• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

old age homes

Looking for a decent old age home for my 80 year old healthy, active dad. In and around Chennai preferred but open to other locations
hi

i know some of them....even my mother stayed and died in a old age home 3 yrs back.....i had bitter experiences

with them.....so i dont want recommend any homes....life is bitter truth...money is the ONLY concern in these

homes....no human value/humanity...sorry for that..

It would be wiser to hire some helps to look after your dad in eighties.
Did anyone leave you in child care when you were a child and helpless.
You are duty bound to look after your dad
Sorry for being forth right

Normally daughters look after dad.
As Supreme court judge said daughters remain daughters upto end of life and son is a son only until his marriage
How true ?

In my family we have more than ten senior citizens in eighties and nineties.
We have ensured that no one ends up in senior citizen homes
Ssniors should not be isolated and stay integrated with adults and children.
It is definitely possible if only one has the will

When we look for paid helps for senior citizens we beed to only see that are clean and well groomed.we need to ignore casre and religion of paid helps.
The issue with brahmin is most are reluctant to employ anyone not belonging to their caste.
They have issues with a NB entering kitchen or washroom.It is a matter of concern that such tssues continue to exisAre there no liberal brahmins?

Normally daughters look after dad.
As Supreme court judge said daughters remain daughters upto end of life and son is a son only until his marriage
How true ?

True as per my experience ! My சம்மந்தி மாமி is well taken care of my DIL She will be 80 next month . She is on dialysis on every Wednesday & Saturday Gets up 4.30 gives her bath and drives her to MIOT (about 20 kms.) be there by 6.30 when dialysis starts goes for about for 5hrs drive her back and then goes to office ! Pretty stenous - I always compliment her lest she looses her steam . She is planning for a small function - ஆத்து மட்டுல சதாபிஷேகம் -

I suggested to avoid the ritual of அபிஷேகம்!

When some in eighties end up with liver diseases or cancer life of others also turned upside down.
Regular visits to hospitals blood tests scans all taking a toll on lives of close relarives.
If the daughter is working woman the pressure is higher.
Many fall apart unable tp cope .

Jj ji
You are brilliant in selection of daughter in laws
You have nurtured them to suit both your and sambansdhi 's family.
All this calls for a lot of wisdom.
God bless .

My mother lived a healthy lifs with minimal health issues .She did have ulcers diagnosed in her eighties. Last two years she was bed ridden .My two sisters both working women took months of leave to look after her. Since we are a close knit all visited her and kept her occupied

There are very much news on the brighter side also. I know a family where the widowed mother in 90s , totally blind , with very restricted movements taken care by her four sons and two daughters in rotation . Every month they contribute , rented a separate house ,engaged a full time maid and every one resides with mother in rotation. Even son staying in abroad sticks to this rule and visits India stays with his mother. The elderly lady is so fortunate. But many are not .

Looking for a decent old age home for my 80 year old healthy, active dad. In and around Chennai preferred but open to other locations

I am sorry you are getting unwanted advice.
You must have evaluated your options.
There are many nice facilities available in and around Chennai.
If you did a search of this forum for retirement homes, old age homes, nursing homes, senior living, etc you can get good recommendations.

Please check the following thread:

All the best.

Do a google search to get a list of homes, then your research should begin. You must visit and see for yourself, cost, cleanliness, and the staff is important.

Here is a search that I did:

Last edited:
The member requires assisted living with nursing facilities and hospital near by.
This reduces his options.It has to be near his home also for easy access.
It would be more appropriate to locate him in a facility close to his home in chennai and hospital also.
He can place him in a cottage or room provided by hospital in their facility.
I found vijaya hospital group providing such facility in chennai some years back.

Latest ads

Back