• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No jeans, mobile phones for Brahmin girls: BJP MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrishna100

No jeans, mobile phones for Brahmin girls: BJP MP - Rediff.com India News
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Raghunandan Sharma has come up with the following suggestions to check crimes against women: Girls should not be allowed to use mobile phones before marriage and women should not wear jeans.

Sharma -- a member of the Rajya Sabha and vice-president of the BJP's Madhya Pradesh unit -expressed his views at a meeting of Brahmins in Ratlam district on Sunday.

The BJP MP termed mobile phone usage by students, particularly young girls, as a big menace and the genesis of other evils.

Sharma lambasted girls wearing jeans, saying it was the attire of American cowboys and in no way gelled with Indian culture.

Sharma, who was born a year before Independence, told Rediff.com on Tuesday, "I don't know what the problem with you journalists is. I was at my samaj meeting. It was a meeting of my society of Brahmins."

"I am a representative of the Brahmins and I am their leader. I was trying to suggest ways to improve my society. The advice was only for Brahmins, not for the country."

"I was speaking not as a MP or a BJP leader, I was speaking as a Brahmin to other Brahmins. I have my ideas of improving my society, what is your problem?"

"We are under attack from Western culture, our culture doesn't teach us to wear jeans," Sharma added.

"I have every right to tell my society of Brahmins how to dress, not to use mobile phones and whatever I think is good for my society."

"Nowhere did I suggest that I am trying to change the country, change my party's views or change my state's views. This was advice only for my people and meant only for them."

"I am a representative of the Brahmins and I am their leader. I was trying to suggest ways to improve my society. The advice was only for Brahmins, not for the country."

"I have every right to tell my society of Brahmins how to dress, not to use mobile phones and whatever I think is good for my society."

"Nowhere did I suggest that I am trying to change the country, change my party's views or change my state's views. This was advice only for my people and meant only for them."

So I guess this guy is only concerned about his own caste/community and not bothered if other caste girls or the country for the matter go down the drain.

This guy should be ashamed to call himself a Brahmin cos a true Brahmana thinks of Jagat Hita(welfare of everyone) and not himself alone.

I wonder how he recites Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu..I guess he might be reciting it as

Mama Varna Mama Kula Eva Sukhino Bhavantu.

First and foremost his suggestions are dumb enough..at least with a mobile phone one can dial for help when in an emergency and parents too can contact their daughters anytime and I wonder what is so wrong with jeans...it is quite a difficult to remove garment especially these days when a slim figure is hard to come by..removing a persons jeans as in rape will be much more difficult as compared to a person wearing a saree.

So now I guess every other politician will start playing on caste lines and let the fun begin!

Last edited:
First and foremost his suggestions are dumb enough..at least with a mobile phone one can dial for help when in an emergency and parents too can contact their daughters anytime and I wonder what is so wrong with jeans...it is quite a difficult to remove garment especially these days when a slim figure is hard to come by..removing a persons jeans as in rape will be much more difficult as compared to a person wearing a saree.
:clap2:

Won't this make the Brahmin girls stand out like sore thumbs in the group??? :fear:

Won't it make targeting them much easier and more accurate??? :scared:

We are told to "Do in Rome as Romans do!" :decision:

In another thread we have the problem of guys in TN not being comfortable with the idea of women driving car/2 wheeler.

In this thread we have a guy from MP saying that Brahmin girls should not have mobile phones and wear jeans!

I wonder why no restriction on guys?? Brahmin or Non Brahmin.

Why dont the MP from MP also ban guys wearing jeans and using mobile phones?

After all since he said jeans is American Cow Boy clothing.. our Desi Cow Boys too never wore jeans..so why should the modern Desi male be allowed to wear jeans??

And why should a male be allowed to have a mobile phone and a female banned from carrying one?

Someone should ask these males questions direct to their faces.

No mobiles for the M.Ps since they are famous
for watching pron on it - in the sabaha in session! :moony:

As long as they DO NOT say that a Brahmin girl

must NOT cross their door steps to go out??? :kev:

May be that day is not far off!!! :shocked:

May be it is the only solution to escape
being gang raped and shot dead after that. :faint:

Last edited:
The advise is for the local samaj community by a samaj member. The participant father, mother and the girl will decide what is good for them. We do not know what gitacharyan advised girl students of those days; follow dharma - mata, pita, acharya devo bhava. If the girls wants to listen to anybody, the three in the queue get priority.

