• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

pancha katcha - correct procedure iin image or writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sis,
The only problem with these ready-made madisArs / panchakachams is that they won't dry easily when 'madi' is needed! :pray2:

You may remember that I stitched the inner portion of the madisAr, cutting 3 and 1/2 yards from the 10 yards saree, so that

the longer piece could be worn as a regular saree, after using it as an add-on to the madisAr! It dries up fast too! :thumb:
hi RR madam,
idea maamikku .....madisar kooda idea thaan....lol

..... idea maamikku .....madisar kooda idea thaan....lol
Very true, TBS Sir! I wrote about this in எண்ண அலைகள், Post # 88 in page 9. Here are the lines:

கல்யாண வைபோகமே ..... VIII

இரண்டு நாட்களும் 'மாமி' உடையில் சுற்ற வேண்டுமே;
இரண்டு 'மடிசார்' புடவைகள் கைவசம் வேண்டுமே!

'ரெடிமேட்' ஆடை போல, மூன்று கெஜம் தைத்தால்,
மடிசார் கட்டுவதை மிகவும் எளிமைப் படுத்தலாம்.

தைத்துக் கட்டக் கூடாது என்ற பயமுறுத்தலை ஓரமாய்
வைத்து, இரண்டு புது மடிசார்கள் 'ரெடி' பண்ணியிருந்தேன்!

அஞ்சியபடி மேலும் கீழும் நடக்க வேண்டாம் - மேலும்
எஞ்சிய ஆறு கெஜத்தை, புடவையாகவும் உடுத்தலாம்!

அவையிலிருந்த மாமிகள் கண்டுபிடித்தனர், இதை அன்று;
அவ்வை ஷண்முகி போல என் அனாயாச நடை கண்டு!

There was one problem when I told about this in Ram's village. Some mAmis started commenting that the madisAr saree

should be in ONE piece and should not be cut!! ( 'தைத்துக் கட்டக் கூடாது என்ற பயமுறுத்தலை...' )

Even Sing. Chennai cloth stores have these ready-made madisAr sarees. I have not seen them though!

Dear Sis,
The only problem with these ready-made madisArs / panchakachams is that they won't dry easily when 'madi' is needed!

You may remember that I stitched the inner portion of the madisAr, cutting 3 and 1/2 yards from the 10 yards saree, so that

the longer piece could be worn as a regular saree, after using it as an add-on to the madisAr! It dries up fast too!

The stitched dress displayed can neither be ironed nor stored properly!

The madisaar which will defy being maduchified (folded) :)

The two piece madisaar is much easier to wash, iron and store, since one of

them is a regular sari and the other just has kosuvam in one end.
:thumb:

I too slit two of my saris - one pattu sari and one lottu sari (poly silk sari).

I too gave people surprise by appearing in the same sari in madisaar and

regular in a gap of a few minutes. :confused:

They thought that I had two sarees in the same design and color!!! :rolleyes:

Dear Sis,

Though mAmi's of yester years were fated to wear this outfit every day (and night!) they were expert 'jumpers'!

Now that we wear only for a few occasions, this ready made will be real cool! I would suggest to put elastic band
instead of the 'nAdA' to save some more time! :peace:

I am really amazed wondering how on earth they managed their pregnancies,

periods and the umpteen other problems women face on regular basis!!!

Hats off to the mamis of the past! :yo:

Dear Smt RR

Your post # 18 Oof !

Thank God you didn't post a video of a dim doll dressed in a Madisaar, [ leftist/rightist ] prancing around
with Sylvester Stallone [ in Pancha Kacham, with the forehead aptly adorned to match the Madisaar ]
and gyrating suggestively and provocatively to the beats of Tamil Cinema.

Thanks for that. [ why Stallone? : - because Smt VR doesn't like Schwarzenegger and can't stand the sight
of a famished Oma Kuchchi on a weight controlling diet !]

In the midst of all this, Paddu Sir is coming up with some sane advise. Sir Ji, advise taken, will try not
to let my mind run wild - it's a riot out there, and I am upto my hilt in it.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

You watch to many Tamil movies I am sure! :ranger:

If Omaguchchi goes on a diet he will become invisible. :faint:

Already he is visible ONLY because of his unique hair style

resembling the rays of the rising Sun. :flame:

I do not care for hulks and hunks - be it Arnold or Sylvester. :bored:

There was a mami who went out in Delhi wearing her double sided and double bordered nine yards saree with a rich pallu.

Lo and behold the double trouble emerged in a jiffy.

A Punjabi giant wanted her sari to be removed and handed over to him on the spot since the jari in the past used to be spun out of pure gold.

She cried for mercy since women usually do not (or rather can not )
wear any under garment/ skirt below the nine yards sari.

