• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old Age Homes for Brahmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came to know that a lot of old people particularly brahmins are put in old age homes in bangalore and I want to spend some of my time with them, sharing their agonies and helping them with day to day needs. If any one are aware of such homes for brahmins, do let me know. I stay near KR puram and I would be very happy if I can find some homes around my area but that is not at all an issue. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir,
There is another thread on this subject(SEE PAGE 2 of General Discussions),where
Shri.KIRUKU has given details of old age homes in Bangalore.

I came to know that a lot of old people particularly brahmins are put in old age homes in bangalore and I want to spend some of my time with them, sharing their agonies and helping them with day to day needs. If any one are aware of such homes for brahmins, do let me know. I stay near KR puram and I would be very happy if I can find some homes around my area but that is not at all an issue. Thanks in advance.

Hi Vin,

I commend you on your desire to ‘helping the old people with their day to day needs’. You might want to list further what you are able to do. for example, reading books, doing shopping, taking walks together or running errands for them. no matter what, it is a noble deal, and you are indeed a noble soul for even thinking of this.

One point I might want to caution you re ‘sharing their agonies’ I think you have made a lot of assumptions behind the ‘agonies’ part. People go to old age homes for many many reasons, and it does not behoove well of the noble minded person, to intrude and further be nosey as to why they want and add further fuel to any fire of discontent.

There are as many reasons, and it is not upto the rest of us to pass judgement on the presence and occupation of old age homes. And not all of the residents are agonizing. In fact many of them may find it far more pleasant that staying with their children, and be saddled with chores.

It is important the we understand the changing times, and along with it, the changing nature of our lifestyle. Those who change along with the times, are best capable of finding peace and contentment. Others are bound to find only unhappiness and agony. Not sure, if you want to be a part of the latter crowd.

Take care.

B,

i thought i will send this link to you. person of mutual interest. subbarama iyer's daughter

i find that i cannot send a pr msg to you.

K

The Hindu : Life & Style / Metroplus : Someone special

Dear Kunjuppu,

Thanks for the link. Interesting news, Jaya has the looks of her father.
Now that I have included you in my contacts, you can send private messages to me.
Regards,

Brahmanyan, Bangalore.

Last edited:
Dear Kunjuppu,

Thanks for the link. Interesting news, Jaya has the looks of her father.
Now that I have included you in my contacts, you can send private messages to me.
Regards,

Brahmanyan, Bangalore.

thanks B.

yes. subbarama iyer's jowls and hollow eyes are like trade mark stamps - passed on to even the grandchildren. and ofcourse all the 5 children :), thoroughly overriding a very pretty mother. :(

Last edited:

Excellant, my salutes to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back