Please elaborate

Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

But 'life' I never thought of as an 'interval'. Birth & Death, I thought were meant to be say,
Entry & Exit points - life, pre-birth & post-death is supposed to continue, no !!!???!!

Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

I Don't know why, but when I read some of the weirdest med jokes, I get reminded of you !

Here's one of them - it goes something like this:

An elderly lady to Doc: " Doc, I am passing a lot of wind, and it's so embarrassing "

Doc : " Passing wind is a pretty natural phenomenon, there is nothing to be embarrassed about it"

Lady:" But Doc, I don't hear a thing and doesn't even smell bad "

Doctor gives her a prescription and asks her to come for a review after a week.

After a week, Doc " How are you feeling now ? "

Lady : " The wind is about the same, but it has started to smell really bad "

Doc : " Excellent "

Lady : " What do you mean Excellent , Doc ?"

Doc : " We've fixed your sinuses, now all we have to do is to take a look at
your hearing ".

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

I Don't know why, but when I read some of the weirdest med jokes, I get reminded of you !

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

I guess becos all the doctors you have met so far are real serious ones who don't have much sense of humor.
You know sometimes it can be really boring to attend medical CME(Continuing Medical Education meetings) cos each doctor will try to be so so serious and each one tries to put on a dignified act.

Don't know why such boring creatures exists!!LOL

Once I shared a table with a lady doctor so I started talking to her just to be friendly and all she gave me was one word replies.

This is the best part ..at one CME I finally found another lady doctor who was friendly.
She was speaking well and we exchanged phone numbers too.

Then her calls became very very frequent and I realized that she was suffering from Schizophrenia.
So I thought no wonder she was friendly and not serious like other doctors.
Anyway a schizo is still better than a unfriendly person.

Dear Renuka

I am not sure about the first part, all of them have a terrific sense of humor and some of them
as absolute clowns themselves.

The second part though, I agree - the snobs, they have their noses so high in the air
as if they were smelling for God's farts !

Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

Why have you changed the pictorial next to your name ? Did the Sheikh have anything to do with it ?

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

Do you mean why I changed my avatar from my own pic to this rat avatar?
Poor Sheikh...he is being dragged into many things!!!LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renuka

I don't know why/how you chose the picture of a rat ! I actually have a cousin
Dr Ratnakumar and his wife Dr Bhuvanehawari - we call them "Rat & Boo" .

Picture of the rat avatar - was it meant to scare the Sheikh away ?

Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

I don't know why/how you chose the picture of a rat ! I actually have a cousin
Dr Ratnakumar and his wife Dr Bhuvanehawari - we call them "Rat & Boo" .

Picture of the rat avatar - was it meant to scare the Sheikh away ?

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

You see with my real pic, I have to be somewhat "good"cos my face is visible.
With a Rat with fangs avatar I can be "BAD"!!

But I don't know may be I might upload my pic again in the near future.

BTW why scare the Sheikh away?
Sheikh writes stuff which gives me chance to have a Vadam and Prativadam of any sort.
Sheikh is a brave person and loves the idea of an ideal loving marriage.
Sheikh is like a camel which carries the idea of love on his back!!LOL

Wait till Sheikh sees this..ha ha ha

Dear Renuka

Have you heard of " Raja Veettu Kannu Kutti " ? Maybe we can, in today's context call him
" Sheikh Beyt Camel Kutty " [ SBCK ] - that speaks a lot for his stamina and sustenance -
having lived through the worst economic times in that part of the world. Camel has been the symbol
for endurance and hope in the worst of geographical conditions for centuries now.

SBCK also seems to be loaded with excellent music - he has uploaded some terrific stuff.
He'll be back once he's found his new oil/gas wells .

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

You see with my real pic, I have to be somewhat "good"cos my face is visible.
With a Rat with fangs avatar I can be "BAD"!!

But I don't know may be I might upload my pic again in the near future.

With a Rat, and with saying BAD things, you may also seem like a DEVIL quoting the scriptures.
So please change your icon to something that has positive connotation.

With a Rat, and with saying BAD things, you may also seem like a DEVIL quoting the scriptures.
So please change your icon to something that has positive connotation.

Dear NainaJi,

That's duality...the pairs of opposite.
GOOD and BAD is just a perception.
The DEVIL is our own evil thoughts.
The RAT carries even Lord Ganesha on its back.

Gajanana Hey Gajanana
Gauri Thanayaa Gajanana
Hey Shivanandana Jaya Jagavandhana
Vidya Buddhi Pradhayaka
Parama Niranjana Mooshikavaahana
Gajanana Hey Gajanana

Dear Renuka

You could've atleast said Kangaroo [ but they don't occur naturally in that part of the world].

If we can Krishnan Kuttys and Raman Kuttys, who themselves Kutties, who have Kutties who
have Kutties who have Kutties who have Kutties, then why not SBCK ?

Why are you so keen on making Ravi a pregnant camel ?

Please revert to your "diva picture" , as Tmt VR described.

Yay Yem

Dear Renuka

You could've atleast said Kangaroo [ but they don't occur naturally in that part of the world].

If we can Krishnan Kuttys and Raman Kuttys, who themselves Kutties, who have Kutties who
have Kutties who have Kutties who have Kutties, then why not SBCK ?

Why are you so keen on making Ravi a pregnant camel ?

Please revert to your "diva picture" , as Tmt VR described.

Yay Yem

Oh you want Diva pic?
That pic was just taken in the house garden at my son's birthday last July.
If you want Diva pic..I will have to go to a photo studio and get proffesional make up and get Gautam Rajadhyaksha(proffesional photographer for Divas) to take the pic.

You see he won't take the pic for me cos I am no celebrity and he is also not alive now,so too bad yaar..you get Mushika Diva only!!LOL

BTW imagine Ravi as a pregnant Camel going through labour pains!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back