The fellow gave his turban and took away her sari. A fine barter!!!

Poor mami came home drenched in tears - wrapped in a smelly stinking turban of a bearded giant punjabi!

.......... I too gave people surprise by appearing in the same sari in madisaar and

regular in a gap of a few minutes. ........
Those mAmis have not seen a few others and are ignorant! :loco:

It was a normal practice by many mAmis, even during 60s! They fold the extra three yards as a wrap around

and tie up the rest in the normal way! But, when we make it as a two piece suit (!!) it is much easier to wear! :cool:

Post # 33

I heard a different version. It was a normal six yards saree and the guy told her that his turban will also be about five meters

and she can have it in exchange of her saree! And ......... FYI many mAmis wear leggings now a days! :D

hi RR madam,
sometimes panchakaccham becomes PANCHAKASTAM.....BUT NOW PANCHAKACCHAM BECAME MADISAAR KACCHAM.....

ONNUME PURIYALE INTHA ULAGATHILE...ENNAMO NADAKKATHU....MARMA IRUKKUTHU

hi RR madam,
sometimes i wondered.....my both grandmas got married very young age....through out therir life they wear ONLY MADISAR.

AFTER THEIR MARRIAGE IN TEEN AGE.....THEY HAD 13 CHILDREN WITH MADISAR.....CAN U IMAGINE NOW?

.... sometimes i wondered.....my both grandmas got married very young age....through out therir life they wear ONLY MADISAR.

AFTER THEIR MARRIAGE IN TEEN AGE.....THEY HAD 13 CHILDREN WITH MADISAR.....CAN U IMAGINE NOW?
Those days mAmAs were 'killAdi's. :lol:

Reminds me of the turtle living all its life enclosed between two shells and still proving to be so fertile. I can guess two reasons for this.

1. The mamas knew the loopholes well enogh. :rolleyes:

2. The mamis found it easier to manage pregnancies than the monthy periods (in that sari going round and round with a kachcham running between the legs ) and kept of delivering children during their entire fertitlity period.

Luckily God had made sure that there would be 2 to 3 years' gap between successive successful pregnancies.

So in a fertility period of 40 years they could sill produce 13 children!

Post # 33

I heard a different version. It was a normal six yards saree and the guy told her that his turban will also be about five meters

and she can have it in exchange of her saree! And ......... FYI many mAmis wear leggings now a days! :D

If it were a six yards saree mami must have had some kind of skirt underneath the

sari and won't be left high and dry like Droupadi on a Delhi road in broad daylight!

Nine yards over leggings.

They are practically sealed even from the killaadi mamas. :rolleyes:

I don't think so! She moves her hands and talks on cell phone.

At least at the end, a lady came to help her! :thumb:

Some background music could have added 'pep' to this video!

I don't think I can stand like a statue

without any expressions whatever

while a boy goes round me tying a sari. :nono:

Those mAmis have not seen a few others and are ignorant! :loco:

It was a normal practice by many mAmis, even during 60s! They fold the extra three yards as a wrap around

and tie up the rest in the normal way! But, when we make it as a two piece suit (!!) it is much easier to wear! :cool:

It may be alright for the pencil-thin people.
For those who are rettai-naadi or rettai-body
already appearing to be wearing
two saris in the place of one sari,
this will increase their volume tremendously. :bowl:

There is a saying '
மாமா கதிரு போல; மாமி குதிரு போல!'

So mAmis are supposed to be fat!

Last week in gunasselam temple near srirangam, I saw a young iyengar couple (around 25) in panchakachcham/namam and madisar, doing special puja for the new born, accompanied by the girl's parents. They, from the affluent US, had perhaps come to worship their kula/ishta devata.

Some years ago, it was easy to spot the young NRIs from their deportment, paraphernalia and equipment (handy cam etc.) they carry; nowadays it is a bit more difficult. In any temple utsavams, one will find many panchakachcham mamas shooting with a handycam or mobile cam.

All professional politicians in tamilnadu wear spotless white doti and shirt and vibhuti and will never be caught wearing pants. Irrespective of what they do do outside, they get as close to the garbagraha as brahmins in the past.

It will be nice if tambrams wear veshti and panchakachchan during temple visit.

hi RR madam,
sometimes i wondered.....my both grandmas got married very young age....through out therir life they wear ONLY MADISAR.

tbs Sir

you know one thing? Madisar, Pavadai Dhavani , these are the most revealing attractive dresses.
My mother was wearing all the time only Madisar, also my grand ma, Aunt and other older generation.

I was the 7 th issue for my parents, and behind me another 5!!!

My dad was a Post master and house attached to post office; he can move in between home and office as he likes!!
Remember, in those days, no Radio, TV, no other entertainment.. what else to do...if i continue more Raji Madam
Adippa!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back