Three scenario:

parents bought the phone and pay the usage bill.
Parents bought the phone, but the bill is settled by the girl from her savings or paid by a friend.
Parents do not know the girl has a phone and are blissfully ignorant of its usage - time and money spent.

Girls in the third category do get into trouble; then only the parents realise that they have been taken for a ride.

Swedish male train drivers wearing skirts to work in protest against shorts ban

A pleasant diversion:

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Commuters on a train line in northern Stockholm were met with an unusual sight this week: male train drivers and conductors wearing skirts to work.
Train driver Martin Akersten says he and more than a dozen others at the Roslagsbanan line have started wearing skirts in the summer as a protest against the train company's uniform policy, which doesn't allow shorts.
The 30-year-old Akersten said Sunday the response from customers has been only positive.

Arriva, the company that runs the train line, hasn't stopped the drivers. Arriva spokesman Tomas Hedenius says the company wants its staff to look "nice and proper," but can't stop men from wearing "women's clothes" if that's what they want because it would be discrimination.
He didn't rule out a change of the company's uniform policy.

Swedish male train drivers wearing skirts to work in protest against shorts ban | CTV News

Dr Renu

Your post # 6

Some of these stupid politicians are morons, with no sense of humor.

Just visualize 'an' Avvaiyar, in designer jeans, La Coste T-Shirt, Rayban goggles, hair done
by a stylist flown in from Los Angeles - riding away on a Harley Davidson to the Cannes Film Festival.

That would be 'Picture Perfect'.

One more reason to not follow our politicians' advise.

Yay Yem

A pleasant diversion:

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Commuters on a train line in northern Stockholm were met with an unusual sight this week: male train drivers and conductors wearing skirts to work.
Train driver Martin Akersten says he and more than a dozen others at the Roslagsbanan line have started wearing skirts in the summer as a protest against the train company's uniform policy, which doesn't allow shorts.
The 30-year-old Akersten said Sunday the response from customers has been only positive.

Arriva, the company that runs the train line, hasn't stopped the drivers. Arriva spokesman Tomas Hedenius says the company wants its staff to look "nice and proper," but can't stop men from wearing "women's clothes" if that's what they want because it would be discrimination.
He didn't rule out a change of the company's uniform policy.

Swedish male train drivers wearing skirts to work in protest against shorts ban | CTV News

:lol:

Hats Off to these guys!!!

Yes, when ladies can wear skirts to feel the breeze in the summer why guy's should not wear loose shorts. And if shorts are banned why can't they wear Skirt?

This IS Gender Equality! :high5:

image.jpg

Source: Swedish male train drivers wearing skirts to work

th

A cat walk in a skirt!!! WOW!!!
The top is left open to save him from the other men!!! :hug:
( OR They may mistake him for a woman!!!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So I guess this guy is only concerned about his own caste/community and not bothered if other caste girls or the country for the matter go down the drain.

This guy should be ashamed to call himself a Brahmin cos a true Brahmana thinks of Jagat Hita(welfare of everyone) and not himself alone.

I wonder how he recites Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu..I guess he might be reciting it as

Mama Varna Mama Kula Eva Sukhino Bhavantu.

So now I guess every other politician will start playing on caste lines and let the fun begin!

Renukaji,
These are the future leaders of the party that may come to power in India. But I bet there are members in this site who will support Sharmaji's position.
They will even go a step further and say that women should never leave home. LOL

Last edited:
Dr Renu

Your post # 6

Some of these stupid politicians are morons, with no sense of humor.

Just visualize 'an' Avvaiyar, in designer jeans, La Coste T-Shirt, Rayban goggles, hair done
by a stylist flown in from Los Angeles - riding away on a Harley Davidson to the Cannes Film Festival.

That would be 'Picture Perfect'.

One more reason to not follow our politicians' advise.

Yay Yem

What about post#6, do you think this is any different than the OP?
No sir, politicians can be stupid, but people who support stupid politicians are to blame.

No mobiles for the M.Ps since they are famous
for watching pron on it - in the sabaha in session! :moony:

As long as they DO NOT say that a Brahmin girl

must NOT cross their door steps to go out??? :kev:

May be that day is not far off!!! :shocked:

May be it is the only solution to escape
being gang raped and shot dead after that. :faint:

When Nutmost the Utmost lets his wisdom run amok... it is time to quit!!! :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back