• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need Help for Rameshwaram Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskaram,

End of this month myself along with my old mother, planning to have a pilgrimage trip and Pithru shaanthi in Rameshwaram. It will be great if you could share your suggestions and contacts like, is there any mutt provide stay and service? (of course paid one), as my mother is very pious, she doesn't want to eat outside. I will appreciate if some one can share any Vathiyar number who could help us in arranging stay and do our karmas etc. in Rameshwaram.

Thanks,
Kalyan.

Namaskaram,

End of this month myself along with my old mother, planning to have a pilgrimage trip and Pithru shaanthi in Rameshwaram. It will be great if you could share your suggestions and contacts like, is there any mutt provide stay and service? (of course paid one), as my mother is very pious, she doesn't want to eat outside. I will appreciate if some one can share any Vathiyar number who could help us in arranging stay and do our karmas etc. in Rameshwaram.

Thanks,
Kalyan.

Hi Kalyan,

If you are an Iyengar, you have no rituals to perform at Rameshwaram. You have to go to the nearby Thiruppullaani and perform the rituals there. There is Srimad Andavan Asram and the Ahobhila Mutt where Vadhyars are available to help you. You will be provided food also by the respective Arathakar there. You will have to go and take bath in the sea and then perform the rituals at the sea-shore (Setu karai) with the help of the Vadhyar and then go and have the darshan of Bhagawan in Darpa Sayanam at the temple there before having your food. As I am away from the country I am unable to give you the phone nos. of the Mutts there. You can get the number from your local Ahobhila mutt or Andavan Asram.

If you are an Iyer my above info may not be useful to you as iyers perform their rituals in the island Rameswaram. Our Sri Gopalanji may be of help of RRji.

Recently, I came across this info. in the thread Rameswaram Yatra

Copy pasting that post here, for convenience.

Dear Respected Members of Tamil Brahmin Family,

sharing Vadyar/ Vaideeka Number for hassle free visit of Rameswaram. Contact for all Poorva and Apara,

all Parihaarams like Thila Homam, Sarpa Shanthi, Santana Gopala Krishna Homam, Naaga Prathista, Hiranya

Sraddam and Kashi Yatra Sankalpam.

Name : Mr. Ramesh Sharma. ........ Mob: 9036710365

You may please contact Kanchi mutt, Sri Sundara Vadhyar in Rameswaram contact no. 9443321641 for accomodation, intimating him in advance. For homely brahmin food, after doing there all rituals, Sri Chandru 9843284685. These information got through my friend when I went a year ago in 2016 Malaya paksham days,

Namaskaram,

Thanks,
Kalyan.

hi

i recently went to rameshswaram and did pitru karma too....i had vadhyar with s radhakrishna vadhyar six months back.....the details are given below...

First you must go to RAMESWARAM and then to kasi and again to Rameswaram is the correct proceedure for iyers. So I am also giving the sastrigal's name s in RAMESVARAM. S. RADHA KRISHNA VADHYAR. Sri mathre graham. PHONE; (04573) 221943. cell; 9443508843; 9442461923; For boarding and lodging HOTEL TAMIL NADU IS THERE. KASI MUTT; LODGE PHONE NO; (04573) 223130.

K.R. VENKATARAMA SASTRIGAL. (04573) 223636, 222068. cell; 94866 72258.

SHRI. SWAMINATHA SARMA rameswaram cell; 99433 08217. He is doing THILA HOMAM AT HIS RESIDENCE FOR PITHRU SAPA/DOSHA NIVRUTHY.

In the ramanatha swamy temple daily early morning spatika linga sevai is there at 5 a. m. entry fee rupees fifty only. Sankara mutt is having AC ROOM AND NON AC ROOM . and sri. sundar sastrigal is there in sankara mutt. (sringeri sankara muut),. cell no; 09443321641 .

Hi Vaagmi Ji,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am Iyer, but the stay details will be really helpful for me also Iyengars looking this reply can be benefited. Thanks again.

Hi TPS Ji,

Thanks for your detailed information and Phone numbers. Definitely it will help me a lot. Thanks for your time and help. I will keep you posted after the trip

Thanks for your detailed information and Phone numbers. Definitely it will help me a lot. Thanks for your time and help. I will keep you posted after the trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back