• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need of the hour! For those who wish to protect our vedic culture! Read more: http:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Hindus must have shika (tuft),They should sport a Shika like their fore-fathers or at least a small Shika admidst their hair.
Hindus must always have a religious mark like Vibhuthi (holy ash) or Thiru Naamam (or Gopi Chandhan)on their forehead.In case of women kumkum,sindhoor as per tradition etc.,
Girls should be married as earlier as possible to prevent love marriages and inter caste marriages.Vedic Scriptures orders Hindu Parents to get their daughters married before they attain the age of 12 or puberty (whichever is earlier).There is a great scientific reason behind this rule.If you do some research you will get to know the facts and start to praise the scriptures how scientific it is!.
Hindus should not study in Co-Ed schools and colleges which leads to inter-caste love marriages.Varna Saankaryam is said as a great sin even in Srimath Bhagavath Gita!.
Hindus consisiting of Brahmanas,kshatriya,Vaishya & shudras must always try to stick to their "swa-dharma" to their extent possible.In short, Must follow the traditions of the Jaati Dharma & earn a livelihood as done by their ancestors.
Brahmins Must perform their daily vedic rites without fail.
BrahminsMust avoid eating in hotels.
Brahmins Must not eat onions,garlic etc..
Brahmins Must earn a livelihood by the ways said to brahmins.i.e. by adyapanam,yaajanam,prathigraha(Teaching,Officating as priests,recieve gifts)
Brahmins must take care that they are not criticized in the media.
Many PIL's must be filed in the court to protect our dharma,to live a decent dignified life,etc whichever is necesscary,
Must educate our children about great vedic Hindu heritage and must educate them about our dharma shastras and make them to follow it by ourselves being a roll-model.
Ladies must not go for work.(Let us live a simple life with the salary of the earning head!.Let women not compete with men for job opportunities who are still unemployed).Ladies can exib=hibit their talent in spiritual or social causes.I think hinduism can be saved only by the involvement of women.It was protected actually.
We Must wear only traditional dress,atleast at home or during worship.When it is not necessary,We need not imitate the Western people in our dress,language etc when we get out to behave socially in the society.
Brahmins must learn vedas,dharma shastras ,sanskrit daily.Brahmins Must perform sandhya vandhana,aupasanam,agnihotra,vaishvadevam daily.dharmashastra.blogspot

As Hindus must have shika (tuft),They should sport a Shika like their fore-fathers or at least a small Shika admidst their hair.
Hindus must always have a religious mark like Vibhuthi (holy ash) or Thiru Naamam (or Gopi Chandhan)on their forehead.In case of women kumkum,sindhoor as per tradition etc.,
Girls should be married as earlier as possible to prevent love marriages and inter caste marriages.Vedic Scriptures orders Hindu Parents to get their daughters married before they attain the age of 12 or puberty (whichever is earlier).There is a great scientific reason behind this rule.If you do some research you will get to know the facts and start to praise the scriptures how scientific it is!.
Hindus should not study in Co-Ed schools and colleges which leads to inter-caste love marriages.Varna Saankaryam is said as a great sin even in Srimath Bhagavath Gita!.
Hindus consisiting of Brahmanas,kshatriya,Vaishya & shudras must always try to stick to their "swa-dharma" to their extent possible.In short, Must follow the traditions of the Jaati Dharma & earn a livelihood as done by their ancestors.
Brahmins Must perform their daily vedic rites without fail.
BrahminsMust avoid eating in hotels.
Brahmins Must not eat onions,garlic etc..
Brahmins Must earn a livelihood by the ways said to brahmins.i.e. by adyapanam,yaajanam,prathigraha(Teaching,Officating as priests,recieve gifts)
Brahmins must take care that they are not criticized in the media.
Many PIL's must be filed in the court to protect our dharma,to live a decent dignified life,etc whichever is necesscary,
Must educate our children about great vedic Hindu heritage and must educate them about our dharma shastras and make them to follow it by ourselves being a roll-model.
Ladies must not go for work.(Let us live a simple life with the salary of the earning head!.Let women not compete with men for job opportunities who are still unemployed).Ladies can exib=hibit their talent in spiritual or social causes.I think hinduism can be saved only by the involvement of women.It was protected actually.
We Must wear only traditional dress,atleast at home or during worship.When it is not necessary,We need not imitate the Western people in our dress,language etc when we get out to behave socially in the society.
Brahmins must learn vedas,dharma shastras ,sanskrit daily.Brahmins Must perform sandhya vandhana,aupasanam,agnihotra,vaishvadevam daily.dharmashastra.blogspot

