• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Precision Religion

renuka

The days of one size fit all for patients with any sickness are over.
These days its more of Precision Medicine where clinically a patient's response and progress or even bio-chemical parameters is so individualized that what is "normal" for one person isn't really "normal" for another person.

There is no need to standardize everyone's health as just "This way and No other way".

Keeping that in mind...why not we humans think of Religion as in Precision Religion?

That is each person's perception is individualized and how they perceive religion/God/Culture need not actually match another person's perception even if they are from the same community.

What I am writing isn't really alien to the Indian thinking becos as Indians the culture is very much an individualized culture...but I still won't call it "Precision Religion" because each community to some extent is still expected to have a herd mentality approach to culture and religion.

Over and over again we see posts in this forum where a silent cry of decline in the adherence of culture/religion/ etc.

My questions is "Can one size fit all even in the same community itself or can one size fit all even in the same family"

May be there is no actual decline in anything just that may be each human has different needs and everyone is forced into getting into the same lane and causing a massive traffic congestion in their minds.

So do we really expect all five fingers in a hand to function the same?

It is not one size fit all. It is just one size fit many.
I say again. As far my religion is concerned, it is very flexible. My doing the pooja daily chanting Na dharma nishtosmi, na chaaathmavedi, na bhaktimans dwachcharanaaravinde, akinchano ananya gatissaranya, twat paathamoolam saranam prapathye is not the same as my elementary school class mate back in my village offering a pot of home brewed arrack to Kaaththavarayan in front of his house as far as the process is concerned. But content -if I may call it so- is the same. the process are different while the concept is same.
I do not know about other religions.

It is not one size fit all. It is just one size fit many.
I say again. As far my religion is concerned, it is very flexible. My doing the pooja daily chanting Na dharma nishtosmi, na chaaathmavedi, na bhaktimans dwachcharanaaravinde, akinchano ananya gatissaranya, twat paathamoolam saranam prapathye is not the same as my elementary school class mate back in my village offering a pot of home brewed arrack to Kaaththavarayan in front of his house as far as the process is concerned. But content -if I may call it so- is the same. the process are different while the concept is same.
I do not know about other religions.
You sound very Quranic when you described your pooja and your friends Pooja.....Lakum Deenukum Wa Liya Deen(For you your way..for me my way)

You sound very Quranic when you described your pooja and your friends Pooja.....Lakum Deenukum Wa Liya Deen(For you your way..for me my way)
But with a difference "for you your way ...for me my way. But we will reach the same destination. Neither your way nor my way is the only highway". I do not know what Quran says on this. Please enlighten.

Latest ads

Back