• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Naan Kadavul - Aham Brahmasmi movie depctions of sadhus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched this movie, I wanted to know fellow members reactions and comments on this movie. When I went to watch it, I thought it was going to be about spirituality how wrong I was.
One interesting part I noticed is that in the entire movie hero talk only 2 dialogs in tamil rest is all in Sanskrit (slokas) and Hindi. Usually brahmins/saints will be the baddies in present day indian movies, here for a change they are not.

"Thiripuram Erittha Sivan, Irupuram Maruttha Ivan"

Awesome movie...!!!

It is based on Aghoris... a sect who see the beauty of Siva/Brahman everywhere (they believe in monism)... and hence they do things which are taboo to us...

More can be found in wiki...

This youtube link is interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0bGrvKVxac

The movie captivated me right throughout.... Woven through the sequences, it describes the detachment of the Aghori... in the latter part, mrityu from an Aghori is depicted both as a punishment and as a deliverance... (separately)...

Portrayal of the lowly characters was very real... along the way, the movie has several moments where it strikes a deep chord...

One interesting part I noticed is that in the entire movie hero talk only 2 dialogs in tamil rest is all in Sanskrit (slokas) and Hindi.
Think he indulges in enough tamil for us to understand... :typing:

Fascinating, captivating... it left me in raptures...

re

"Thiripuram Erittha Sivan, Irupuram Maruttha Ivan"

Awesome movie...!!!

It is based on Aghoris... a sect who see the beauty of Siva/Brahman everywhere (they believe in monism)... and hence they do things which are taboo to us...

More can be found in wiki...

This youtube link is interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0bGrvKVxac

The movie captivated me right throughout.... Woven through the sequences, it describes the detachment of the Aghori... in the latter part, mrityu from an Aghori is depicted both as a punishment and as a deliverance... (separately)...

Portrayal of the lowly characters was very real... along the way, the movie has several moments where it strikes a deep chord...

Think he indulges in enough tamil for us to understand... :typing:

Fascinating, captivating... it left me in raptures...

S S

Any weblinks,wherein i can watch this movie,free.Dunno if it came to my neighborhood thatre and i missed it...

sb

re

sb, after you watch the movie, let me know what you feel...

S S

I kinda enjoyed it especially the Tamizh Brahmin Judge Character,taking a dig at the cop as well courts in India..that was super reality in TN,depicting what a sham demockcrazy India has,either in judicial or legislative branch.

Overall can watch once.But i have seen aghoris in Benares,Haridwar..etc they scared the jeepers out of me..:boxing:

sb:baby:

Hmmm... the best comedy was the inspector trying to speak in english and the judge admonishing him... true state of affairs :heh:

s s

vella karan/kari bashai is vella karan/kari bashai...i know how people laugh behind my back ,-at my accent,color of my skin,and my religious belief in usa..we need to adjust,compromise and keep moving on with our limited time in this body remaining in earth!!

sb :love:

s s

vella karan/kari bashai is vella karan/kari bashai...i know how people laugh behind my back ,-at my accent,color of my skin,and my religious belief in usa..we need to adjust,compromise and keep moving on with our limited time in this body remaining in earth!!

sb :love:
I have experienced the white man's racism.... believe me... this is all a power struggle... nothing else...those who hold the strings can afford to have things their way and laugh at others...

There is a colleague here who is from a country in europe... and she says that in her country nobody cares a damn about the english - both the people and the language...

It is only in India where people are weighed on based on their level of english knowledge...

btw, the scene in the movie was a portrayal of how our people try to ape the other with half baked knowledge... and the scene was pretty funny..

Regards

Naan kadavul

1. I could watch the 'youtoube' link. It is a movie based on totally a
different theme, no doubt.

2. I for one do not like occult or tantric cult and its systems, rituals and
processes. They are not only difficult to understand but disgusting
most of the times.

3. An average Indian's psyche is we readily admire one who speaks a new
language (preferably English) or does something different.

4. It is a sad truth that we equate proficiency in English or any other
exotic language with high level of intellectual quotient.

5. Why do we forget that people can think exceedingly well in their native
languages, can perform various tasks better than anybody and
achieve a lot too?

6. The underlying inferiority complex and scant regard for one's own
language are the possible reasons.

7. As regards this particular film, only after watching the whole film,
any firm opinion can be formed.

8. 'Aghoram', if I am right, is one of the five faces of Lord Siva.

9. I conclude my post with this Thirukkural.

"Mazhitthalum Neetalum venda; Ulagam
Pazhithadhu Ozhithu vidin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back