Very nice advices - for hindus in general and also for brahmins. May I ask the Original Poster whether he and his family follow all the above instructions?

according to the vedic culture, the dalits are the panchamas, ie outside the caste system. most of current day christians and muslims are formerly dalits. hinduism is the only religions, which opens advocates the entry of other faiths into our life, with this attitude. already the proselytization of dalits is intense, and with this attitude of the OP, and building walls of exclusivity, i wonder what the end result would be.

thankfully, i think, the younger generation, is thinking otherwise, one group bent on violence, but a significant number, throwing caste to the winds. which i think, is viewed as a threat, by the casteists.

this below from today's posting by 'vanniars against casteism', a group that is upset by the recent clashes and pogroms against the dalits. their message is aimed at their fellow vanniars, but i think, it is something, that all thoughtful persons can spend some time, while chewing the cud.

In this millennium age when caste rears its ugly head again, people started wondering if we can ever win over the caste and its malaise in the Tamil society. Questions were raised in various forums by many people about agreeing that we can’t win over the caste and accept the caste divisions and live with this diversity.

But the fact is, caste is not a diversity. But one that is divisive. Caste is not just a division, but it comes with a hierarchy, which classifies some people are lower caste and some are upper caste.

Caste is not just a division but one that promotes inequality. In a caste pyramid, every caste tries to preserve their position and in that process people who are at the bottom most are getting pushed down further even if they try to break the shackles. Hierarchy in the caste is the inherent problem in this caste system.

So, if one has to fight for equality of the human race beyond sex, religion, race, color, nationality etc., then we have to fight against the caste also, irrespective of whether it is realistic or tends to be a Utopian dream

a more erudite and intellectual arguement against caste, in today's world, is presented by dr ambedkar.

the annihilation of caste /

Last edited:
Very nice advices - for hindus in general and also for brahmins. May I ask the Original Poster whether he and his family follow all the above instructions?

Sir,
You ask for too much.
I am just advising others so, they do not compete with me in the job market. I with my English education, and foreign dress can easily get the next lucrative jobs, where as others with their Brahmanical appearance will be overlooked. LOL

according to the vedic culture, the dalits are the panchamas, ie outside the caste system. most of current day christians and muslims are formerly dalits. hinduism is the only religions, which opens advocates the entry of other faiths into our life, with this attitude. already the proselytization of dalits is intense, and with this attitude of the OP, and building walls of exclusivity, i wonder what the end result would be.
thankfully, i think, the younger generation, is thinking otherwise, one group bent on violence, but a significant number, throwing caste to the winds. which i think, is viewed as a threat, by the casteists.

All this is politics. Politics is not the only subject that can be discussed among people. There are many other useful subjects also for discussion.

this below from today's posting by 'vanniars against casteism
', a group that is upset by the recent clashes and pogroms against the dalits. their message is aimed at their fellow vanniars, but i think, it is something, that all thoughtful persons can spend some time, while chewing the cud.
In this millennium age when caste rears its ugly head again, people started wondering if we can ever win over the caste and its malaise in the Tamil society. Questions were raised in various forums by many people about agreeing that we can’t win over the caste and accept the caste divisions and live with this diversity.
But the fact is, caste is not a diversity. But one that is divisive. Caste is not just a division, but it comes with a hierarchy, which classifies some people are lower caste and some are upper caste.
Caste is not just a division but one that promotes inequality. In a caste pyramid, every caste tries to preserve their position and in that process people who are at the bottom most are getting pushed down further even if they try to break the shackles. Hierarchy in the caste is the inherent problem in this caste system.
So, if one has to fight for equality of the human race beyond sex, religion, race, color, nationality etc., then we have to fight against the caste also, irrespective of whether it is realistic or tends to be a Utopian dream

