• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Performance of Sandhyavandanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I was doing Sandhyavadhanam regularly till I got job and was also continuing it for few days in the house which was shared by other brahmin bachelors. As you all know the languages used by bachelors, I didnt want the vedic mantras to be mixed with those words and discontinued. After that I started doing it during the upanayam of my son and discontinued it after some time as my official posting made me to leave the house before 6 AM and return back after 10.30 PM.
I want to do it now.

It is better to restart than abandon it once and for all.It is really great that there is shredda,eagerness in you to continue the practice though there have been interruptions in between for various reasons.

I would like an mp3 file for step by step of Sandhya Vandanam

Does any one need Sandhya Vandanam or Yajur Upakarma step by step instruction. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sai.

Dear Sai Ji,

I am looking for a MP3 file of Sandhyavandanam, which shows step by step, arranging the needed things, change of yajnopaveetham, sitting posture and the performance ,with the needed mantras uttered in a slow manner so that there is sufficient time for new comers to follow while doing it in practice. I have made a specific request for audio mp3 file, because I am not conversant with reading tamil and sanskrit.

I have listened to the Sandhya Vandanam audio files available on this site which would be very helpful to me, but I do not see any option to download these files. If any member can give me a link to download these files also that would be great help.

Your help would be appreciated. Any help from other members is also welcome.

K.Ramachandran Bombay

Last edited:
I would also be happy to know the step by step way of performing sandhya vandhanam. If I can get a video downlaod it would be good or even a MP3 will be fine

Dear All,

Sandhya Vandhanam is a Nithya Karma. Without performing Nithya Karma there is no use in worshiping god/ performing pithiur karma. Pls try to perform Nithya Karma daily.

Regards
Hariharan

Dear Sai Ji,

I am looking for a MP3 file of Sandhyavandanam, which shows step by step, arranging the needed things, change of yajnopaveetham, sitting posture and the performance ,with the needed mantras uttered in a slow manner so that there is sufficient time for new comers to follow while doing it in practice. I have made a specific request for audio mp3 file, because I am not conversant with reading tamil and sanskrit.

I have listened to the Sandhya Vandanam audio files available on this site which would be very helpful to me, but I do not see any option to download these files. If any member can give me a link to download these files also that would be great help.

Your help would be appreciated. Any help from other members is also welcome.

K.Ramachandran Bombay
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ramachandran, All the details you require are available @ kandamangalam.com.
The rendering is very slow to be followed by beginners and also with short explanations
where ever required.sankalpam for all karmas and with specific mention for who reside in US is clearly given
You can download them also.If your purpose is solved inform other forum members.with warm regards Renganathan. chennai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ramachandran, All the details you require are available @ kandamangalam.com.
The rendering is very slow to be followed by beginners and also with short explanations
where ever required.sankalpam for all karmas and with specific mention for who reside in US is clearly given
You can download them also.If your purpose is solved inform other forum members.with warm regards Renganathan. chennai.
Dear Wrongan,
thanks for the link. It works and can also be downloaded

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

Of course I dont do it. And I regret for that. Can anybody teach me that. I would like to do Sandyavandanam everyday. Please help me.

By going to the following site

http://www.ahobilam.com/Library/Default.aspx

Iyengar rituals-Sri Vaishnava-Wedding,upanayanam,grihapravesam...

the procedures can be practised.

More details are available as indicated below :

sama-sandhyavandhanam.pdf 281964 1/18/2011 5:34:32 PM
sandhya.pdf 55955 2/16/2007 5:55:00 PM
sandhyai-all3.pdf 61628 5/15/2009 5:19:40 PM
thrikala-sandhi.pdf 60966 5/15/2009 5:12:32 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back