• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

pancha katcha - correct procedure iin image or writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen men in the family tie pancha kachcham with the regular irattai veshti.
One tip will be tucked in the front and the other tip at the back!
Thank god they do not come off!

If one is not able to wear pancha Katcham properly, Kastam only for others!!
I try only during Srartham , that too with the help of Sasthrigal; He is to help me , of course cursing me in his mind since he used to do some munumuppu while helping me!!

May be he will stop cursing if you give extra dakshinai

as fees for helping with the pancha kachcham!

When the junior sasthrigaL helped my son to wear the panchakacham for the first time on his wedding day,

Rs. 101 was given as dakshiMai! :) Now the 'fee' may be more!

When the junior sasthrigaL helped my son to wear the panchakacham for the first time on his wedding day,

Rs. 101 was given as dakshiMai! :) Now the 'fee' may be more!

Raji Madam

No one pays Dakshnai for helping to tie Madisar to bride !! Poor old Madisar Mamis with all their experience help the bride, but do they get anything for that service?

I am really thrilled to get to know the way the panjagacham has to be worn. Though I am totally not familar with wearing panjakacham, I tried on an important day and was partly successful. I found it very comfortable. I wil try to improve my wearing and follow on our religious occassions. tks

....... No one pays Dakshnai for helping to tie Madisar to bride !! Poor old Madisar Mamis with all their experience help the bride, but do they get anything for that service?
You have to update, Sir! Only the start of the MadisAr is by a senior mAmi and later the beautician takes up the job,

in many weddings. Their fee is sky high! There is one famous lady in Bangalore (now Bangaluru), who has 'one minute'

as a prefix to her name. She can drape any style of saree in one minute!
:cool:

Those days mAmAs were 'killAdi's. :lol:
hi
i agreed....but now a days MAMIS are killadi too.......those days mamis not much educated..........those who study upto high school

are considered like ph.d holders....those who study upto 5th standard are considered that like like post graduate holders....any

ways those days many mamas were energetic and handsome too...like some mirasdar family males....now a days mamis are

not wearing madisaar daily....ONLY NIGHTIES IN DAY TIME....... so there are different problems now...

hi

what else to do...if i continue more Raji Madam
Adippa!!!

இங்கே பட்டும் படாமலும்....தொட்டும் தொடமல்லும் பேசினா .....ராஜி மேடம் அடிக்க மாட்டங்க.......raghy sir கு ரொம்ப பிடித்த subject .....

Last edited:
hi

It will be nice if tambrams wear veshti and panchakachchan during temple visit.

i agreed .. i like to do so...but i tried in tirupati trip tooo.....but i think if i got tirupati like temple....a lot of crowd too...sometime

my panchakatcham will be taken away/removed in jaragandi rush....then i have to come out from temple with my UNDERWEAR ONLY....

its tough now a days....many like to do so...but impossible to think....

Last edited:
hi

i agreed .. i like to do so...but i tried in tirupati trip tooo.....but i think if i got tirupati like temple....a lot of crowd too...sometime

my panchakatcham will be taken away/removed in jaragandi rush....then i have to come out from temple with my UNDERWEAR ONLY....

tbs sir
it is hardly staying in the hip, i use belt always; another problem, ,there is every chance to fall as the bottom portion might get struck in the toe!! Another disadvantage is young girl see those wearing Panchakatcham as very old ( even when i was only in my 30's ) whereas they see those Dhoto/Pant wearing guys as young!!

Perhaps one solution is 'go the whole hog', with gold-silver araignan'!

Some practice sessions in Guruvayur may help; here too queues are long and a bit unruly where the queues merge.

hi

...sometime my panchakatcham will be taken away/removed in jaragandi rush....then i have to come out from temple with my UNDERWEAR ONLY....

Only to help in such situations, ready-made panchakacham is stitched!

Tie the tape and forget about it!!:thumb:

.... Some practice sessions in Guruvayur may help; here too queues are long and a bit unruly where the queues merge.
Dear Sir,

I think in Guruvayur there are only two Qs merging - senior and general. But in Thirupathi, there are many more like free,
Rs. 50, Rs. 300, Special SevAs, senior citizens and the crowd is unimaginable and more unruly! :bump2:

Anyone gets 'chutnified'. Ladies are found more modest by keeping their sarees tucked properly and no floating 'pallus'!

Some practice sessions in Guruvayur may help; here too queues are long and a bit unruly where the queues merge.

hi

if u go with go wth gold/siver araignan in the rush.............then gold /silver araignan GOVINDAAAAAAA....means gold/siver go away....

may be possible thread araignan get back.....

All viable solutions are turned down! For some with quivering pot bellies, even belts are inadequate. Stitched kachcham with suspenders!

hi

if u go with go wth gold/siver araignan in the rush.............then gold /silver araignan GOVINDAAAAAAA....means gold/siver go away....

may be possible thread araignan get back.....

If the office and the home are in the same premises and :decision:

if mami goes round dressed in the airy nightie during the day...:decision:

yes, there will be a different set of problems! :high5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back