I do not find in this argument any thing new. This is what was the content of all the writings and speeches of TN dravidian politicians from EVR to yesterday's street corner தீப்பொறி orator. I am disappointed with the clever attempt to manipulate people in this write up. Why should these "Vanniar rebels" not say that the middle castes have a vested interest in sustaining caste based hierarchy? It serves them well because they have the numbers and muscles(a democracy gives power in the hands of these two factors alone). All the assets in the country-land and capital are in the hands of these middle castes-are owned by these middle castes which includes Vanniars. This middle caste lump is unable to live in peace with panchamans at the 'lower' end and 'brahmins' at the higher end. That is the fact. They have no compulsion to live in peace with these sections of the society because all the shots are called by the middle castes. So all these fire breathing about caste eradication is so much of nonsense mouthed by any middle caste for the consumption of panchamans and brahmins. I am fed up reading this kind of nonsense for too long.

Thanks

....Hindus should not study in Co-Ed schools and colleges which leads to inter-caste love marriages.Varna Saankaryam is said as a great sin even in Srimath Bhagavath Gita!.
P.s. Narasimhan, but tks seems to think only ignoramuses incapable of understanding the true and complete meaning of BG would say anything like the above. What do you say about that?

Thank you ...

P.s. Narasimham is really advocating for statutory rape?

What is this? 1500 BC?

I think this is just a bait post. Unbelievable ...

Last edited:
hi
next topic,,,,ENGE BRAHNANAN?.....engeyum illai......everything is based on.....

UDARA NIMITHAM BAHU KRITA VESHAM........LOL

Highly welcome.Proposals deserve laudation. The only problem is the attitude of the youngsters who ar prone to western influence.Probably time alone can mend them. God is great.

The heading itself is very clear-[h=2]Need of the hour! For those who wish to protect our vedic culture![/h]Preaching is very easy whereas pratice is difficult. The original poster follow these instructions or not nobody knows. It is upto you
to take it or leave it. There is no compulsion.

This is the source of the OP. But I am afraid, if the Hindus follow all the ideas given here,

we can expect more percentage of poor Hindu families in the near future! :sad:

You are afraid if the Hindus follow all the ideas given above, we can expect more percentage of poor Hindu families or more
percentage of Hindu brahmin families in the near future. Then how do you want to solve this problem? Can we discard all our
brahminical customs.tradition and all other good things that we sincerely followed all these many years. Pray God to help us.
:lalala:

narasimhan,

i have been wrestling with this subject for a while. the divisive elements of hinduism, they exist, and we cannot wish them away.

if we want to be just brahmins, there is a way of life, which our ancestors followed and we have given up. willingly. nobody forced us.

if we want to be hindus, then since we are at the top of the caste totempole, we need to do something, to make hinduism inclusive, to the dalits, and other castes. easier said than done.

or we can just muddle along, with each generation, modifying or discarding our brahmin practices, to suit our convenience. till such time, when there is little difference between our lifestyle and that of another caste - everything will be based on economics.

ultimately economics rules i believe. how much handwrings we may do here, i think, has no effect, when your daughter is offered a 50,000 rupees per month job and you just manage to earn the same amount in just one year.

it is easy for us to preach. we may all want to look at ourselves, our children, relatives, and see how many practice what is preached here by those who want to preserve vedic heritage. is it just tharpanam, sandhy and yearly avani avittam? just that or something more?

IC marriages, aggressive conversions and caste wars within hindus - we can wish them away, but they just refuse to go. do they?

Narasihmanji,
Before admiring and posting this thread Did you read it?
Do you think your children will follow any of it?
If honestly you can say that you and your children are following this idea, then only you should advice it to a wider audience.
Knowing how impractical and outdated this posting is, you should have second thought. If you do not believe it, then you must be a troll.

