• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No Religion - No Caste

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kerala Government has announced recently that people may, if they so wish, give "NIL" against the columns 'religion' and 'caste' in the application forms for jobs as also in SSL Certificates. People who do so will not be eligible for any privilege or benefit based on relgion or caste.

I feel this is the first time that such a reform has been introduced in India.

Members may give their views.

The Kerala Government has announced recently that people may, if they so wish, give "NIL" against the columns 'religion' and 'caste' in the application forms for jobs as also in SSL Certificates. People who do so will not be eligible for any privilege or benefit based on relgion or caste.

Sri Sangom,

Thank you for sharing this piece of information with us.

I doubt people would opt for "NIL" specification against the columns 'religion' and 'cast' in school certificates and application forms for jobs. The majority are into specific remarks and the person with 'NIL' specification would be often questioned to reveal his/her identity and the reason opting for 'NIL'. May be some would still go for 'NIL' specification unmindful of 'religion'/'cast' benefits, but for sure would be the few, IMO.

The Kerala Government has announced recently that people may, if they so wish, give "NIL" against the columns 'religion' and 'caste' in the application forms for jobs as also in SSL Certificates. People who do so will not be eligible for any privilege or benefit based on religion or caste.

Dear Sri Sangom,

It is my view that in a "Secular" State there is no necessity for Religion/Caste in the Government Records. It is a good move by the Kerala Government to dispense with the requirement of Religion/Caste. I wish that others also follow this.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Sri Sangom,

Thank you for sharing this piece of information with us.

I doubt people would opt for "NIL" specification against the columns 'religion' and 'cast' in school certificates and application forms for jobs. The majority are into specific remarks and the person with 'NIL' specification would be often questioned to reveal his/her identity and the reason opting for 'NIL'. May be some would still go for 'NIL' specification unmindful of 'religion'/'cast' benefits, but for sure would be the few, IMO.

I think so too....because govt provides benefits based on caste and religion (like 5% reservations for Muslims), a very few will be filling to take this path...

may be TamBrams, anyway they do not get any benefits:)- Nothing to lose!

Regards
Revathi

Everything has to start somewhere. Making this available is a good first step towards secular government/society/education.

Kerala govt should now scrap all caste and religion based benefits. Then there would be no reaon to have this coumn at all.

I am thankful for the Kerala Government for this act of wisdom and appreciate the Kerala Government for being the first to introduce such a reform. I trust and I wish other states follow suite. Also remove all benefits that ascribe to Religion or Caste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back