• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Not facing murtis while praying

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear renukaji !
the questions are for ordinary people and not for people of your status. it is like a story in which a sanyasi asked one baktha (the baktha asked the sanyasi not to show his feet to GOD while he was taking rest in a temple )to place his feet in the direction where GOD is not present.when he tried siva lingam has appeared wherever the feet were placed .
guruvayurappan

LOL! I did not know that I was not ordinary..so that leaves me at the either end of the spectrum..either below ordinary or extra ordinary!

BTW sir, I was quoting Narayana Upanishad cos it does say God is in every direction.

Am I not entitled to an opinion?

I wonder why you decided to use the word " not for people of your status"?

I wonder what is means?Hopefully not a hint of sarcasm.

None of us including me are Mahans to have a Lingam sprout at each direction we place our feet.

I still find your response a little weird and uncalled for BTW.

My post was still very much within polite range I feel..read it again..I have pasted it below.

Sometimes I wonder is directions all the important cos at the end of the day in Narayana Upanishad its says:

दिशश्च नारायनः
Dishashca Narayana

Directions are Narayana.

So if God is in every direction why worry?

I guess the only important direction is being Eka Gratha...One Pointedness of the mind.

Last edited:
Dear Renukaji,

i personally feel that you have great knowledge of everything that you wreite about and do not post anything which is out of context or for the sake of posting something. So some people ( like i called normal few days back) like me do feel you are a person of quality , knowledgeable and i think Mr.Guruvayurappan must also felt it in that way only.
Reading thru his post this much i can gauge.
See no one thought of Space journey and directions there, and you wrote abt it..

Cheers.

Dear Renukaji,

i personally feel that you have great knowledge of everything that you wreite about and do not post anything which is out of context or for the sake of posting something. So some people ( like i called normal few days back) like me do feel you are a person of quality , knowledgeable and i think Mr.Guruvayurappan must also felt it in that way only.
Reading thru his post this much i can gauge.
See no one thought of Space journey and directions there, and you wrote abt it..

Cheers.

Dear sir,

I wish someone would answer on the directions in space cos it is something to consider.

Cos when orbiting in space we face countless sunsets and sunrises and it makes us realize that it is indeed दिशश्च नारायनः Dishashca Narayana(Directions are Narayana) and so direction of prayer is also sort of relatively speaking.

So may be not at all times adhering to directions for prayer is possible hence we Hindus are advised to direct our prayers within cos that is the only direction which does not change..the direction of our Atma.

After all when we face any Murti praying sincerely most of the while we close our eyes.

I was trying to co relate the points to get a deeper understanding.

Sometimes a bit of dissecting makes us understand the anatomy of religion better.

I am as ordinary as anyone and just hoping for answers that's all.

Last edited:
I think both are right. Mr.Guruvayurappan talks the common man's language while Renu is philosophical.

Dear sir,

Thank you.

I just hope members do not get me wrong..when I put forth some questions I do not have any intention to belittle anyone or any mode of prayer.

I am also a fellow Hindu so I view every ritual as sacred too and would just like to know significance behind everything and also carry it to a philosophical level for a better understanding.

I also have been asking Sarma Sastrigal ji questions on significance of almost everything he writes.

Hope this clears the misconception anyone could have had.

Dear Guruvayur ji,

I owe you an apology.
I am sorry if my post seemed a little harsh.
It's just that I seemed to be misunderstood.

Regards
Renu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back