You are afraid if the Hindus follow all the ideas given above, we can expect more percentage of poor Hindu families or more
percentage of Hindu brahmin families in the near future. Then how do you want to solve this problem? Can we discard all our
brahminical customs.tradition and all other good things that we sincerely followed all these many years. Pray God to help us.
:lalala:

Until about 4 or 5 generations ago (i.e., my great grandfather or his grandfather's times) most of the tabras were very poor economically. I have been given to understand by my elders that even in the contemporary hindu society of those days, most tabra households had to struggle much in order to make both ends meet, although NBs and a very few select brahmin families used to be "rich" in the comparative sense.

During the turn of the century (19th. to the 20th.) tabras received a lot of opportunity for government jobs at various levels - depending upon their level of English education. (However, even up to 1940's or so, a tabra graduate was special and even clearing matriculation was found difficult by tabras because for them the study of vedas and sanskrit in a pAThaSAla was then considered mandatory and English education was over & above this. Poverty, lack of good health and this kind of study-load, did not go together well.)

India got independence and there was a fresh thinking among these large numbers of poor tabras - mostly originating from the thinking of Bharathiyar and similar leaders - and as a result they tended to eschew their old ways of life which had not given them anything except a near-beggarly life, and consciously adopted the then "modern" ways in order to have a more decent life for themselves. I know several vaideekans of the 1940 era - with tuft, panchakaccham and many other attributes listed out in the OP - who insisted that their sons and daughters go to English schools, graduate from college and seek government jobs. Many such families have progressed very much in terms of material comforts, asset accumulation, etc., though, side by side, they have come very far away from the brahmanical life style.

Today, almost 90 to 95% of tabras do not follow any longer, any of the advice/suggestion contained in the OP. Most have gone one step further than what the vaideekans of the 1940's did (because tabras were practically denied job opportunities due the reservations system and even the private sector jobs became very few as time passed) and have allowed their younger generations to go and even settle abroad permanently because it is in those countries that we tabras get jobs without any stigma of "reservation", "forward caste", etc. Many of these youngsters have become citizens of the new host countries also. Hence in another 50 years or so, brahmins, brahminism, brahmin cultures & values, customs & practices, beliefs and philosophy, all these will be decided by this expatriate crowd; there will be very few tabras left in India then.

As to Shri Somayaji's suggestions to "all hindus", we have to treat it as his baseless dream and nothing more.

Dear friends,
I must accept my children may not follow any brahminical customs and tradition.According to you if they are impractical and
outdated, and people like you want to bury anything and every thing we sincerely followed ,then there is no other
go except to follow the present day customs if at all there are any. Kudos for all your findings.

one sure and time tried method of enforcement of community behaviour is excommunication. ie ostracize those who deviate from the community norms.

in tamil nadu villages, among non dalits, this practice is still in effect. even in agamudaiyar community, they do not marry outside their immediate village surroundings. we all know what happens when a dalit boy marries a vanniar girl. :(

maybe if we are still in the agraharams, excommunication might work. but we are all out of not only agraharams, but also beyond what is considered brahmin 'neighbourhoods'. today's buildings are governed by cost per square foot, and not by caste, i think, though there may be exceptions.

also, there is no one to enforce stringent blacklist activities, for various reasons. the best one, is that, people like me, feel it is immoral and wrong to differentiate a loved one, due to marriage to another caste. whereas to others, it may be economical - if your NB sil or dil, earns money to take care of you in your old age, are you going to bite the hand that feeds you?

solutions like avoidance of co ed schools or early marriage have been suggested - but not workable i think.

all in all, my maternal grandfather was a lawyer in a small town, and had no knowledge of vedas or vedic life, except shaving the head of his sister when she attained widowhood when she was 8 or 9. my paternal grandfather, who died of TB worked in Imperial Bank of India, Bombay/Madras and died before 30 and was non vedic himself.

i dont know about my great grandparents. so i dont really miss any vedic culture or way of life.

i have in usa, a relative, son of a vathiar. he is a medical specialist, but while earning a lot of money, i suspect he is full of guilt over his family's lifestyle and hence erratic behaviour, which makes life hell for his wife and family. heis also an easy prey to the local vathiars and folks from india asking money for some temple or others, and he donates thousands of dolla without telling his wife.

my only arguement is for honesty. if we want tostop doing something, let us not feel bad about it. otherwise we should stick with whatever we consider sacred or sacrosanct. ok?

kunjuppu

The Thread opener himself has admitted that "I must accept my children may not follow any brahminical customs and tradition" in post no 16, it is only for others he is preaching this!!

Such preaching are very common in this site and other public Forums, while they themselves do not follow any of these;

They should be ignored and not worth replying them.

Last edited:
kunjuppu

The Thread open himself has admitted that "I must accept my children may not follow any brahminical customs and tradition" in post no 16, it is only for others he is preaching this!!

Such preaching are very common in this site and other public Forums, while they themselves do not follow any of these;

They should be ignored and not worth replying them.

dear P.J.,

here is a reason, why good people should speak up...

a few years ago, long before even nara joined this group, there used to 3 or 4 members, retired, and who used to constantly post exhortations to the extent, that hinduism was in danger, abrahamic religion were ruining us and whole lot of hindutva stuff.

what bothered me more, was these guys, used to ask the youngsters who read these posts, to take up arms and indulge in street fighting.

ofcourse i challenged these - asked them if these would encourage their sons or grandsons to do the same. also, how many of us, would like to leave behind weeping children, siblings and parents, all victims due to misguided violence.

soon after my postings, came a few rejoinders, from youngsters...not only appreciating me for my stand, but also, that they were smart enough to see through the shenanigans and lies of some of these posts.

i would assume, there is a public out there, reading, and when they see, not only lies, but certain stands based on casteism and glorifcation of manu, i feel no hesitation to stepping in, and presenting a pov, which i think, is only in tune with current values, which are more universal and inclusive in nature.

so, dear sir, please do not keep quiet. every voice of reason, is a voice for truth. and common sense. let us too prevail. :)

kunjuppu

I appreciate your stand, but you are going to see many more such preachings from the Thread opener in future.
These people will never learn, there are no one to listen and appreciate them, so they just come here and vomit whatever they read in books ,as this is a public Forum.

There is another Thread which I read in this Forum is about Brahmins not conversing in Sanskrit; He has also admitted that he is not doing it even at his home.
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/sociology/12772-iyer-s-corner.html#post198822

These people are just Jokes.

Dear P S N Sir,

I appreciate those who
do sandhyA vandhanam at least once a day and those who visit a temple once a week.

But asking guys to sport a tuft and stopping ladies from going for work is something impossible at this hour!

It is not possible for brahmins to live the 'life of a brahmin' as prescribed by the elders. :)

Hindu rituals are flexible to suit one's need. The rules mentioned in the post read more like Taliban instructions, only the religion is different.

Hindu rituals are flexible to suit one's need. The rules mentioned in the post read more like Taliban instructions, only the religion is different.

Shri sarathy,

I don't know your age nor your experience or knowledge about our "hindu rituals" applicable to brahmins. Our scriptures do not at all view the rituals as "flexible" but it was our own community which misinterpreted those rituals as flexible mainly because it was not "brAhmaNyam" which was important to us, as a community, from the beginning of the 20th. century, but the comforts of modern living which could be obtained only through earning more money. In this race many of us tabras readily changed to shudra servants of the britishers and the british government; we still continue essentially as shudras but have the hypocrisy to boast ourselves as brahmins. That is the tragedy which has befallen the tabras.

Dear P S N Sir,

I appreciate those who
do sandhyA vandhanam at least once a day and those who visit a temple once a week.

But asking guys to sport a tuft and stopping ladies from going for work is something impossible at this hour!

It is not possible for brahmins to live the 'life of a brahmin' as prescribed by the elders. :)

Raji Madam

These perverts just post these preachings without even thinking; even in the Thread opener's home. Ladies must be working; it is because no one listens to him and this Forum is free to post any Thread, he just post these preachings for others to follow, not for him or for his family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back